Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've got a double garage with two 7 foot doors (I've measured them and the gap is spot on 7 ft). As I find defrosting and scraping frozen windows to be a pain in the winter I cleared the clutter out the garage and use it to park my current vehicle.

Looking at the dimensions of the F Pace the width (with mirrors folded) is 207cm (pretty wide really when you consider a Porsche Macan is 192.3cm). So in the end about an inch clearance either side, with mirrors folded.

Is it do-able or should I forget about it? (and hope the in control pro app will let me switch the engine on and defrost the car before I leave the house on a frosty morning).

·
Registered
453 Posts
ASM33 said:
Hi everyone. I've got a double garage with two 7 foot doors (I've measured them and the gap is spot on 7 ft). As I find defrosting and scraping frozen windows to be a pain in the winter I cleared the clutter out the garage and use it to park my current vehicle.

Looking at the dimensions of the F Pace the width (with mirrors folded) is 207cm (pretty wide really when you consider a Porsche Macan is 192.3cm). So in the end about an inch clearance either side, with mirrors folded.

Is it do-able or should I forget about it? (and hope the in control pro app will let me switch the engine on and defrost the car before I leave the house on a frosty morning).
Ive seen the in-control pro app demonstrated on an XF, it works a treat, Salesman showed me the app brought his car up, locked doors started it then we proceed to walk out to the car park to his car to find it had been stolen.... lol no joking it was sat ticking over and warming up nicely.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had to move the posts on the drive and have new gates built as I suddenly realised the F Pace would not get through the gap

·
Registered
922 Posts
When we first drove an Evoque home on test drive... We found we couldn't get the dumbo mirrors through gates... DOH.!! One more reason we moved to countryside....well that and the fact that our F3 wolf hybrids ate our kitchen and the housing estate didn't like the boys evening chorus, if we left them outside in thier armoured kennel overnight . ooooowwww! :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I PUT MY CURRENT CAR ( AUDI Q5) AWAY IN THE GARAGE EVERY NIGHT WITH ONLY 1 INCH GAP PER SIDE . YOU SOON GET USED TO IT.
MAKE SURE YOU REVERSE IN AND DON'T FORGET THE FOLDING MIRROR OPTION.

·
Registered
247 Posts
IONGY said:
I PUT MY CURRENT CAR ( AUDI Q5) AWAY IN THE GARAGE EVERY NIGHT WITH ONLY 1 INCH GAP PER SIDE . YOU SOON GET USED TO IT.
MAKE SURE YOU REVERSE IN AND DON'T FORGET THE FOLDING MIRROR OPTION.
Do you really need constant capitals? Akin to shouting :roll:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a good idea, I might do the same with mine.

How much has a job like that set you back out of interest? Seems like the cost of this car spirals on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was going to recommend exactly what bennen has done. I've got the same issue at my place (double garage but 2 single dors). I'm currently looking at the best door options and converting to a single double door.

Instead of a up-n-over double door I'm looking at a sliding 'side sectional' door. It gives a better option if you just want to open the door a bit for access for bikes / wheel barrows etc.

Any tips / recommendations?

·
Registered
410 Posts
ASM33 said:
That's a good idea, I might do the same with mine.

How much has a job like that set you back out of interest? Seems like the cost of this car spirals on.
I'd be interested as well, I had a double to single double conversion quote a while back at £4000.00 including good quality automatic door :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.