Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after cancelling my order due to Brexit jitters I am starting to think maybe I was a bit hasty and am considering re-instating my order (you only live once!).
So - straight to the back of the queue for you my lad!

Thing is - I wasn't very impressed with my local dealer. They had my order for 3 months and I never even got a sniff of a build date. Given that none of them are offering any discounts, the only thing left to shop around for is lead time and customer service. So:

Anyone recommend a particular dealer? Was yours keeping in touch during the waiting time, pushing for updates from Solihull? If so it would be great to know who - as I don't mind travelling further afield (just means an excuse for a longer drive when picking it up).

Likewise - are there any I should steer clear of?
Cheers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought my car through HA Fox in Cheltenham and they were very good - I dealt with Gareth and he is very knowledgeable.
HA Fox morphed into Stratstone on the 1st July but I think that most of the Fox staff are still there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Try H A FOX Derby which used to be Stratstone. I collected my Portfolio F Pace on Monday from Stratstone Nottingham which used to be HA Fox who placed the order in April. Confusing I know!! . I would not recommend Stratstone as I am still reeling from the poor trade in they first offered on my 16 month old XF Sportbrake with 16000 miles on the clock. When I threatend to walk out they then very reluctantly upped the offer a little but I am still not happy. The sales manager who I knew very well at Nottingham sadly moved to H A Fox Derby and I am not impressed with the new dealer principle at Nottingham after his patronising little chat with me on Monday on how much he would make on my XF when they put it on the front for sale..My heart bleeds!! Ask for Tom at HA Fox Derby.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
:evil:
HS60 said:
I bought my car through HA Fox in Cheltenham and they were very good - I dealt with Gareth and he is very knowledgeable.
HA Fox morphed into Stratstone on the 1st July but I think that most of the Fox staff are still there.
Ha. I went in there at end of April and never have I been dealt with by a more miserable, rude, don't give a damn smarmy #@%& in my life. He might even have been called Gareth..

Took his card to complain to DP, but in the end couldn't be bothered.

Not really that impressed with feedback from one I ordered from a few weeks later, so won't mention them....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Bonkers said:
Well, after cancelling my order due to Brexit jitters I am starting to think maybe I was a bit hasty and am considering re-instating my order (you only live once!).
So - straight to the back of the queue for you my lad!

Thing is - I wasn't very impressed with my local dealer. They had my order for 3 months and I never even got a sniff of a build date. Given that none of them are offering any discounts, the only thing left to shop around for is lead time and customer service. So:

Anyone recommend a particular dealer? Was yours keeping in touch during the waiting time, pushing for updates from Solihull? If so it would be great to know who - as I don't mind travelling further afield (just means an excuse for a longer drive when picking it up).

Likewise - are there any I should steer clear of?
Cheers.
Here's my recommendation...

Peter Tubekke, Jaguar UK rep of the year at Clelands Jaguar in Galashiels. The dealer is a Jaguar award winner for 2013. They run the joint Volvo Jaguar franchise here and I have dine business with them since 2006. Best service I have ever experienced from any car dealership. The business is owned by John Cleland, of rally driver fame and he runs a tight ship, takes a personal interest in the operation and ensures that all his customers get first class service.

Peter was a delight to do business with and I am a very, very demanding customer. When I send an email to Peter he almost always responds the same day with a proper, personal reply and not some corporate gobbledygook jargon. The one occasion he forgot to respond he apologised and explained why there had been a delay of a couple of days, I mean how good is that!

They offer a flight refund promise if you fly to them and buy a car and here is their site: http://www.clelandjaguar.co.uk/

I am not on commission and, other than being a customer, I have no association with them whatsoever. But I hate poor service from car dealers when folk are spending so, so much money that they have saved up. And when one finds a good dealer then you stick with them.

They ain't cheap, that service means they don't do heavy discounting. But since there are zero discounts on any F-Pace cars right now anyway it makes no difference and so you might as well enjoy top service as compensation for the full price!

Anyway, I am glad that you have decided not to deprive yourself of access to what seems to be a great car just because of a dreadful dealer experience. Whether it's Clelands or someone else...... I hope you enjoy the rest of the buying experience, it should be fun.

BTW, they let us test drive their 3.0d V6 S for almost the whole morning on our own and then, when we got back, invited us to try their 2.0 Ingenium R-sport demonstrator just so that we were sure of which one we wanted to buy. A further 30mins later we had decided and we placed the order. I think they sometimes are able to skip the queue for orders as they called me and offered me an IRR S car that they had managed to secure from Jaguar but we want ours in March 2017. Within two days it had been sold but I still popped down to take a look before it left the compound.

Best wishes.

Arianne

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would whole-heartedly recommend Andy Turnbill from HA Fox (now Stratestone) in Doncaster....... Kept me informed, and when my original (OK second) spec of car went backwards on delivery which triggered my third major change of spec to a Black 1st Edition they sorted out a loan of an XJL and then an F-Type to cover me for a couple months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.