Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set of 4 Nokian WR A3 winter tyres 245-45-18 with less than 500 miles of use. Buyer to arrange method of delivery and costs.

£50.00 each.................to be sold as a job lot.

I'm in the South East

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As Carl would say: going, going, GONE

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YORKIE said:
As Carl would say: going, going, GONE
I've just received an additional bill for £33.99, ex delivery, because they weren't packed in a six sided cardboard box making it extremely difficult for the driver to handle them.......................................................................I ask you. good job he wasn't in my Regiment. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Wow. Firstly having them like that makes it much easier.
£33 extra !! I would think that's all I would pay for the whole job never mind as extra !

·
Registered
441 Posts
This is a well known 'wheeze' by the delivery companies who look for any excuse to charge more - the drivers are encouraged to look for ways to do this. Try ignoring the request for a bit and see what happens. I did that last time it happened to me, and after 2 emails they just gave up. Your call though.... ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I just sold my four alloys and winter tyres plus a further two winter tyres on eBay. Buyer was in Thurso and we used Paisley Freight (although they all subcontract at various points in the journey). My tyres were no better wrapped than yours, probably slightly worse. They were delivered on time and with no issues. It does sound as if your courier is chancing their arm, based upon my experience. I did take a photo of my consignment before dispatch because of your post in this site. If you wish, I can post the image on here and maybe you can use it as leverage in any argument you may choose to have with your courier.

On the other hand, life's short so you may have just decided to pay the premium and walk away. I always try to choose my battles based upon (1) magnitude of impact and (2) chance that I will win. If both factors are low then I can't be bothered.

Regards,

Arianne

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arianne said:
I just sold my four alloys and winter tyres plus a further two winter tyres on eBay. Buyer was in Thurso and we used Paisley Freight (although they all subcontract at various points in the journey). My tyres were no better wrapped than yours, probably slightly worse. They were delivered on time and with no issues. It does sound as if your courier is chancing their arm, based upon my experience. I did take a photo of my consignment before dispatch because of your post in this site. If you wish, I can post the image on here and maybe you can use it as leverage in any argument you may choose to have with your courier.

On the other hand, life's short so you may have just decided to pay the premium and walk away. I always try to choose my battles based upon (1) magnitude of impact and (2) chance that I will win. If both factors are low then I can't be bothered.

Regards,

Arianne
I paid up Arianne, after a rather heated phone conversation with them where they, having referred me to page 77 of their Terms & Conditions, caused me to estimate that your factors (1) and (2) above would probably have met the low end of the scale. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will never, courteously, cede my right of way on the road to another YODEL delivery driver again no matter how rushed he appears to be......so there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
They have gained £30 but have lost in the longer term. Yodel, one to avoid so thanks for that tip. And yes, I too will be less inclined to show them favour on the road then!

Best wishes, Arianne

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yodel are terrible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts