Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have previously posted that I ordered my FP from h a fox Nottingham who recently changed to Stratstone Nottingham.
Having ordered in March I was given a delivery date of Sept but received a fone call from the dealer in June telling me that I could expect delivery in July now. I have heard nothing since and have called on numerous occasions and was told that salesmen were not in today or busy but would definitely ring me back . This has still not happened. I am in the process of constructing a complaint to the general manager with a copy to JLR MD- unbeleivable poor service - I'm only spending£45 k and they have had a grand deposit since March - I may even cancel and wait for the new xf sportbtprake or go for a Volvo v90 . If I go for the Xf I won't be placing my order with Nottingham.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The General Manager ,Dominic came from Stratsone in Derby with the unecessary change from H A FOX brought about by Jaguar's future sales policy to combine showrooms with Land Rover.So the change for the worst I fear has come with him.I also ordered my FP with H A Fox but I collected it last Monday from Stratstone and I was not impressed with the attitude of Dominic the new General manager.They offered me an insulting price for my 2015 XF Sportbrake Portfolio with 16K on the clock so I was ready to walk out and forget the FP. Dominic then gave me a patronising talk on why he could not arrive at a sensible price and how much he could make on my XF when put on sale.No discount was offered on the FP so I was prepared to walk out until eventually they upped the trade in by £1700 and I reluctantly went ahead with the deal.I cannot complain at the service from Barry Brown in handing over the FP but if I order another Jaguar in the future it will be with H A Fox Derby where some of the old Nottingham sales team are now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too will be trading in a Sportbrake with 20k miles on that is immaculate- if they try to shaft me I will walk from the deal - they just don't get that if they want your future business a deal has to be win/win. I tried one last time today to get a response - no one again was available so I asked for the general manager to lodge a complaint- he was unavailable!!
Christine the receptionist took all my details and wrote a script to give to the general manager - he still has not had the decency to call me back today.
If any sales staff had not called a customer back in the company I work for they would be looking for another job.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If they are treating you like that before they have your money god help you after they have it. Believe me you will be back to get your FP fixed for one fault or another.

Considering they did so much testing in the desert and snow and ice I can't believe no one heard the creaking suspension, they must have because I'm sure the InControl Pro system would have failed at some point.

And now it appears they have routed the starter motor cable incorrectly which I'm sure will cause a lengthy wait to get fixed.

Glad I'm out of it, will not make the mistake again of buying a 'new model' from JLR

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
pacmeoff said:
If they are treating you like that before they have your money god help you after they have it. Believe me you will be back to get your FP fixed for one fault or another.

Considering they did so much testing in the desert and snow and ice I can't believe no one heard the creaking suspension, they must have because I'm sure the InControl Pro system would have failed at some point.

And now it appears they have routed the starter motor cable incorrectly which I'm sure will cause a lengthy wait to get fixed.

Glad I'm out of it, will not make the mistake again of buying a 'new model' from JLR
Must say my local dealer is taking my first edition in a week Monday to sort my starter cable and a few other issues, they say the recall for the start motor cable is on the system so anyone with a 3 litre diesel should be contacting there dealer and getting the fix done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
pacmeoff said:

Must say my local dealer is taking my first edition in a week Monday to sort my starter cable and a few other issues, they say the recall for the start motor cable is on the system so anyone with a 3 litre diesel should be contacting there dealer and getting the fix done.
I would of thought the dealers would be contacting the owners and not the other way round? has anyone had a dealer call them and advise them of the recall?

·
Registered
458 Posts
IIRC it was a 'voluntary' recall - that looks better for them as all cars have them to whatever degree, but if they said it was a mandatory fix then the resulting publicity would be higher profile and more embarassing - as it is they will quietly chip away at the cars out there at every opportunity and hope nobody notices!

Oh..... and nobody gets toasted!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Golf2016 said:
I too will be trading in a Sportbrake with 20k miles on that is immaculate- if they try to shaft me I will walk from the deal - they just don't get that if they want your future business a deal has to be win/win. I tried one last time today to get a response - no one again was available so I asked for the general manager to lodge a complaint- he was unavailable!!
Christine the receptionist took all my details and wrote a script to give to the general manager - he still has not had the decency to call me back today.
If any sales staff had not called a customer back in the company I work for they would be looking for another job.
Hello, I signed up to this forum after finding this thread on google when I was looking for reviews about Jaguar HA Fox in Nottingham. I have had similar experiences and totally agree with the guy who said you would lose your job for not returning phone calls.

Their customer service is quite frankly appalling. I found threads and reviews from other sites stating the same.

They NEVER returns phone calls. I must have had atleast 5 different times I've needed some sort of servicing or repair and each time they say they will ring back, they never do.

Christine the receptionist has put the phone down on me when I rang once and I stayed persistent and kept ringing until she picked up. Her attitude literally stinks, she speaks with no manners and promises call backs from staff that never materialise. Simon at service desk is hit and miss, when my car is serviced, he does get the job done, but also never returns calls. When I've asked Christine why I didn't get a call back, all I get is excuses and no apology.

I am going to write a formal complaint to their HQ, I honestly believe they either need training, or something serious is up at that branch with management and the staff are disgruntled. Not returning phone calls is pretty much one of the worst things you can do in customer services. Its incredibly poor for a brand that prides itself as luxury, I can walk into BMW and Merc and they will treat you like kings compared to this place.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Is there another Jaguar dealer close to you as you do not have to take the car back to them for servicing and recalls ect. Maybe an option.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good afternoon all,

I am sorry to learn of the comments surrounding some experiences that have taken place.

Please be assured that I am available to discuss any concerns that you may have via PM, and assist with any queries you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss anything further.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have to agree Customer Service is appalling and its endemic.
Filled in form to get access to Online Service Manual about 3 weeks ago and nothing - No response. No access. Nothing .

But cant say Amelia is much better I have PM'd her last Friday regarding getting access to Online Service Manuals and surprise surprise a response immediately asking for more info which I duly gave on Friday and repeated again on Tues and guess what No response.

It beggars belief

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
The General Manager ,Dominic came from Stratsone in Derby with the unecessary change from H A FOX brought about by Jaguar's future sales policy to combine showrooms with Land Rover.So the change for the worst I fear has come with him.I also ordered my FP with H A Fox but I collected it last Monday from Stratstone and I was not impressed with the attitude of Dominic the new General manager.They offered me an insulting price for my 2015 XF Sportbrake Portfolio with 16K on the clock so I was ready to walk out and forget the FP. Dominic then gave me a patronising talk on why he could not arrive at a sensible price and how much he could make on my XF when put on sale.No discount was offered on the FP so I was prepared to walk out until eventually they upped the trade in by £1700 and I reluctantly went ahead with the deal.I cannot complain at the service from Barry Brown in handing over the FP but if I order another Jaguar in the future it will be with H A Fox Derby where some of the old Nottingham sales team are now.
Ordered a 3.0S FPace diesel in August with original delivery date of jan 17, got contacted by them on 15th December to say it was available on 23rd but unfortunately was unable to collect so arranged for first availability in new year, am now dealing with the third person since ordering and have t got a clue what's going on, waiting for a call back today which I'm not holding my hopes up to either. Dealership is an abosulute joke even with spending 55k+ they still don't seem to care or maybe don't have the aptitude to do a job correctly, if they want to pursue a carerer in sales I suggest working in a supermarket!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sneakybill said:
Hydrajaws said:
Ordered a 3.0S FPace diesel in August with original delivery date of jan 17, got contacted by them on 15th December to say it was available on 23rd but unfortunately was unable to collect so arranged for first availability in new year, am now dealing with the third person since ordering and have t got a clue what's going on, waiting for a call back today which I'm not holding my hopes up to either. Dealership is an abosulute joke even with spending 55k+ they still don't seem to care or maybe don't have the aptitude to do a job correctly, if they want to pursue a carerer in sales I suggest working in a supermarket!
Good afternoon Sneakybill,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of your comments surrounding your new vehicle order. This is not what we would expect when arranging to take delivery of your new F-PACE.

Should there be anything I can assist you further with, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM where I will be happy to help you.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd get out while you can! Having had Jag customer service involved many times now I can only say its shocking customer service. I have rejected my vehicle which is at the dealers as they can't fix it as its an unknown issue. Financial Ombudsman are now involved and I've heard nothing from JLR, JLR Financial and zilch off the dealer. Jump ship now while you can!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am pleased that C S jaguar seem to be monitoring things on the forum...to a degree, but why can we not just be told the truth about what the hell is going wrong on some of these vehicles!! I understand about corporate image and release of sensitive material.... the list goes on.... but we are not stupid people. Problems happen when you are building a complex piece of equipment with 1000's of parts but this still seems to be an issue a year on and NO expliination given of why and what date all the current software and hardware problems will be addressed by.
How would Jaguar like us all to say..." yes I will buy one of those cars from you.... erm...not sure when exactly... :? err or what spec ,...colour.... err just go and spend a few million on getting some built, and I will get back to you.... at some point..., probably.... well maybe!!"

That is what these people are being asked to put with and that is what is not acceptable. I mean no offenece Amilliea..... I am just angry at that idiot / muppets above you that are quite literally pulling your strings and not the other way around!
Time for a break before I get banned I think!!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Jags cat said:
I am pleased that C S jaguar seem to be monitoring things on the forum...to a degree, but why can we not just be told the truth about what the hell is going wrong on some of these vehicles!! I understand about corporate image and release of sensitive material.... the list goes on.... but we are not stupid people. Problems happen when you are building a complex piece of equipment with 1000's of parts but this still seems to be an issue a year on and NO expliination given of why and what date all the current software and hardware problems will be addressed by.
How would Jaguar like us all to say..." yes I will buy one of those cars from you.... erm...not sure when exactly... :? err or what spec ,...colour.... err just go and spend a few million on getting some built, and I will get back to you.... at some point..., probably.... well maybe!!"

That is what these people are being asked to put with and that is what is not acceptable. I mean no offenece Amilliea..... I am just angry at that idiot / muppets above you that are quite literally pulling your strings and not the other way around!
Time for a break before I get banned I think!!
I am pleased that C S jaguar seem to be monitoring things on the forum...to a degree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
But bugger all is getting done though JagsCat, they are still churning same crap out expecting customers to swallow it whilst they spin everybody the same old yarn. There are more and more mechanical faults appearing one thing I didn't actually suffer ironically.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts