Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
No, sorry, even if the low centre of gravity makes it a more thrilling drive, it just won't have the same commanding road presence and visual appeal of the F-Pace which, for me, stands out from the crowd . . there's really no contest :cool:

( . . very much hoping this can be a more mature forum, going forward, it got really really tiresome to observe over the weekend! :shock: :roll: )

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Right now no I wouldn't be as just got this car but it's certainly an option so would t jump from one new car to another with the money lost in between.
It certainly fixes the comfort problem and the unique issues I've found with the F PAce and it's calculations for the suspension. I see they are doing the V6 which is interesting and maybe an SVR which is very interesting.
Good to see the haven't canned it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm considering..... we have one already and was going to replace with the F Pace in 2017, but may wait to say how the new Sportbrake is. By that time hopefully there will be some incentives to buy the F Pace :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Anyone contemplating a Jaguar Sportbrake should buy a Peugeot 508 Brake instead they are just about identical in appearance and cost half the price. I've never seen anyone breaking their neck to catch a look at either of them though, for Jag owners that's all part of the purchase. I'm not the best looking bloke in the world but I do like people staring at me.......................or the Jag.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have just come from the current Sportbrake, which was a really good car (looks nothing like a 508 to my eyes, and certainly drives a whole lot better and the cabin much nicer to be in!)

Would I switch back? Possibly, once I've got the try an SUV out of my system. From my experience so far, whilst boot capacities are similar, the F Pace space seems more usable - on a recent family holiday I just chucked everything in the F Pace and it seemed to fit, whereas with the Sportbrake it always took a bit of juggling around to make the most of available space.

The Sportbrake was a very long car, but a fair bit narrower than the Fpace - so depends in which orientation you prefer your parking problems!

·
Registered
441 Posts
After having 2 Sportbrakes I am very seriously considering the new model if I am successful in rejecting my F Pace.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Mrs Cat had a IRR 200 R-sport...sport-brake before her RRE, she has been so fed up with it lately .... Booked into garage again on Friday for the sixth time to have brakes sorted :evil: that she is considering her options... Which will now probably include new XF sport-brake. The others up for a look are are a F pace which will probably only happen if a new Colour she really likes (casium blue or another wow colour) is released... However the F type is being launched next year with a facelift and in a 2 litre petrol and poss diesel variants so have been trying to convince her she really needs that, ( so I can clean it for her at weekends :roll: ) what a kind husband :? I know she now prefers the raised driving position... so think I have an uphill battle for all options.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jags cat said:
However the F type is being launched next year with a facelift and in a 2 litre petrol and poss diesel variants so have been trying to convince her she really needs that, I know she now prefers the raised driving position... .
In which case she should buy an F type with a higher driving position ... now if only Jaguar made that .. it would sell like hot cakes .. and SUV variant of the F Type .. they could call it an F P .... wait a minute! :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, those of us discriminating Yanks do prefer the Sportbrake/Estate/Avant models to anybody's SUV, with corresponding high CG and higher risk of rollover at limits. For those who wonder if the XF Sportbrake will be offered in the U.S., go to the following link: http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-jaguar-xf-sportbrake-wagon-coming-u-s/#2015-jaguar-xfr-s-sportbrake-profile-motion-1 Info comes straight from the head of Jaguar North America, Mr. Joe Eberhardt. Nice to know Brits are willing to share their opinions, catwoman notwithstanding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.