Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting some quotes put together for an R sport from two dealers.

I was wondering where you looked for competitive quotes?
(Interestingly I was quoted on an FPACE S by bestcarfinder.co.uk but jaguar would not match it)

Are there any websites you would recommend?

Indeed, did anyone go for a PCP that wasn't from a Jaguar dealership?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Lloyds Bank Car finance @ 4.4%

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great advice I knew Halifax did a PCP but can you really loan £50k from Lloyds?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Yup. They offered me a PCP for my car at £62k. £22k down and £16k final payment after 4 years. £560 per month.

By far the best deal after lots of shopping about.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks that's a v good interest rate. 2% lower than jaguar.
I will call Lloyds tomorrow. Seems that the caveat is that they expect your current account to be your main account?

·
Registered
688 Posts
thats right, thats the case for me.. needs to have been that for 3 months at least. Halifax will be the same

·
Registered
54 Posts
Speak to Craig Rooney at MV finance 0162 826 2206 managed to get me an amazing deal on my lease saved me £1050 on a 3 year lease compared to the best price I could get on the web

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first edition is on Contract hire , 3+ 23 , 3 months deposit and 23 monthly payments , total 24 months hire , 10,000 miles a year £1200 inv vat a month , I preordered in 2015 , paid the price, I expect There are Much better deals now,

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
CraigB said:
My first edition is on Contract hire , 3+ 23 , 3 months deposit and 23 monthly payments , total 24 months hire , 10,000 miles a year £1200 inv vat a month , I preordered in 2015 , paid the price, I expect There are Much better deals now,
Wow that's almost a mortgage payment!

OK I am putting down £20k but my payments for a £62k car are £560/month on PCP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our Volvo CX90 (which is much better equipped) is considerably less per month , similar list price as the FE too,

as is our Lexus Nx which is also a lot better equipped, its smaller and a little lower list price ,

neither has as much horse power as the FE though, not as sporty and mpg is worse, even though the Lexus 2.5 ltr petrol has a distinct lack of power ( it's a hybrid.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Binary said:
Speak to Craig Rooney at MV finance 0162 826 2206 managed to get me an amazing deal on my lease saved me £1050 on a 3 year lease compared to the best price I could get on the web
Thanks. What was the APR?
I'm honestly not sure as it is a contract hire it's not really relevant , all I can say is my spec worked out at £575 per month with 3 payments up front, I used to lease purchase but you get so much more car on a contract hire.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I put mine on my offset mortgage at 4%. With what I have in my current account anyway and saving for tax, on average I pay just under 1% interest on this mortgage (that is total for house and car) - I shall pay the "car part" of the mortgage off in 3 years.

I don't like PCP because you pay ALL of the interest on the WHOLE amount over the agreement period at what now - nearly 7% with Jag?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Update - Dealer bent over backwards this morning to finalise the deal, nudging up the P/x value, cutting the margin on the insurances, etc .. but the best news was they cut the finance rate to 4.9% .. so now you know how low they will go if pushed!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jaguar were offering 4.9 % back in May as the FP joined the list in mid-May and the dealer had read her emails! I benefited at this rate and Stratstone increased the offer on my Evoque and sold it straight away with a £2k mark up which was fine by me- the FP is sooooooo much better in every way than the Evoque, I'm still smiling as I drive 2 months on :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is looking very good (almost makes me want to change the order I made yesterday to an S)

I ordered an R Sport - delivery in March.
(Black pack, 20" venoms, sunroof, privacy glass, rear camera and aluminium gear shift paddles because cheap looking, thin black plastic on a car called "sport" is a scandal!!)

There's expected to be another Bank of England base rate reduction in November to 0.1% so who knows I may even get lower than 4.9%?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Forgive me but how have you guys managed to get a 4.9% PCP from the Jaguar dealer when I thought it was fixed at 6.8%? I didn't think the dealer had any discretion on this?

It would be good to know if you're happy to help?

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi Arianne

It was remarkably easy. I said I wasn't taking his finance agreement as Black Horse (same company) had offered me 4.4%. He immediately dropped to 4.9% and threw in the service pack.

He told me 4.9% is as low as they can go. So now you know.

:)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.