Installing a Blackvue Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
mike72uk

Re: Installing a Blackvue Dash cam

Post by mike72uk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Djmc321 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:33 pm
mike72uk wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:40 am
through roof lining to rear hatch hinge, through rubber tubing to hatch and out to rear cam mounted on centre top of rear glass !
That's exactly how/where my installers mounted my rear. Strange that you're not seeing issues. Did you go through the left or right tubing? Also, did you use any ferrite cores to shield the cable at all?
I went through the right hand tubing as you look into the boot. Cable runs down drivers side across top (inside roof lining above doors) drops down B pilar and crosses from front to back about 1/2 way down (where the joint in the trim is - overlap) then back up rear door over the top and through roof liner to rear hatch hinge !

No Ferrite cores used as far as I can remember, and I have no issues.

Considering the polarising covers though (for front certainly) to try to reduce the reflections from the windscreen. Have you updated to latest firmware (1.005 I think)
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch)
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Heatha05

Post by Heatha05 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 pm

At the risk of appearing dumb - there are already front and rear facing cameras on my car for the traffic sign detection and reversing. Would it be beyond the wit of man/Jaguar to provide a recording function? Or am I missing the point somehow?
2.0 AWD Portfolio, BRG, Espresso interior. Adaptive dynamics, incontrol touch pro. Heated steering wheel, cupholder cover, privacy glass.

Djmc321

Post by Djmc321 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:26 am

Heatha05 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 pm
At the risk of appearing dumb - there are already front and rear facing cameras on my car for the traffic sign detection and reversing. Would it be beyond the wit of man/Jaguar to provide a recording function? Or am I missing the point somehow?
The traffic detection camera probably using some machine vision based camera which works differently to a standard HD video one. There isn't the storage in the ICT system either. I agree though that it seems like all the tech could be incorporated by car companies, especially those with proper 360 cameras mounted. Maybe if dash cams keep rising in popularity we'll start seeing it as a pricey option once they figure out that there's a market there.

Thanks to the others for the feedback, I'll be getting in touch with the installer today tomsee what can be done.
S V6 Petrol, Indus Silver, Black Pack, ICTP, 20" Black 5031, Sliding Pano roof, privacy glass, Adsr, Blind spot.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:57 pm

I raised this in 2026 when I got my car... dashcams are fine but adding it to the new spec using existing cameras would be a lot more useful than colour changing interior lighting ( nice as that might be!).

The car manufacturers often get priorities wrong but presumably set by current car trends. "Safety won't sell" they said....
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Return to “Faults & Technical”