seems Carl has been very quiet recently? not been banned too has he? :lol:

how's the ICTP/fix/rejection going?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
jinjin said:
seems Carl has been very quiet recently? not been banned too has he? :lol:

how's the ICTP/fix/rejection going?
No ban he's just quietly looking at his options last I heard.

He was around a couple of days ago and I am sure he will be back even with or without a Fpace.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Banned!!!, has someone been banned? ...,honestly.... can't I leave the country for a few days!! :?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Jags cat said:
Banned!!!, has someone been banned? ...,honestly.... can't I leave the country for a few days!! :?
Russell is taking a week out at present and we are also looking at others. ;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Evening all, thanks for the concern :lol: do not panic, all is fine nowt sinister in my absence. Was a bit fed up when the forum started to spiral downwards over certain things being said, was mid way through my rejection which should be closed out on Monday, basically funds back in my bank. Also was pretty fed up that the FP has gone back. Saw the New Disco 5 at the launch last weekend really liked it but ain't going near anymore new models first/ early additions until I see 6 months of trouble free motoring on the relevant forums. So I'm outta the Jag!!! Boom!!! She's gone!! Took her back to dealer last Sunday removed plates from car and via DVLA. Bonnet grilles and Union flags off too with trusted tooth floss, boy it's a fab tool for that job!! Wear gloves though coz it bloody cuts into your fingers and thumbs if you are removing a lot of stuff! Plates were easier as they were velcroed on, but the 3M high grip stuff still takes some doing!! My mood was lifted by my new toy though , brand new, dark grey, 3.2 litres, 4x4, 20" alloys with oversized tyres, side steps, electric & heated seats privacy glass, upgraded stereo, tow bar and soon to have bonnet grilles and Union flags!!! The best part is it's £50 per month BIK for wifey!!! :lol: :lol: Actually even better is I picked it up on Tuesday have done 262 miles and guess what???? It's gone four days longer and four times further than the FPace did before the FP started playing up (that was 1 day almost 70 miles), whereas the new motor, not one fault!! And I find it hilarious to drive too!!! Bloody love it!!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Did you end up with a ford ranger pickup truck or some thing ? What replaces the F Pace

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Got it in one Mbadge!!! Claim VAT back too!!! Temporary thing for 9-12 months till JLR sort the ICTP out then maybe another FP or Disco5?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Got it in one Mbadge!!! Claim VAT back too!!! Temporary thing for 9-12 months till JLR sort the ICTP out then maybe another FP or Disco5?
Or maybe the Sport as it will have he updated system also?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Considering my knowledge of other SUVs and 4x4s / trucks in particular that's a heck of a guess.
I considered getting a second hand SUV and FType at one point but my car not bad now and I'm sticking with it - yours was quite frankly a lemon with far too much not working and too many visits to the dealer.id have done same if so many problems - wouldn't be getting the pickup and don't know what's next.
I'm thinking of getting this one uprated and improved at some point :)

Good luck with next step or two
VAT back as well quite a nice bonus

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Considering my knowledge of other SUVs and 4x4s / trucks in particular that's a heck of a guess.
I considered getting a second hand SUV and FType at one point but my car not bad now and I'm sticking with it - yours was quite frankly a lemon with far too much not working and too many visits to the dealer.id have done same if so many problems - wouldn't be getting the pickup and don't know what's next.

What are you thinking of getting uprated and Improved?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Mbadger77 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:

What are you thinking of getting uprated and Improved?
Well the exhaust and remap is an OK price and will give me interest a year or so down line, maybe supercharger pulley upgrade as well. Make it more responsive, faster and a bit louder / deeper.
I've also toyed with finding a interior / coachworker at a sensible price to maybe get a more luxury feel into the cabin. It may hurt resale in some ways but will be unique and possibly look and feel a lot better if done properly.

Not sure on that side of things though. Remap and performance much easier and acceptable to do. I have to say though performance is pretty good already but I'm interested to,see how a remap affects and improves the overall experience. I did it with a diesel and it was amazing, made the car much more drivebale and efficient. Petrols don't get the extra MPG unfortunately

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sorry to hear that Carl, I will put my story up later and you can have a read of that mate.
Piers

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Sorry to hear that Carl, I will put my story up later and you can have a read of that mate.
Piers
Pretty gutted really as I loved everything about the car to be fair. Better to have loved and lost I guess??? Defo mate or PM me your story.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
F-Pace S said:
Piers
Pretty gutted really as I lived everything about the car to be fair. Better to have loved and lost I guess??? Defo mate or PM me your story.
Your be back, once they finally get there act together it will all be sorted, were just having a bad ride at present.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts