Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Passenger only I am afraid.

What I have done is set my seat memory 3 position to dip both mirrors to the ideal position. So now when I parallel park I press mem 3 first.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
In the manual it states both?

MIRROR DIP WHEN REVERSING

The mirror-dip feature can be enabled or disabled via the Vehicle Settings menu. See INSTRUMENT PANEL MENU.

Selecting Reverse (R) gear causes both door mirrors to automatically adjust, providing an improved viewing angle for reversing.

The dipped position of the mirror is a preset position. In R, the mirror can be adjusted, but the new position cannot be saved.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ I know but it's wrong. Checked with dealer and Jaguar directly. It's only passenger. Was annoying for me as I had both dipping on my previous JLR cars and I park outside my house in the street with the drivers side against the kerb. A small but highly annoying omission. Anyway I've found a way around it as detailed above. Means an extra button press but I'm completely used to it now and has become second nature.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
^ I know but it's wrong. Checked with dealer and Jaguar directly. It's only passenger. Was annoying for me as I had both dipping on my previous JLR cars and I park outside my house in the street with the drivers side against the kerb. A small but highly annoying omission. Anyway I've found a way around it as detailed above. Means an extra button press but I'm completely used to it now and has become second nature.
So they are actively selling cars with manuals that are incorrect sowing an option thats not available, thats not very good. :eek:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
So they are actively selling cars with manuals that are incorrect sowing an option thats not available, thats not very good. :eek:
Similar to calling the air conditioning climate control, when it simply isn't I guess :roll:

Also, as JLR5 found, electric seat memory on drivers side only

·
Banned
444 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
An absolute disaster darling! :cry:

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Similar to calling the air conditioning climate control, when it simply isn't I guess :roll:

Also, as JLR5 found, electric seat memory on drivers side only
Its good that if you have memory seats you can find a work around, the ones without memory seats will i guess have to manually adjust them.

Personally i do not use them as i find it not a problem to reverse the car without dipping the mirrors but its what people find suits them best.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can anyone please clarify which option includes the dipping mirror feature. I do not have the memory seat option but do have the folding puddle light option. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Samal said:
Can anyone please clarify which option includes the dipping mirror feature. I do not have the memory seat option but do have the folding puddle light option. Thanks.
It's the memory seat option which includes the dipping mirror . . so you've not got it I'm afraid :cry:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Catwoman.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts