Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using my iphone as a personal hotspot to then be able to use the browser and all the other functionality of the system rather than a data sim card

1 Is the the correct way of doing it?

2 Is there a way of it connected automatically as at present I have to browse wi fi connections find my iphone and connect manually

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Well I just put in a data sim for simplicity.

Can I ask, why would you do this? Surely it is much easier just to browse on your phone, or are you watching something that requires the screen for example?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If I had a 10Gb contract (I don't) that's how I would do it to be honest... if it works why not? No point buying something not required indeed!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I would buy a cheap ee sim card, I have and it will no doubt from my usage last me at least 12 months. There was another thread started about this same thing with links to sim card deals which may be worth looking at.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
the £30 sim gives 12 months of use, and slots straight in the centre consule ( for ITCP anyway). I have that sort of data on my phone too, but got totally bored of linking it up, and the £30 sim solves that issue.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
rsportwhite said:
lost Sim card its in the slot somewhere ffs
Now that is annoying, it should be spring loaded?

·
Registered
688 Posts
it nearly happened to me when the dealer said it was the nano sim not micro.. I was picking up the car and on hand over he half pushed it in and realised it was too small.. he had a few sweaty moments trying to prise it out without damaging the pins.. all ok in the end though.

I had to go across the road to a supermarket to buy a sim adapter to get the smaller sim card to now fit in but did get more goodies (caps and keyring for the kids) thrown in as a gesture from them!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Would take me longer than a year to use it - Thing barely works and his up and down and reconnecting al the time.
Given up

·
Registered
363 Posts
Problem is the in-car 3G drops out all the time so if you are using Spotify etc then you go offline all the time, hotspotting gives a more stable signal...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have to say that for all the issues my car has had, 3G drop off isn't one of them. The system has turned data off for me a couple of times since 2.5 upgrade but (fingers crossed) its been ok since Thursday last week - 5 days!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts