Rear Brake Pad Wear

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Smitten

Re: Rear Brake Pad Wear

Post by Smitten » Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am

Wonder if torque steering is the reason rear brakes pads wear quicker than fronts? If I understand this correctly the vehicle selectively applies light braking to some wheels on cornering to improve handling.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Smitten

Re: Rear Brake Pad Wear

Post by Smitten » Fri May 22, 2020 3:59 pm

To get my terminology correct I mean Torque Vectoring by Braking (TVbB). According to Jaguar "The system is designed to apply finely-metered braking to the inner wheels to mitigate understeer during corner entry" and "the system works predominantly on the inside rear wheel to avoid any corruption of the steering feel". I would expect that depending on driving style this could wear rear brake pads quicker than front?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D