Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the fun of it I calculated in pound what different taxes you pay in Belgium when buying a car and the yearly tax.
3 l diesel= first year 1595 pound and after that you pay 759 pound every year.
3 l petrol= first year 2839 pound and after that you pay 668 pound every year.
2 l diesel= first year 965 pound and after that you pay 377 pound every year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know a guy on a different forum who lives in Norway. For a quite a few years they have had very punitive taxes on large engined cars, a BHP tax really. This is being reversed over the next year or two and tax is now going to be calculated on emissions/nox/pollution. Big engineered diesels will fair badly and smaller diesels will also be worse off. Petrol cars will be favoured, this doesn't really help in the case of the F-Pace though as the only petrol at present is a beast. I think Jaguar will start to offer more petrol models in the future. I'd imagine other countries will follow down a similar path, even before the VW emissions scandal there was talk of banning diesels in Paris and London.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So over 3 years, a 2 litre will save you £1776 cf the 3 litre diesel. Have you thought what a small percentage of the depreciation loss that represents? This vehicle will be so much nicer to drive with the 3l in it! Best of luck anyhow, whatever you finally decide.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not only the tax, the second hand value are also effected and harder to sell.
My freind had a v8 petrol, few km and like new. He was offered 5000 euros as best when buying new car. It all ended that he exported the car and that way got a good price.
V6 petrole or diesel is nice and a 4 cylinder can't give the same feeling or sound, but I test drove xf with the same automatic and engine that I ordered and it was realy nice, much beter then the 2 l diesel BMW I have for the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts