ICTP Woes

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Wookiee

Re: ICTP Woes

Post by Wookiee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:21 pm

You can do a device search from the car, so when (if) your phone appears in the search results, you connect from the ICTP rather than your phone. Just need to make sure that your phone is discoverable first.
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Wookiee wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:21 pm
You can do a device search from the car, so when (if) your phone appears in the search results, you connect from the ICTP rather than your phone. Just need to make sure that your phone is discoverable first.
Thanks Wookie, but this wasn't my experience with U3. Maybe an issue with the pairing that I experienced but all I could do in ICTP was to say the car was discoverable and then connect from the phone. Are you using U3?
DjP

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:43 pm

DjP wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:38 pm
Thanks Wookie, but this wasn't my experience with U3. Maybe an issue with the pairing that I experienced but all I could do in ICTP was to say the car was discoverable and then connect from the phone. Are you using U3?
DjP

No, they haven't broken my ICTP with that update yet. :) So it sounds like they've removed two-way pairing - not the best idea...
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Wookiee wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:43 pm

No, they haven't broken my ICTP with that update yet. :) So it sounds like they've removed two-way pairing - not the best idea...
Yup the update is called "neither way" pairing ;)

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:51 pm

DjP wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 pm
Wookiee wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Yup the update is called "neither way" pairing ;)

That's progress!

musher

Post by musher » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Sorry only just seen your post. Had version 3 uploaded on Friday and everything seems perfect. Have all the new icons on the screen and can now even use the texting functionality without any snags whatsoever. Sorry to have to report but have no trouble in pairing up my iPhone 6+ with the ISO 11.3 update on it either!
Now arrived 2.0d Portfolio auto, Caesium Blue, light oyster interior, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, configurable mood lighting, 4 way lumber support, ICTP, reclining and remote release rear seats, and air quality sensor.

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:28 pm

musher wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm
Sorry only just seen your post. Had version 3 uploaded on Friday and everything seems perfect. Have all the new icons on the screen and can now even use the texting functionality without any snags whatsoever. Sorry to have to report but have no trouble in pairing up my iPhone 6+ with the ISO 11.3 update on it either!
I'm pleased you're working and gives me hope that they'll fix mine as I have a similar setup - ICTP v3 and iPhone 6 running iOS 11.0.1. Is your iOS version a typo or are you running a beta of a future release of iOS 11?
DjP

musher

Post by musher » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 pm

It's another ISO update from apple. It was a typo it should have read 11.0.2
Now arrived 2.0d Portfolio auto, Caesium Blue, light oyster interior, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, configurable mood lighting, 4 way lumber support, ICTP, reclining and remote release rear seats, and air quality sensor.

DjP

Post by DjP » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:06 am

Update Three: dealership is still trying to fix the issue of a phone not pairing via BT. They are unsure if they can reapply update 3 or will have to go to 2.5 and then back to 3.0. They will likely have to get JLR live assistance to make it work, so anticipating a multi-day process.

Not sure if they're just being cautious and not sharing much with me, but they seem genuinely unsure about this issue as if they've never seen it before. That can either be really good news (most cars are working fine) or really bad news (this is a rare case and will require some atom-splitting ingenuity to fix it). At this point I think the dealership has had the car in their possession for fixes longer than I have had it to drive...

DjP

Post by DjP » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Update Four: dealership reports that phones are now magically able to pair and reliably, so everything is fixed! Obviously they've not done anything since applying v3. I will head along tomorrow and see if things are still pairing as well as they are today... Fingers crossed!
DjP

Return to “Faults & Technical”