SIM cards

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Gilesbee1

Re: SIM cards

Post by Gilesbee1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:35 am

I have an Ubugi SIM card in my vehicle that has the same issue - I get the 4G "bars" but cannot get live traffic or any internet connection...very frustrating
3.0S Carpathian Grey, 22” 1020 grey, privacy, pan roof, oyster / ebony stitch, suedecloth headliner.

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:55 am

I had a twelve month three mobile sim which has just run out. Purchased a new 24 month one from Amazon again three mobile and this also is working fine.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Gilesbee1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:35 am
I have an Ubugi SIM card in my vehicle that has the same issue - I get the 4G "bars" but cannot get live traffic or any internet connection...very frustrating
Hi are you sure your data allowance hasn't run out. I have just had exactly the same situation with my Three data sim. Everything looked fine and dandy, it should have worked but I didn't get any information from traffic or internet but all looked good. In the end I got another data sim from Three (12GB 1 year version) and just plugged it in. It immediately worked and continues to do so. Before I did this I spoke to Three technical who did a test on my original card by loading it with more data allowance and it did work. They gave me a small test amount so it quickly ran out which is when I got another.

So clearly there is no hard way of knowing its expired other than trying a different Sim, of course this may not be your issue but its worth trying
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

LondonFalcon

Post by LondonFalcon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:36 pm

I'm really sorry to post a v basic question but I'd love to get some help with what exactly you get from having a SIM in the slot in the arm rest?

I'm not interested in the in car wifi, the kids would eat the data in no time and I'd rather they used their own data allowances. I'm on ICT rather than ICTP so won't use it for internet or anything.

So from what I can see, that just leaves satnav traffic info. The satnav in the ICT does sometimes show traffic even without the SIM, but it's pretty basic. Does adding a SIM make that much difference? I'd happily pay £35 per annum for the 12GB SIM only from Three, if that means the satnav is anywhere near as good as Googlemaps in terms of traffic.
2.0d AWD Auto 180ps Portfolio in Loire Blue with Ebony Windsor Leather interior

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 pm

I have the basic ICT as well and as far as I am aware it is not linked to the Sat Nav, unlike the Pro version. I use it simply to connect phones to the internet. My wife has no data plan and I only have a small allowance and for me it's not value for money but a nice to have with a stronger signal than the phone network card.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”