ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
celtic_pt

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by celtic_pt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Before all I am sorry to crash here as I do not have a F-Pace but instead a 2016 XF.

Infotainment version was updated to version S18C_18.37.1-222737.

After the upgrade the sound is crackling in every source (FM/Media/USB/Phone calls and Bluetooth audio).

Problem was reported and is also present on a friends 2017 F-Pace with the same software version.

I wonder if anyone experienced the same issue.

Kind regards and thanks for your patience.

DjP

Post by DjP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:10 am

Celtic, I have this software but no such problems. Crackling or static is often a hardware problem; did they dislodge a speaker cable during the upgrade?

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:08 pm

celtic_pt wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:52 pm
Before all I am sorry to crash here as I do not have a F-Pace but instead a 2016 XF.

Infotainment version was updated to version S18C_18.37.1-222737.

After the upgrade the sound is crackling in every source (FM/Media/USB/Phone calls and Bluetooth audio).

Problem was reported and is also present on a friends 2017 F-Pace with the same software version.

I wonder if anyone experienced the same issue.

Kind regards and thanks for your patience.
I had the dreaded crackling from every audio source including front and rear sensors. Dealer replaced the amplifier which made no difference then replaced the head unit which eradicated the problem.
Currently running with 18c + Apple CarPlay, definitely best combination so far and I’ve had them all!...
:D :D :D

First Edition, not so ‘Unique Caesium Blue’ April 2016

ksf

Post by ksf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:57 pm

just now noticed on topix that there is new version for PATHFINDER

PFSRN_0084 - PATHFINDER Software Release - 0084.

Maybe some update is coming soon for our 18C...

Steve L

Post by Steve L » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 pm

June16 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:51 pm
Steve L wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:30 pm
June16 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:49 am

Plenty others having it installed at other dealerships, there is no “hold “ issued by JLR.
Sort of questions the dealers ability ??
Below is the response I have from Farnell Leeds

I have actively been seeking an answer with regards to the Apple Play update due to be launched by JLR with regards to your specific vehicle. As I mentioned in previous communications I was seeking advice from our regional JLR representative.
At this moment in time I have been instructed that the Apple Play app is not to be installed on vehicles. We are aware other retailers, including some Farnell braches, have already applied the update. However the feedback we have had is that the app is not yet fully functional and therefore we will not be issuing it until we have confirmation all bugs have been ironed out.
I hope you understand that we do this in the interest of our customers and not to cause frustration and upset.
At this point we do not have any official launch date and have been made aware so far it will only be applicable for the 19 model year, however they are working on software to backdate the software for previous models.
Bizarre, it certainly is fully functional , interestingly he’ says “your specific vehicle “. Maybe you have an unsupported configuration? They do run a type of test program to ascertain the vehicle is capable of being upgraded before they do it....i.e Sim in the cubby etc.

Plus if they wait for all bugs to be ironed out that will be years and years 😂😂😂...sorry that was a bit of sarcasm.
Car went in for service, ICTP update done and despite what I was told before, now has CarPlay installed. So far all working ok.
F Pace 3.0 S V6 380PS Supercharged Petrol, Loire Blue, nearly all extras except 360 camera, HUD & sunroof.

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am

Car went in for service, ICTP update done and despite what I was told before, now has CarPlay installed. So far all working ok.
Good news !
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Selwood

Post by Selwood » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Has anyone had problems updating maps since 18c? I have updated many times in the past but have tried with different USB's since 18c and the system does not go into update mode or even recognise that updated maps are on the USB. So unless the procedure has changed it seems to be a fault?

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Selwood wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Has anyone had problems updating maps since 18c? I have updated many times in the past but have tried with different USB's since 18c and the system does not go into update mode or even recognise that updated maps are on the USB. So unless the procedure has changed it seems to be a fault?
Mine updated ok after 18c
I just press nav then insert usb
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Noticed an annoying issue today.
Started car
Took steering lock of ...gives ICTP time to start...
Connected iPhone
Hit the cross on the box so not to select car play or apps
Using voice to select an artist by “play rod Stewart “ it says “Rod Stewart “ please wait synchronising “ then does nothing.🤬

Not had this issue before , it recognises the speach but won’t play it .

I’m on IPhone

This worked perfectly until today , nothing changed except setting up a personal home screen.

RockhopperJ

Post by RockhopperJ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 pm

I've got ICTP 18C on my F-Pace Delivered yesterday but no ACP or AA, just ICTP... Is there another patch required, do I have to have this done at the dealer (and is it chargeable?) or can I download it and install it myself. The Infortainment says there is no Update available when I ask it to check?

I can't add the vehicle to my account as its claims to be already registered to another user for the Jaguar Remote App - suspect the dealer needs to click a link somewhere to let me add it?

Also, the data SIM is missing - I though all MY19 cars came with a free 500MB per months SIM?
25t - R-Sport, Caesium Blue, Black/Red 18-Way, Meridian, Interactive Dash, LED headlamps, Power/Fold mirrors, Privacy Glass, Mud Flaps - Born 18/11/18 - Delivered 8/12/18

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”