Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a look on the you-tube site and saw this video of the fastest SUV in 2016, some real beasts on here but will the Fpace SVC live in this company :?:

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Russell said:
Guys, be realistic the F-Pace is a mid range crossover, It is not in the high end SUV / crossover league!

I purchased mine a 3.0D R Sport for my wife to replace her VW Golf Mk 7 GTi. :oops:
The new high performance Fpace SVC is meant to be in this league that's the point, will it be though?

·
Banned
444 Posts
They will certainly need to upscale the interior, far too much hard plastic, lower door casings and instrument binnacle top cover.

I can just about live with the binnacle top cover, as to re trim you have to remove the dashboard! I might have the lower door casings done, just maybe.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There certainly will be some competition in this market sector over the coming months and years as SUV cars are becoming more popular with everyone.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
smash said:
The Maserati def looks nice.
Yes have to agree but it's a massive price up from the Fpace.
Exactly my point, you cannot compare high end SUVs / Crossovers to a mid range product that is made down to a price. Its not a Maserati, nor a Porsche, not even a Range Rover, its just one up from an Evoque.

I do like the car but be realistic it is not a high end product. :(

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Russell said:
Jagfpacejk said:
smash said:
The Maserati def looks nice.
Yes have to agree but it's a massive price up from the Fpace.
Exactly my point, you cannot compare high end SUVs / Crossovers to a mid range product that is made down to a price. Its not a Maserati, nor a Porsche, not even a Range Rover, its just one up from an Evoque.

I do like the car but be realistic it is not a high end product. :(
The price of the Fpace SVC will put it in some of this lists price range?

·
Registered
948 Posts
No doubt the chassis has the ability to compete with the best, in fact based on my own experience of the others I'd say it's right up at the top of the tree.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
luminated said:
No doubt the chassis has the ability to compete with the best, in fact based on my own experience of the others I'd say it's right up at the top of the tree.
I am not so sure, it may need some work on the suspension side of things, me for one I would love the look if they lowered the car a little, would also improve handling.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
luminated said:
I am not so sure, it may need some work on the suspension side of things, me for one I would love the look if they lowered the car a little, would also improve handling.
....a bit more like an F-Type....and maybe a ragtop?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pos.k said:
Jagfpacejk said:
luminated said:
....a bit more like an F-Type....and maybe a ragtop?
Then its not an SUV :p

·
Registered
948 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
You seriously think the current handling isn't good enough?

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
luminated said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Not with extra power, no i think lowering the car and lowering the center of balance will help, upgrade the brakes, improve exhaust and all will be well forgetting the ITCP of course.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
luminated said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Not with extra power, no i think lowering the car and lowering the center of balance will help, upgrade the brakes, improve exhaust and all will be well forgetting the ITCP of course.
I think I misunderstood your original reply, I thought you meant the handling of our cars wasn't that good.

Agreed extra power will put new demands on the chassis, lowering coupled with even less lean will be need.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
luminated said:
Jagfpacejk said:
luminated said:
I think I misunderstood your original reply, I thought you meant the handling of our cars wasn't that good.

Agreed extra power will put new demands on the chassis, lowering coupled with even less lean will be need.
No worries.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.