Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Why no All-Season Tyres

7K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  araid1985 
#1 ·
I have a 3.0 litre petrol on order since last September. Asked Jaguar central and dealer for all-season tyres, and they look at me as if they don't know what I mean!! It is a standard free-fit option on the Macan. Living in Scotland means we can get snow at any time of the year - bloody freezing here today. C'mon Jaguar get real!

#2 ·
If your dealer was worth anything they should get them swapped over.

#4 ·
Waynem said:
Are there any good ones manufactured yet... :?:
Yes, on the Volvo XC60 forum there has been a long running discussion about the merits of all-season tyres compared to the twice yearly swap of winter & summer tyres. There are some very good all-season tyres now being produced that have tempted many of the Volvo owners.

If I was buying the Ingenium F-Pace then I would consider them. But with a 3.0 V6 it may still result in a compromise on summer performance handling. I also live in Scotland. We have dedicated winter tyres mounted on their winter rims on a rack in my garage right now. All-seasons would be fine for Scotland but we take a ski-drive holiday to The Alps every year and I want the confidence that AWD and winter tyres bring - effectively you're unstoppable with this combination.

Whether we can source all-seasons in our tyre sizes for the 20" and 22" rims I don't know. I don't think there are any for the 22" rims which is why I will stick with the standard 20" wheels on my order.

Regards, Arianne

G
#7 ·
I live in the Alps and was annoyed that my ex-Evoque was coming with all-season tires as I have to swap to winter tires.
I'm really glad that my F-Pace came with summer tires.
I agree that this should be an option.

#9 ·
Waynem said:
What u going to do in the winter? Fit skies :eek: :shock: :lol:
I think Mig is saying that he/she prefers dedicated summer and winter tyres over the compromise of all-seasons. If I lived in The Alps there's no way I would settle on all-season tyres.

Best wishes, Arianne

#11 ·
Nishandf said:
and in some countries winter tyres a legal requirement, eg Germany, Sweden
This is true although the better all-season tyres have the little mountain & snowflake imprint on the sidewall that shows they are fit to meet the legal requirement for winter driving in those countries.

Arianne

#15 ·
PaulB said:
I have a 3.0 litre petrol on order since last September. Asked Jaguar central and dealer for all-season and puncture free tyres, and they look at me as if they don't know what I mean!! It is a standard free-fit option on the Macan. Living in Scotland means we can get snow at any time of the year - bloody freezing here today. C'mon Jaguar get real!
I will understand your problem beacause I suffered from that problem before 2-3 years ago.After this incident I always aware about tyres and don't believe in all-seasonal tyres.I always use puncture free tyres for my car to enjoy a happy journey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.