ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jim

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Jim » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Do the MY19 cars in the UK with ICTP still have the Twin USB ports + HDMI + sim card configuration or has the HDMI port been dropped?
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

MRB

Post by MRB » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Jim wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:50 pm
Do the MY19 cars in the UK with ICTP still have the Twin USB ports + HDMI + sim card configuration or has the HDMI port been dropped?
NO different markets have different configurations hence the list.

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:52 pm

Jim wrote:
Jim,

My MY19 has twin USB ports + SIM card but has zero HDMI port.

Regards,

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm

Anyone with 18C found that the ambient lighting no longer remembers what you set it at and keeps going back to the default blue?

Jim

Post by Jim » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Thanks Jock55, my MY17 car has the HDMI port along with the USB ports and SIM slot, though I have never used it.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:02 pm

Jim wrote:
HDMI was dropped on Fpace and Velar for MY19 in UK unless you option it.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jim

Post by Jim » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:07 pm

I've never really understood what the HDMI port was there for, I would assume if you were sending video into it as soon as you selected a gear to pull away the screen would presumably blank to prevent the driver from being distracted.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:11 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm
Anyone with 18C found that the ambient lighting no longer remembers what you set it at and keeps going back to the default blue?
Clearly not.

There are other little quirks that 18c adds, mainly memory loss on many settings, but you either have them or not and it has screwed my AHBA. Roll on 18D

To answer another question of mine, no, you don't need a sim card for car play to work, but if you connect an ipod touch or iphone without one then you lose your phone connectivity if you are using another phone via Bluetooth.

I found album art fine on carplay and it is quite useful, but not a solution to my problems.

An honour and a privilege? Thanks for the fish.

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:12 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:11 pm
corriescar66 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm
Clearly not.

There are other little quirks that 18c adds, mainly memory loss on many settings, but you either have them or not and it has screwed my AHBA. Roll on 18D

To answer another question of mine, no, you don't need a sim card for car play to work, but if you connect an ipod touch or iphone without one then you lose your phone connectivity if you are using another phone via Bluetooth.

I found album art fine on carplay and it is quite useful, but not a solution to my problems.

An honour and a privilege? Thanks for the fish.
Strange how cars differ, I don’t have the configurable ambient so can’t check that. AHBA works fine past two nights.
My trusty iPhone 5 I leave in the car works great, usb is ok and ripped CDs are fine..
Can’t you select your phone as a Bluetooth connection and the iPod as the music connection? I.designate them in the system? Just a thought.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:43 am

Odd things that have changed for me having had 18C and Car play;
Loading new maps 157 today, I noticed that the music playing from media , pops and skips every 10 -20 seconds . At first I thought oh no 🤦‍♀️ music was fine before. So I let the map update Finnish took the usb out and the above dissapeared. So there must be a connection I guess between updating maps and the internal storage for the media. I only have 2 CD ripped to media and it did this no matter which album I selected.

I changed to Source Radio and the pips in the music went away.
Not an issue really but just to advise others .

2. Prior to 18C I was on 17C , when I changed album ( in media library) on the centre console ICTP screen the current track playing on the main dashboard circle on the left changed instantly .
Today however changing album , started playing the new album ok and looked OK on ICTP, but left the old album information on the dashboard, even if I advanced or changed tracks.
The cure for this is on ICTP change source to radio then change source to ICTP. Then dash circle caught up with the correct info.

Neither are major but a couple of quirks.

One to be aware of. I know when they do updates they copy out your settings in some way so that these are not lost . However the past couple of updates 17c and 18c it seems to get most settings correct but it resets some to default . I.e my single door entry was ok but it missed the speed warning you can set for being 5pmh over TSR limit. If like me you rely on this you might find your sailing through the local village way over the speed limit. In my case it wouldn’t remember me setting the 5mph I had before.

I wonder if this is connected to some of the missing or memory issues some folks have noticed. I went right through all my settings and made sure they were correct, changing some and then changing back to make sure the change was registered in its brain , locked the car came back and they were all there.

So for those with ambient lighting :
If you liked green ( which you had previously ) and it consistently shows blue try setting red locking the car then going back and selecting green. It might just be like updating iTunes songs where you have to make a forced change when it doesn’t recognise a change (add a dot , save , remove dot , save) .
Worth a try anyway it sorted my ASR speed warning out.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”