SVR with noisy brakes

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jagseven

SVR with noisy brakes

Post by Jagseven » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:06 pm

I notice that my SVR brakes are noisy at low speed - not only is there some slight brake squeal (not much but I can hear it) when coming to a stop at low speed, but there is sometimes a groaning noise, particularly when the steering is on full lock eg. when going back and forth in a car park.

I did mention it to my jagaur dealer recently but it came back with "no fault found". I got the usual "it is common for brakes to make some noise in the colder weather" blah blah.
It's not a big problem and something I can probably live with but it doesn't seem right for a premium car to have noisy brakes - the previous jaguars I have owned did not have this issue.

Anyone else noticed the same?
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Smitten

Re: SVR with noisy brakes

Post by Smitten » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Mine are quiet so far although I think there are quite a few on here with brakes that squeal. Do the disks themselves look normal or are there signs of scoring? Have just noticed my rear disks are looking scored compared to fronts and I have 18,000 on the clock from new.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:24 pm

Was your previous car an SVR?

The brakes on the SVR will be harder wearing due to the need of having uprated braking discs and pads on a car of its performance and designed not to suffer brake fade.

The downside is when very cold they can be prone to making a noise.

Having owned many high performance cars in the past this is not uncommon.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:32 pm

Previous car was an XFR and brakes were completely noise free on that - the car has done 8k miles now and discs look fine. Maybe it’s a brake design issue hence interested to know if other SVR owners have noticed the same.
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:16 pm

Don’t get me wrong the XFR is a quick car but you have not got the same weight to stop as you have with your SVR.

Would be surprised if the brakes were anywhere near the ones you have now.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 pm

Yes mine make a slight noise not all the time but very often at low speeds
I’ve heard it’s a common problem and nothing to worry about
The other day tho mine were making a grinding noise sounded like the front but it’s not happened since that may have been some grit

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:50 am

Mine have a squeak on light normal breaking. Very annoying but Jag have said my breaks are full fine and in working order so no issue. Great.
Current: F-Pace SVR :twisted:
Sold: 2018 F-Pace S 3.0D

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:44 pm

I wonder if its due to them being cold, would be interesting to hear if you have the same issue when the weather warms up a little.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”