Post pictures of your F-Pace here
Smitten

Re: It's arrived...

Post by Smitten » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:00 pm
Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:50 pm
Sorry, but anyone who thinks Bi- Xenons are brighter and better than LEDs should get themselves to a Jaguar dealer tout suite, as their LEDs are clearly defective. They're light (pun intended) years ahead of Bi-Xenons.

By the way - If you're into buying a £60k car, but want it to feel like a £20k car, by all means use ECO mode :mrgreen:
My advice - avoid it like the plague! :lol:
Well, with the S/C I'm not sure it does that......... - £25k, surely?!

Dynamic is a bit too aggressive for queuing in town, so I use ECO & switch as soon as I hit the open road. But it's not exactly a snail even in ECO.

Now, if only it ate as little lettuce as the 3.0D.... :mrgreen:
I am averaging 30mpg so far mix of motorway and town but obviously not being heavy footed...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:18 am

Smitten wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 pm
corriescar66 wrote:
Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:50 pm
Sorry, but anyone who thinks Bi- Xenons are brighter and better than LEDs should get themselves to a Jaguar dealer tout suite, as their LEDs are clearly defective. They're light (pun intended) years ahead of Bi-Xenons.

By the way - If you're into buying a £60k car, but want it to feel like a £20k car, by all means use ECO mode :mrgreen:
My advice - avoid it like the plague! :lol:

Dynamic is a bit too aggressive for queuing in town, so I use ECO & switch as soon as I hit the open road. But it's not exactly a snail even in ECO.

I am averaging 30mpg so far mix of motorway and town but obviously not being heavy footed...
That should get better as the engine loosens up... Even if you only get 35 mpg as a tank average, it will trounce my 25mpg!

Ah, the price to play for that glorious soundtrack!! 8-)
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:44 am

corriescar66 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:18 am
Smitten wrote:
corriescar66 wrote:

That should get better as the engine loosens up... Even if you only get 35 mpg as a tank average, it will trounce my 25mpg!

I must admit I love the sound of the supercharged 3.0 but love the frugality of the diesel and smooth, quiet progress more. IMO is seems to suit the F Pace more but its all personal choice
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:47 am

Smitten wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:44 am
corriescar66 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:18 am
Smitten wrote:

I must admit I love the sound of the supercharged 3.0 but love the frugality of the diesel and smooth, quiet progress more. IMO is seems to suit the F Pace more but its all personal choice
What you should hopefully be experiencing is the complete lack of 'lag' when pulling away -unlike both the 2.0 & 3.0 diesels. Many attribute this to the gearbox/starting in second gear etc, but more power & supercharger (as opposed to turbos) is one of the many additional joys of this engine.

It is such a shame they are dropping it. There was recently a supply issue which caused orders to be subject to long lead time, but I suspect it's fuel consumption/emissions is a big factor now too. Apparently there is a spike in the price for second hand diesels generally, particularly pre April 2017 models, but petrol it is for me....
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

DjP

Post by DjP » Tue May 01, 2018 11:17 am

+1 for 3.0 petrol v6.
It's a really remarkable experience in a car that size. If you want "hang on to your seats" thrills put it in Dynamic and S; if you want to cruise a bit put it in Eco. For sure, it burns through petrol like nobodies business, but it's really, really good! After six-ish months of running in I couldn't be happier.

Return to “Members Gallery”