Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read with interest and horror all the posts about delivery dates and getting a firm order placed - thanks to all of those.

I have been pondering whether to pay the money and upgrade the sat nav - i could have missed it, but cannot see a post on it.

For those who have the upgrade (and it works), do you think it worth the extra money ?

I have slightly lost track of the prices / changes made and know it will cost me more than it would have a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Odd you can only enter part of the post code and not in full like I was able to do with the RRS.

As to whether it's worth it or not greatly depends on whether you are and audiophile or not, if you are then there's a world of difference between the basic system and the Meridian one and almost a similar difference between the basic Meridian 380w system and the full fat 825w one. Many moons ago I owned a car audio shop installing some of the top end stuff from both Japan and America and designs systems for customers wanting to enter competitions so I class myself knowledgeable in what makes for a good sound system.... IMO the 825w system in the F-Pace fulfills that brief.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
To be honest I like the upgrade, my system appears more stable than most but I don't use it on most of my journeys. Certainly no blank screens etc. I like the features I just haven't had the brain capacity to play with them all yet, its likely this will take me years !

Apparently voice control is downgraded when you upgrade the system but I've never had that so I don't miss it. I like the touch screen and wide format screen, though I'm envious of the way Volvo have put the screen in portrait orientation as I think that could be a good layout for all cars to enable maps and other info to share screen space at different heights!

But its not cheap!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well is going to cost you £1200 or £1700 depending on which model of FP you choose. Reading articles on this forum, you will notice that a lot of problems revolve around the In control pro system. So pay extra for something that is substandard ??. Not to mention the fact that the additional cost to Jag will be no more that £200, it's surely a no brainer. Having said that I would have still ordered the in control pro were it not for the continuing problems that Jaguar have no answer to.

·
Registered
458 Posts
AlSnr said:
Well is going to cost you £1200 or £1700 depending on which model of FP you choose. Reading articles on this forum, you will notice that a lot of problems revolve around the In control pro system. So pay extra for something that is substandard ??. Not to mention the fact that the additional cost to Jag will be no more that £200, it's surely a no brainer. Having said that I would have still ordered the in control pro were it not for the continuing problems that Jaguar have no answer to.
What you say is almost entirely correct, but, the issues are 99.99% certainly down to software which will be resolved. Once that is done you have the hardware that will also allow future upgrades and flexibility over the base system.
Given that most people will probably plan to keep the car for 3-4 years? that gives time for new toys which will likely only be developed for the newer in-house developed platform. The digital dash is also significant factor - it's pretty good and that with the main screen probably increases your £200 cost increase estimate somewhat.
I have a system very similar to the standard one in the F Type and I find it slow and clunky, and to be honest it was the tech upgrade that pushed me to the FP instead of an RRS, couldn't live with that tech that we have in the F Type (but as it's my wife's F Type she isn't interested, just loved the look of the car)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The standard ICT is fine enough if you just want a reasonable satnav and you aren't bothered will bells and whistles, and you don't want the TFT instrument panel or a DSP sound system.

The ICTP has the potential to be class leading in terms of functionality and performance. However it seems fundamentally flawed right now. How quickly JLR find a fix will determine whether it's worth the money or not.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm currently in France and the ICTP has been fantastic.

The sat nav with data is amazing, live updates work perfectly with the Three SIM card (roaming works 100%).

The digital dash with the map makes for stress free driving, so does the heads up display.

So, if you can push the boat out, I'd 100% recommend it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Love my digital dash... It justifies the upgrade on its own!
+1

ITCP 900 miles two weeks no issues, apart from user error :oops: meridian 825 awesome, Sat Nav great now I have turned traffic updates on...

Only issue is sport gearbox selection plus paddles, plus dynamic equals big grin, sub 20 mpg and I suspect sub 15k on the rear 22's but heck that was the point :D :D : :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i've had my F Pace with Incontrol Touch Pro for about 4 weeks and really struggled with the Sat Nav. Can't seem to get any Traffic information on it at all which can't be right - how are you supposed to turn it on? Even the dealer didn't know!.
Also can't get it to stick with the map facing north all the time if I want it to so it's constantly spinning round?
And can't get it to move a destination on the map manually to get it precise having to rely on the systems interpretation of where a postcode is which is often a large area.
All these were simple on my old XF. Is there a proper manual for it somewhere? I've not tried to use anything more complex on it until I can master the basics and it's doing my head in! Please help..........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

·
Registered
142 Posts
poolsey66 said:
i've had my F Pace with Incontrol Touch Pro for about 4 weeks and really struggled with the Sat Nav. Can't seem to get any Traffic information on it at all which can't be right - how are you supposed to turn it on? Even the dealer didn't know!.
Also can't get it to stick with the map facing north all the time if I want it to so it's constantly spinning round?
And can't get it to move a destination on the map manually to get it precise having to rely on the systems interpretation of where a postcode is which is often a large area.
All these were simple on my old XF. Is there a proper manual for it somewhere? I've not tried to use anything more complex on it until I can master the basics and it's doing my head in! Please help..........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!
Your dealer should give you a proper handover and explain everything. Although I have had cause to complain about my dealer for lack of communication they are delivering my car on 1st Sept as requested when I ordered back in Oct 15 and the handover is in 4 parts.
1. Two days before handover go and complete all the boring paperwork and a very brief look over the car, so it doesn't delay things on the day.
2. On the day a comprehensive but not long handover
3. Also on the day a very brief introduction to the ITP by their in house tech expert
4. Go and play and book at your convenience (if you need it) a full induction to the ITP with their in house expert. For me this is excellent, as I can book this anytime I like, so hopefully I will have learnt most things and can just question the 'expert' on the things I don't understand.

Back to the original post, the look and extra features of the ITP is well worth the money and makes the car. The gremlins will be sorted.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Do the upgrade!!! ICTP is the biggest pile of crap as it stands and I seem to have suffered, if not the most due to my stupid list of options, close to the most.....everyday something goes wrong!!! So I am going to be a thorn in JLR's side until they sort it!!! Once it's sorted though......FABULOUS!!! What it can offer is great! The sweeping, zooming, functionality and digital dash will be great!!! So stick with it, keep a log of issues get your dealer to do software updates when available but reserve the right to reject the car as it sold to us by JLR with KNOWN issues. I work hard for my money, OK!!! Work....but I have given 100% reliable cash in exchange for a 100% reliable product. Currently my FP with ICTP falls short of the mark. If you have one or two issues they may argue that is reasonable........I have a list of over 10 regular problems I am suffering, driver AIDS which fail risking damage to my car, me personally, or my licence! So order it, but take control of JLR!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
poolsey66 said:
I also would like to know if its possible to have the sat nav set to facing North as I liked this option on my previous car but as much as I looked I could not find this option on the Fpace.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yes does North or actual direction. I liked my split screen in the Evoque, one half showed North and you could zoom in and out on that to get overall journey image, and the other half was direction of travel which again you could zoom in/ out on. Sadly this is not on the FP, sometimes progress is not always improved on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
poolsey66 said:
Follow the link below which explains how to set everything up. Once your accounts are setup just check you have the latest maps installed and make sure you sign into your live services account when the sat nav starts up. Had similar problem but updated the maps and followed all the steps below. Works perfect.

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/connectivity/pro-services-setup.html

·
Registered
142 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Do the upgrade!!! ICTP is the biggest pile of crap as it stands and I seem to have suffered, if not the most due to my stupid list of options, close to the most.....everyday something goes wrong!!! So I am going to be a thorn in JLR's side until they sort it!!! Once it's sorted though......FABULOUS!!! What it can offer is great! The sweeping, zooming, functionality and digital dash will be great!!! So stick with it, keep a log of issues get your dealer to do software updates when available but reserve the right to reject the car as it sold to us by JLR with KNOWN issues. I work hard for my money, OK!!! Work....but I have given 100% reliable cash in exchange for a 100% reliable product. Currently my FP with ICTP falls short of the mark. If you have one or two issues they may argue that is reasonable........I have a list of over 10 regular problems I am suffering, driver AIDS which fail risking damage to my car, me personally, or my licence! So order it, but take control of JLR!!!
Feel for you and hope they get it sorted, out of all the forum members you seem to have the most problems which may or may not be due to your options list. Sure I read somewhere that the Jag ICTP will be in all future RR? They will get it sorted just maybe not soon enough.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since I got my ICTP software upgraded last week it has been flawless, just works!

Note: I'm not using cd's, only Spotify to play my music

1 - 20 of 25 Posts