Oil level check on 3.0 V6 diesel with full digital display

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
catwoman

Re: Oil level check on 3.0 V6 diesel with full digital displ

Post by catwoman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Waynem wrote:yoda ....use the force :o :shock: :? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: . . . . hmmm, funny, this one is . . the humour is strong in him, yes . . :mrgreen:
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:11 pm

yoda wrote:Give me a dipstick any day, a direct reading of oil level is better and more reliable than an electronic one. I can't believe the cost of supplying a dipstick would be prohibitive and unless I am very much mistaken, you have to open the bonnet to top up with oil!
Isn't automated oil top up going to be a future ICTP function?

Ducks and runs out of range :D
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:15 pm

I've never added any oil to any car between services since about 1998 so I hope I don't have to start!
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:52 pm

If you need to add oil I would be asking and wondering where it is going.

That's as said what services are for, replacing and adding fresh oil.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

powerso

Re: Oil level check on 3.0 V6 diesel with full digital display

Post by powerso » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm

no diesel in my 35t, it is petrol. no dip stick, no data in settings anywhere. how do I find the oil level? how can a "performance SUV" not have engine data?

Jim

Re: Oil level check on 3.0 V6 diesel with full digital display

Post by Jim » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 pm

It does have engine data.

Power up the car but don't start the engine, press the start button but do not put your foot on the brake pedal.

Once the car has powered up press the menu button on the steering wheel and scroll through until you find the vehicle information option, check tyre pressures, oil level, etc.

If the engine is running you will not see the vehicle information option. If the engine has not been off for more than 10 minutes you will not get an oil reading.

This is all in the handbook and a search of this forum would have provided the answer.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Return to “Faults & Technical”