Hip pain

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
buryblue

Hip pain

Post by buryblue » Sun May 16, 2021 5:29 pm

Hi
I purchased an F pace from new back in November. For the past 8 years I have had 2 Mercedes a GLE and GLC.
A month ago I developed severe acute hip pain to the right hip.
I am otherwise fit and healthy, the only change in my life has been the car.
The pain is crippling me and keeping me awake at night.
The physio, as I do thinks it could be the car.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I’m in a 4 year PCP so likely I will have to take the financial hit and change early. I’m 6ft5 so may have to go for a larger Land Rover.
Would like to know if anyone else has had this experience.
Thanks in advance.

Peterjohn

Re: Hip pain

Post by Peterjohn » Sun May 16, 2021 10:25 pm

I have drove an fpace for 2 years now and find it very comfortable with no hip pain hope this helps.
F pace 2.0D checkered flag eiger grey

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Sun May 16, 2021 10:54 pm

Is the problem to do with sitting in the car for long periods or is it the getting in and out that is causing the problem? I had a car once where the pedals were offset which caused my hip used to hurt as my leg was effectively twisted the whole journey, but I have never had a problem with the F-Pace.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Auto AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

jimbean222

Post by jimbean222 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Hi,
Speaking as someone with long standing back pain you have my sympathies. I had a 2010 XF whose seats were in terms of comfort, just dreadful. The seats on my 66 plate F Pace S were an improvement, but I have to say the seats my 21 plate F Pace P400e are (for me) not great and worse than the 66 plate in both comfort and support.
P400e in Santorini Black. R Dynamic Black Pack. Tech Pack, Tow Bar, Red Brake Calipers, Cabin Ionisation, Park Assist, Pixel LED Headlights.

buryblue

Post by buryblue » Sun May 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi
Thanks for the replies.
I’m probably in the car 2 hours a day commuting to work.
In my opinion the accelerator pedal, perhaps is positioned a little to far to the right and my hip is therefore twisted.
Cheers

Norflandan

Post by Norflandan » Mon May 17, 2021 8:51 am

I am 6’3” and stocky and have lower back/hip pain and I have to say there is something extraordinarily uncomfortable for me about the seats. I’ve put up with it for the entirety of our PCP but it’s not great.

A colleague of mine (much slighter of build and height) has chronic back pain and he actually gave the car back after six months because the seats were so uncomfortable. I don’t know what it is - I can’t put my finger on it exactly, because I’ve certainly tried! But there’s something that really doesn’t work for me.

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 am

The seats in the Portfolio are more comfortable than my sofa at home!
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; LEDs; reclining rear seats; towbar

Catmad

Post by Catmad » Mon May 17, 2021 12:23 pm

I'm on my second Fpace having covered 55k pain free miles over 4 years on MY2017 and found it very comfortable particularly on long drives. Mind you I'm Mr Average height and build!
D200 R Dynamic S MHEV 2021

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Mon May 17, 2021 9:37 pm

Have you got the 'lumbar support' option? If not I know it can be retrofitted as they did it with mine after missing it off the options I'd ordered
This would give added support to your back and thighs so should give some support to your hips too.
R Sport 2.0d, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, interactive driver display, LED lights, 4-way lumbar, folding mirrors, heated w/screen.

pmheathcote

Post by pmheathcote » Mon May 24, 2021 12:52 pm

I am a long term sufferer of sciatica and initially found the F Pace seats very hard and indeed I was in pain for a month after I picked it up. However, having messed with all the settings I now find it very comfortable.

I am 6'3 and it was the fact that the seats were so hard, it used to make me feel bruised. Now I have the seat as high as possible and it releases all pain off my back. Can drive 3 hours with not too much issue.
Eiger Grey 3.0d V6 S, Black Pack, 22" Black Double Helix Wheels. Sliding Panoramic Roof.