Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the windscreen washers? On my car the spray is directed towards the very bottom of the windscreen, at the level of the parked wipers. I can see no way of adjusting the angle at which the fluid is sprayed to make it hit the screen higher up. Anyone with the same problem, anyone with a solution?

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Ed in Dorset said:
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the windscreen washers? On my car the spray is directed towards the very bottom of the windscreen, at the level of the parked wipers. I can see no way of adjusting the angle at which the fluid is sprayed to make it hit the screen higher up. Anyone with the same problem, anyone with a solution?
Not had to adjust mine but on other cars i have used a thick as possible needle, popped into the washer jet and moved the jet around, would be surprised if you could not do the same to be honest but i have not tried or looked on the Fpace.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Took mine in on 1 Sept and this was one of the items mentioned, the muppets couldn't/didn't/won't adjust it and they also couldn't fill the washer bottle (it ran out this weekend and its virtually the first time I've had to use it! I need to fix mine as I just did 450 miles over the weekend in mixed weather and this is actually dangerous, my forward view was seriously impaired. The passenger side gets a clear screen the driver's side doesn't- muppets!

Love the car but I would like to say that Jaguar after care is a piss poor reflection on the price of their vehicles, they have 1970's BL mentality.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Took mine in on 1 Sept and this was one of the items mentioned, the muppets couldn't/didn't/won't adjust it and they also couldn't fill the washer bottle (it ran out this weekend and its virtually the first time I've had to use it! I need to fix mine as I just did 450 miles over the weekend in mixed weather and this is actually dangerous, my forward view was seriously impaired. The passenger side gets a clear screen the driver's side doesn't- muppets!

Love the car but I would like to say that Jaguar after care is a piss poor reflection on the price of their vehicles, they have 1970's BL mentality.
In this case not Jaguar but the dealer who has given poor customer service and they should know what they are doing and how to adjust them, would take them no more then 2 minutes i am sure.

Shame not all dealers are the same as has been mentioned on here time and time again.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
In this case not Jaguar but the dealer who has given poor customer service and they should know what they are doing and how to adjust them, would take them no more then 2 minutes i am sure.

Shame not all dealers are the same as has been mentioned on here time and time again.
Yes you are correct. It's just so annoying, this is a silly issue and it shouldn't be worth mentioning but the fact they cannot/do not listen really irritates me!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Jagfpacejk said:

Yes you are correct. It's just so annoying, this is a silly issue and it shouldn't be worth mentioning but the fact they cannot/do not listen really irritates me!
Welcome to owning a Jaguar.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
My FP is fine but had same issue on my Evoque, onedide used to catch the rear lip of the bonnet rather than windscreen. I tried the hole needle trick but wouldn't budge. Had to return to the 'stealer' for rectification.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
My FP is fine but had same issue on my Evoque, onedide used to catch the rear lip of the bonnet rather than windscreen. I tried the hole needle trick but wouldn't budge. Had to return to the 'stealer' for rectification.
No mention that 'windscreen washers' is a tad ambiguous?!!! Jets/Nozzles etc .... The windscreen washer is the wife, surely? :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
corriescar66 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
No mention that 'windscreen washers' is a tad ambiguous?!!! Jets/Nozzles etc .... The windscreen washer is the wife, surely? :lol:
:lol: I deemed the "washers" was the nozzle the wash ejaculated from in the general direction of the screen, rather than the wipers which are the rubber blades, or pink marigolds worn by wifey! :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
corriescar66 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
:lol: I deemed the "washers" was the nozzle the wash ejaculated from in the general direction of the screen, rather than the wipers which are the rubber blades, or pink marigolds worn by wifey! :lol: :lol:
You washers ejaculate over your car. PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Thought that would 'raise' larf! Hence why wifey wears marigolds!!! :eek: ;)
LOL, Sir you are very posh using marigolds, us less posh just use latex gloves.
My wife loves all traditional romance.....Poldark, Kath Kidston (apologies for spelling if wrong) blah blah!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Welcome to owning a Jaguar.
It's my second, the previous XF had washer jets in wiper arms.... The FPace is a backward step in this regard.
Totally agree the wiper arms look very cheap and flimsy compared to my previous XJ and XF and I much prefered the washer jets coming from the wiper arm, that said my FP does spread the washer fluid across the front screen quite well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Ed in Dorset said:
Not had to adjust mine but on other cars i have used a thick as possible needle, popped into the washer jet and moved the jet around, would be surprised if you could not do the same to be honest but i have not tried or looked on the Fpace.
Thanks for all the amusing comments and, especially, thanks Jagfpacejk for your suggestion. Sadly, the washers on my car are not the "rotating sphere with a hole in" type that I have known and loved for the last 40+ years. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that the water from the jet can be heated. Looks like a trip back to the dealer to let their experts deal with.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Ed in Dorset said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Ed in Dorset said:
Thanks for all the amusing comments and, especially, thanks Jagfpacejk for your suggestion. Sadly, the washers on my car are not the "rotating sphere with a hole in" type that I have known and loved for the last 40+ years. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that the water from the jet can be heated. Looks like a trip back to the dealer to let their experts deal with.
Really thats not great news.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Used mine in earnest today on the M1 doing about 70 and whereas previously they had both distributed the wash nearly across the whole windscreen this morning the nearside jet was firing most of the wash over the roof. Tried when I got home and stationary and it is still doing the same.

Simple I thought, get a pin and poke it in the hole - No, not so simple it looks as if the jet is mounted in a housing and is shaped to fan the spray across the windscreen, a good thing, but I can't see any obvious way of adjusting it and as it is a plastic mounting I don't want to be heavy handed with it.

I will try brushing the face of the jets but if that doesn't sort it I will also be visiting the dealers.

Hopefully there is a simple user method to sorting this out, otherwise I am going to get on very friendly terms with my dealer if I have to call in every time the washers need cleaning or adjusting :(

·
Registered
887 Posts
Mine did that originally and at speed just spread up the screen quicker dependant on speed, but now it is shooting over the roof and consequently most of it is missing the screen altogether.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts