Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pull up next to a V8 Defender in a car park over the weekend, and as I am unloading something from the boot the owner comes up to me.

"Why do they keep comparing this to a Macan?" he says.

He asks if he can take a look inside, so he opens a door and peers in. Then he takes a look in the rear, and has a good nosey in the boot too.

"I've got the new Cayenne Diesel S" he says. "This is easily as big inside, looks a darn site better, and probably rides better too."

With which he wanders off saying "should have waited ....."

:)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Which we already know and is precisely why we are giving JLR the time to catch up and get on the same page as the rest of us...well, most of us are!
Problem is, where do you go from here? The alternatives are really uninspiring!

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
The Fpace does not have this over the Macan,

The Macan has an ugly front, the front bumper is horrible.
The Macan has a horrible dash with a starship enterprise list of buttons.

Just to name two :lol:

I can not see why anyone would compare the two apart from they are both SUV vehicles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No comparison with macan. Definitely Cayenne rival

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I caught a car mag in Sainsbury's today.....don't quote me "Autocar", might not have been?, anyhow, it said dont buy an SUV until you have read this, in brief Best Luxury is RR; best large is Disco Sport, Best road handling is Macan, and so on......pretty much XC90 and others claiming their individual niche markets.......Best Premium SUV.......our glorious FP!!! This is my dilemma!!! I reject mine but there is nothing for me that comes close to the FP! So if rejection happens it will be for a direct replacement which hopefully JLR WILL HAVE ironed out the ICTP issues by then! :cool: ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Totally agree. Driven both. The S is certainly as good a drive as the Macan, actually in some ways better, but with loads more room inside - and a decent boot that you can actually put things in. The Jag has a real appealing exterior design - no ugly plastic rad moulded all over the front as in the Macan and most of all no array of annoying switches each with a chrome strip on - all down the centre console in the Macan - that you have to look down at to operate when driving. PS: no bias here I have a Porsche Boxter S which I love but "Macan" no -FP forever :)

·
Banned
444 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
I caught a car mag in Sainsbury's today.....don't quote me "Autocar", might not have been?, anyhow, it said dont buy an SUV until you have read this, in brief Best Luxury is RR; best large is Disco Sport, Best road handling is Macan, and so on......pretty much XC90 and others claiming their individual niche markets.......Best Premium SUV.......our glorious FP!!! This is my dilemma!!! I reject mine but there is nothing for me that comes close to the FP! So if rejection happens it will be for a direct replacement which hopefully JLR WILL HAVE ironed out the ICTP issues by then! :cool: ;)
Carl, they will fix your car!

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
If they iron out ITCP issues on new cars then ours should be sorted, soon mate very soon i have my fingers crossed for you and me and others.

·
Registered
948 Posts
By right the F Pace can and should be compared with both of them because whilst it's footprint is closer in size to the Macan it's interior space is closer to the Cayenne. I think the reasons why we and probably the press keep comparing it to the Macan is that both models offer a 2litre version which isn't available on the Cayenne.

I've owned three Cayennes over the years 2 V8s and a Diesel in the latest model, where as there was an argument for picking it over the RRS purely on how the thing handles this argument has disappeared with JLR's introduction of the F Pace, it handles best, looks a million times better and spec for spec is much better value...... but we all know there's more to buying a car than logic because your heart plays as big if not bigger role and the Porsche brand holds a lot of appeal.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Is the Cayenne not close to the end of its production run? They have a special edition (or whatever it's called) out and I thought there's a new one coming along?

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arianne said:
Is the Cayenne not close to the end of its production run? They have a special edition (or whatever it's called) out and I thought there's a new one coming along?

Arianne
Yes. End of next year. Based on the VAG MLB platform which it will share with Q7 and Bentley Bentayga.

·
Registered
948 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Yes. End of next year. Based on the VAG MLB platform which it will share with Q7 and Bentley Bentayga.
By all accounts the new SQ7 is one serious piece of kit so I imagine the next Cayenne will be stellar.

·
Registered
205 Posts
FP761 said:
surprised noone has compared it to the maserati levante, yet
Have you seen the front design of the Maserati Levante - :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Ugly or what!

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I parked next to a white Bentley Bentayga in Waitrose car park last week. Ok so it's an imposing and impressive looking car but the F Pace is waaaaaaaaay better looking. It certainly didn't look like it was the poorer design.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
luminated said:
JLRnumber5 said:
By all accounts the new SQ7 is one serious piece of kit so I imagine the next Cayenne will be stellar.
The SQ7 is also a massive price when you spec one up it tops well over 100K. :eek: :shock:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
luminated said:
JLRnumber5 said:
The SQ7 is also a massive price when you spec one up it tops well over 100K. :eek: :shock:
Why in heavens name would you need to spec it to the top?

It's got just about everything one needs as stock.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
luminated said:
Why in heavens name would you need to spec it to the top?

It's got just about everything one needs as stock.
Have you looked? I have and your find it has not, having had a Audi before the items you want to use are extras, to spec anywhere near my car here's your costs,

Your first choice is Design or Performance, you pay a massive amount more, if you want design it starts at 75445.00 choose performance and its 86795.00 thats 11 K more straight away.

Using the performance pack as you get some items as standard so a start price of 86795.00
Comes as standard with 20 inch alloys but if you want 22 inch so thats an extra 1400.00 pounds
Want memory seats for both front seats then add 550.00 pounds but you also have to add the electrically adjusted sdoor mirrors as they are not standard so thats an extra 100.00 pounds
Want heated seats thats an extra 400.00 pounds
Heated Windscreen 700.00 pounds
Ambient Light Package 280.00 pounds
Advanced Key 950.00 pounds
Want the technology pack thats an extra 1400.00 pounds
Bose System to Match My 825 Watt system 1100.00 pounds
Audi Park Assist 1150.00
Audi 5 Year Warranty 1335.00 pounds

So with that alone 94810.00 pounds on the road.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.