Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hillary's Blinds have a sale on? :lol:

on a related point, the rear tinted windows are a lot darker than I was expecting and compared to my last cars.. I've not had to add a blind to the side where the 2 year old sits.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
SonicPace said:
Not 100% connected to the window sizes, but does anyone find the door dimensions weird - I'll hit my head often just getting into the car!
Good job you didn't get a new XF then, those doors are really annoying so much so that my wife vetoed the new XF because she banged her head getting in and out, and she's only 5'6"!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
SonicPace said:
Not 100% connected to the window sizes, but does anyone find the door dimensions weird - I'll hit my head often just getting into the car!
Good job you didn't get a new XF then, those doors are really annoying so much so that my wife vetoed the new XF because she banged her head getting in and out, and she's only 5'6"!
+ 1 :( I'm 6ft 1 & Got so many bruises on my head after 3 days with an XF loaner that I just couldn't own one...

Fortunately, the F Pace is a bit more ergonomic - not whacked anything during 3 test drives....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well I'm 6'1" and F-Pace is cavernous and easy to get in and out of, even with dodgy knees! Yet my wife still hits her head so clearly she's doing something wrong, but far be it for me to tell her, definitely not my place :lol:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
corriescar66 said:
RaVolVoR said:
SonicPace said:
+ 1 :( I'm 6ft 1 & Got so many bruises on my head after 3 days with an XF loaner that I just couldn't own one...

Fortunately, the F Pace is a bit more ergonomic - not whacked anything during 3 test drives....
I'm at a conference in Amsterdam and was reading this as wandering about the conference floor thinking "aren't these people spatially aware??" .. and walked straight into a low beam smacking my head! Oh the irony!

Bringing back on track I'm 6 foot and have no issues. Getting in and out of the back is tricky though given given the width of the doors.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
They are definitely bigger than in my 3 door Evoque! But in a supermarket car park it can be a problem if you don't have enough space. The depth of the door (internal grab handle to outside panel) is significant. My father has a few pounds he could lose and he couldn't get out!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
They are definitely bigger than in my 3 door Evoque! But in a supermarket car park it can be a problem if you don't have enough space. The depth of the door (internal grab handle to outside panel) is significant. My father has a few pounds he could lose and he couldn't get out!
That's a poor excuse not to take him next time lol :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts