Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain why here in the uk...we get ripped off when we buy our vehicles ....take the FE for instance....in every other country it was sold fully loaded ...while here in the UK I've lost count of the missing features .....for this reason alone it will be the last time I will purchase a Jaguar car....
I would like to hear Jaguars official explanation for this ..(if they dare)
Go on Ryan shock me ...

·
Registered
260 Posts
:( Sorry you're feeling that way Waynem. Haven't the other fine attributes of your stunning FE sweetened the pill a bit? What specific missing features do you feel particularly let down by?

Car manufacturers put together specs they think will sell at a particular price point in a given market. Perhaps they didn't think adding in the extras in some markets would sell at the price point for the UK market. They probably missed a trick in not offering purchasers the opportunity to add extras but then they don't seem to have had a problem selling the UK quota.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you work for Jaguar ....sounds like something Ryan would have responded with...(no offence intended)
The bottom line is fully loaded and cheaper everywhere else....how could it possibly cost more in the Uk...
The list of features is to long to type :?
Was happy with my car till I spotted a photo of the front end of a USA FE ...which showed it also comes with adaptive cruise control :eek: on top of all the other features including sliding pano etc etc ....looks like we have subsidised the US market

·
Registered
260 Posts
LOL - no I don't work for JLR. And no offence taken.

I really feel for you and other F-Pace first adopters in the UK given the lack of information about availability and some of the misinformation about FE specs on the promotional materials compared to the cars delivered. I know it isn't unique to Jaguar, but there also seems to be a disconnect between Jaguar and their dealers. So the poor customer gets stuck in the middle with no one taking responsibility.

Thinking of the customer facing jobs I have and have had and how I treat customers, I think Jaguar and its dealer network have a lot to learn about what good customer service is. It's great that they make a JLR employee available to answer questions on car forums like this but it's vital that the person doing that role has the knowledge and confidence to provide honest, tailored responses that address the issues (even if it isn't necessarily the answer we want) rather than just regurgitating the company FAQs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I suggest to have a look on those configurator : Belgium, Netherland, Germany, France, Italy,... you will see that the UK First edition seems a very good deal for most European customers... US Version is the only one full I think and remember that they don't have a VAT in US.. only a 'sale taxes' to add to the price shown in the US configurator... depending the state the taxe is more and less btn 0 and 9%...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Didn't go for the FE myself but are you seriously telling me that prior to paying your balance and taking delivery you didn't know the finalised spec of the car?

If that's the case then this would be dreadful but if not then all you can really be annoyed about is others market getting more spec than you which in the case of America has been true for almost all luxury European brand not just Jaguar.

So addressing your thread title if you feel so aggreived with Jaguar to not buy another you should surely not want to buy from anyone else.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Do you know what I sort of accepted and agreed that we probably were getting ripped off like so often between markets and compared to the US we get stung on a number of areas BUT
I've never configured a German F Pace. Go and try it and add it up.
I've just done the petrol version and specced like mine and it's nearly 90,000 euros which is over 13k euros more than my UK build
The petrol version seems to have a heavy premium on price so there's one that much better priced here.
Haven't compared any others and probably won't lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cobstar said:
:( Sorry you're feeling that way Waynem. Haven't the other fine attributes of your stunning FE sweetened the pill a bit? What specific missing features do you feel particularly let down by?

Car manufacturers put together specs they think will sell at a particular price point in a given market. Perhaps they didn't think adding in the extras in some markets would sell at the price point for the UK market. They probably missed a trick in not offering purchasers the opportunity to add extras but then they don't seem to have had a problem selling the UK quota.
I was never in the market for a FE, beyond my budget, but I assumed the idea of a First Edition would be to showcase the full range of options available and also reward early adopters with extra value over a S version, have you priced a S to see how it compares? I appreciate some items can't be added but seems the FE misses some vital features on a 65k car, showing my age now but I couldn't have a car without lumbar adjustment on seats although that is probable my back and isn't the case for everyone

With the car being built in the UK you think we would have the full choice, even im Eire they can choose 4 colours on the FE and also have 3.0D or 275bhp 3.0 petrol versions in Prestige, R Sport and Portfolio trims, they drive same side as us so no excuse for left hand drive only

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just having a grumble out loud :eek: ....the point is when u look at the original brochure etc ...the headline grabbing features standard on the F pace ...which u would expect to be standard on the FE are in fact missing ...only in the small print...they even let the press protray a full loaded image ....I won't be falling for this marketing ploy again :lol:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Waynem said:
Can someone explain why here in the uk...we get ripped off when we buy our vehicles ....take the FE for instance....in every other country it was sold fully loaded ...while here in the UK I've lost count of the missing features .....for this reason alone it will be the last time I will purchase a Jaguar car....
I would like to hear Jaguars official explanation for this ..(if they dare)
Go on Ryan shock me ...

I am going to write to all the major motor magazines/ websites to highlight what has happened in the case of the FE and the unsuspecting UK public :roll:
Waynem, you have been fairly quiet of late and I for one have enjoyed reading your posts during the past six months or so. We all know that cars and many other luxury items are much cheaper in the USA than they are here in the UK. It's all about numbers, competition and taxation efficiencies. Apart from the much publicised 'Jaguar rip-off" on our FE specification, what else has gone wrong? Is your car OK? Do you have any other issues to report on? My FE has the 'creaking rear suspension' and 'InControl sickness' bugs! I have been a loyal Mercedes Benz customer during the past 20+ years and in that time I have been spoiled rotten. Time for Jaguar to up the anti and compete on the world stage! :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a new US FE owner, I have to say the UK FE buyers definitely got screwed, and by your own countrymen. I don't blame Waynem for being angry. I would be seriously pissed off, too. Frankly, I was shocked to discover the difference in standard FEs from country to country. His has every right to demand satisfaction from JLR.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Trek, I read your posts on the US site and it's not just the sticker price and specification that is against us.

You guys, especially you, have been able to access financing at very, very low interest rates. How you can do it in the US is a mystery to me.

We have inflation at or around 0%, a currency that is sound (after the US $, Sterling is probably better than the € right now, subject to the UK vote being to stay in the EU) and an economy that is the best amongst the beauty parade of all Western economies which look pretty unattractive. The UK Government can borrow at record low levels of interest, much like the US and Germany but the little people like us are offered APR interest rates of 6-7%.

How can we beat the system? I will kick start a thread.

Anyway Trek, enjoy your F-Pace. A photo of it in your super-organised garage would be good!

Arianne

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well said trek...infact it was the photo you posted that was the final straw for me :lol: it showed the plastic plate behind the front badge ...proving you had adaptive cruise control ...i suspect you also ADaptive road response etc etc et :eek: ....I've got no complaints with the car itself ....no problems ....just that when I placed the deposit many moons ago :? .....I was under the impression that the car was going to be fully loaded .....slowly bit by bit it became clear that this wasn't going to be the case ...
On the brochure it's not clear ....just a few small symbols indicating the items not available ..
At this point having waited months there was no going back ....you either bought the car or cancelled

I think Trek had the car ....I thought I was going to get :lol: Enjoy it :D

As for jaguar ....if I see Ian callums cheesy smile in person ...I'm going to give it a fully loaded punch :eek: (only joking) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Steady on....Ian just manages the team that designs the cars! He doesn't decide on spec!!

Jaguar (and Land Rover) have different parts of the business that look after each market and those individual parts of the business decide on specification.

This spec is decided on with inputs from the network and then finalised hence why different markets get different specs and colours.

I never saw the FE advertised as 'fully loaded' and if the press chose to suggest that then that's just poor reporting.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I don't agree with the comment of either no going back or cancel your order.... you could as easily switched to a regular S model and ordered the items you desired. You wait a little longer but you get the things you want.

I looked at the FE briefly debating whether I could live with the light interior, not wanting to come across harsh but I think anyone who expected every conceivable extra to be included at the asking price has to be naive..... sure you can be annoyed at what other markets get compared to us but this is true for all brands, the problem is we are willing to cough up and until we demand more and say no we will continue to pay more than other markets.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I know someone who has gone for an FE even though the spec isn't absolutely right for him purely because he hopes that the FE will have a higher resale value in 4-5 years than a similarly specced S.

Whilst resale value is an important part of car ownership it shouldn't influence you to drive something other than what you really want.

I do hope the FE values hold up, especially given some of the missing kit.

My RRS FE was fully loaded (adaptive cruise etc etc) but in reality when I came to sell it 5 years on I didn't get any more than a standard SC with the same options. And at that point you could spec a car (apart from the leather) to exactly the same spec.

Time will tell ....

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't understand the fully loaded thing. I've had a physical brochure for many months and the FE spec is cleared set out in there.

I have aways been under the impression that the FE was just that, an exclusive coloured FPace with a couple of unique features, these being the paint colour, the leather and the wheel colour.

The UK website has never made out that it's anything else (as far as I'm aware??)

If you price up the bits on the car, then it basically comes to the purchase price.

I can't see why Jaguar would fill an FE with loads of features and sell it for less than the sum of the components. That would seriously annoy anyone being a standard 'S' and potentially hurt sales.

I have bought an FE to get the exclusivity, I'm not fussed about any of the missing features - I could have always bought a standard S if I wanted those.

I wanted the ooooooh look at that factor, and I feel the FE delivers that.

Sonic

·
Registered
6 Posts
SonicPace said:
I don't understand the fully loaded thing. I've had a physical brochure for many months and the FE spec is cleared set out in there.

I have aways been under the impression that the FE was just that, an exclusive coloured FPace with a couple of unique features, these being the paint colour, the leather and the wheel colour.

The UK website has never made out that it's anything else (as far as I'm aware??)

If you price up the bits on the car, then it basically comes to the purchase price.

I can't see why Jaguar would fill an FE with loads of features and sell it for less than the sum of the components. That would seriously annoy anyone being a standard 'S' and potentially hurt sales.

I have bought an FE to get the exclusivity, I'm not fussed about any of the missing features - I could have always bought a standard S if I wanted those.

I wanted the ooooooh look at that factor, and I feel the FE delivers that.

Sonic
Imagine loading every possible option for a top-of-the-line S, biggest petrol engine, every single option, check off everything, including Adaptive Cruise Control, the 22" tires with Helix wheels, Windsor leather, In-Control Touch Pro, everything. That's what you get in the US with the FE and at a cheaper price than an S loaded with everything. Apparently the UK version of the FE is stripped of a lot of features the US version comes with as standard. Now you know why Waynem is pissed off. The UK FE is far less exclusive than the US version which is loaded. You've gotten the shaft over there. You should be mad.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm not mad no, it's still exclusive in relation to the other models here.

I am assuming a fully loaded FE in the states works out the same price as adding the individual bits to an S? As in they're not giving you things for free?

If so, then unfortunately for us, they're cheaper in the states because they will be trying to break into the bigger potential market for them.

The UK is just more expensive, look at the price of Apple gear etc and scale up the price 10x and you'll see the same.

I can understand Wayne being annoyed, but I thought we all knew this before purchasing?

I guessing the same applies to the RRS, Evoque etc?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm not defending Jaguar here by the way, just accepting how businesses make their financial decisions.

They're out to make the most money ultimately. So charge high where sales are a given, and discount where you want to break in to.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts