Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to cancel my F-pace order!

I had a deposit down from Sep last year. I had fully specced a diesel S with pretty much every option with the exception of adaptive cruise. I even added the deployable sidesteps. Total cost was coming out at £72,500 in the end.

Last week I visited a different Jag dealer and saw the XJL Autobiography with adaptive cruise and jag secure as extra options with a total list of £81,750. Having spoken to the dealer I found out that there was a standard allowance of £11,500 off the car and managed to get a further £4500 off bringing the total to £67,000 including gap insurance and sureguard treatment!

When I looked at the deal available on the XJL compared to the non deal on the F-Pace there was simply no comparison so I have decided to cancel the F Pace and buy the XJL which I will collect in May! For anyone still not sure take a look at the XJ and the huge discounts available. Remarkable for a brand new face lifted car!

I really like the F Pace but always thought the interior was a bit basic - there is no comparison with the interior of the XJL Autobiography.

I know the 2 cars are for different markets and am sure if I had have bought one I would have loved it as I am sure all you lucky buyers will - eventually!

At least as I am sticking with Jag I dont feel like a traitor!

One word of disappointment is the total lack of product knowledge shown by my dealer. None of them have seen the F Pace yet and have simply not bothered to read up on it. I have told them more about it than they have me. Shocking lack of interest. They are relying on the wave of interest shown by Jag enthusiasts to sell the car.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy your much anticipated F Paces. I know I will enjoy mine!
All the Best
HABxxx

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm sure you'll be happy with your decision: though the F-Pace and XJL are poles apart I can see how the discount helped! :)

But for me there are no other Jags that I would choose so I'm happy to play the waiting game...

·
Registered
922 Posts
How dissapointed you must feel. The sad truth is this is a familiar story to a lot of people on the forum and beyond no doubt. I have at points considered my order as well over these and other issues, however Jagaur are really not bothered with the likes of us it would seem, dispite Our pleas of a redress from any senior jag representative. I am still stunned as to why they cannot give a date to the FE owners as to when and where they are collecting the first 250 vehicles!! Yet can pull stunts like the video that was posted on here yesterday for another market. I repect your descesion to remain brand loyal, and understand the cold hard maths in the choice made. I know you will probably have a little sigh when you see your F pace on the road ,at what could of been! Enjoy the XJL, you will probably be in and happy with it long before most of us get our cars unless they sort out the muppet in charge of the U.K. debarcale, It would appear that..pride, honour, respect and a few other things... Are no longer be neccasary even with the Royal appointment standard insignia displayed next to theirs! What a shame!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was loaned an XJ 3.0 diesel R-Sport for 24 hours last week, to see what I thought of the engine and the infotainment system, while I wait for my FE, and I have to say that the XJ is a superb car.
When I put my boot down to try the acceleration I was delighted to feel that I was being pushed back into my seat, something I've not experienced for a long time having had a succession of smaller engine cars.
The XJ doesn't meet my needs - had it done so I too could have been solely tempted!

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
You must have a better dealer than me ,good of them to lend you a car..
Nice to hear positive comments about the 3 litre diesel
So far my dealer has lost my order due to member of staff leaving
Missed us out of factory visit
No model car etc
Late last minute preview invite
Still telling us June for first edition :eek:

At this point Most people would have bought something else ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My decision was more based on value for money (in my case only, due to options pushing the car to £72.5k) than the delivery time frame.

The local dealer has been really poor with no info whatsoever! At least many of you guys have been having updates from your dealers.

·
Registered
948 Posts
On the face of it the deal looks great but isn't the XJ changing soon maybe with the next 18 months, if so that amazing discount will disappear in it's residuals where as the F-Pace will be riding high on huge demand for at least the next 2 yrs minimum, that's why I intend to order a replacement for June 2017.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm also on the verge of cancelling my FE order, I'm waiting for the reviews to come out early April and if they are not what I hope I will look elsewhere.

For a number of reasons

1. Dealers have no information at all, I was informing my dealer on Thursday of things he's not even heard of.
2. FE is losing it's exclusive appeal with more cars being added and now FE 1.5 and exclusive blue being offered in other markets on other models already it's only a matter of time before you can order any F-Pace in that colour.
3. Dealer is playing hard ball with my PX, being unwilling to give me a fixed P/X for April/May delivery
4. Was told on Thursday that my expected delivery to dealer on 16th April is delayed by a further 2 weeks at least.

Jaguar dealers may have stock cars to offer if these cancellations continue, let's hope demand is high otherwise they will have cars sitting around once they finally get delivered.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The XJ has only just been facelifted in the last few months. A new one is due after 2019. The XJL Autobiography is the same spec as the top Range Rover and for £67k seems an amazing bargain to me.

I agree about the residuals. The FPace will hold better for a while but dont forget Jag expect this to be their biggest seller so it is inevitable that residuals will weaken in due course.

The two cars are very different and the big saloon will not be for everybody. I loved the interior much more than the F Pace and as that is where I spend the time was the main reason for the change of heart. All four of us are looking forward to being heated cooled and massaged in our seats and listening to our 1300w Meridian Reference system or maybe watching the TV on the 10.2" screens!

Still love the F Pace though and can always re-visit in a couple of years time when maybe they will be offering discounts.

I really think it stinks that the yanks can get a deal but the home market is fleeced. Hope they dont burn too many bridges over the next few months!

Looking forward to seeing the full reviews and if you all will let me will monitor the forum for as much info as I can get. Just a shame my original dealer doesn't - they woul learn loads about the mystery car they are about to sell!

All the best.
Andy

·
Registered
203 Posts
Waynem said:
Pacmeoff
Similar thinking here ,,,,they should by now be able to give FE people a fixed date ....no offence but Ryan knows no more than us :shock:
And it seems that Ryan just gets his responses from the Jaguar Handbook of Stock Phrases to Pacify Prospective Purchasers!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.