Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on guys. I read your posts about the adventures you are all having with your new toys. Loads have been delivered in September.
WHERE ARE THEY????
I haven't seen one in September anywhere in Staffordshire or Shropshire. I've even been to The Netherlands and France (on business) and still not seen one.
Are you all hiding them away? In case they get dirty :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
You're right!
10.000km and 4 months on the clock, and i have never seen any F-Pace on the roads in germany yet! Best selling Jag ever? Come on, JLR!
Even more F types are cruising around here...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Timbo62 said:
Come on guys. I read your posts about the adventures you are all having with your new toys. Loads have been delivered in September.
WHERE ARE THEY????
I haven't seen one in September anywhere in Staffordshire or Shropshire. I've even been to The Netherlands and France (on business) and still not seen one.
Mine's filthy, but then I do live in Shropshire. It's not been washed since going to the detailer 4-weeks ago but that's to do with lack of time and the right materials to do it properly (Snowfoam kit and another £100 worth of detailing goodies being delivered tonight).

I've seen a black stealth private ambulance S in Beckbury, an FE with the plate R0DEN or something like that is often to be seen speeding through Shifnal and an Ammonite Portfolio hangs out at traffic lights outside Shifnal. None of these I have ever seen whilst driving mine so I have yet to establish if it's acceptable to 'flash' another FP owner - it was in my Elise ten years ago, it was not in my Evoque.

·
Registered
117 Posts
PaulC said:
Timbo62 said:
WHERE ARE THEY????

I've seen a black stealth private ambulance S in Beckbury, an FE with the plate R0DEN or something like that is often to be seen speeding through Shifnal and an Ammonite Portfolio hangs out at traffic lights outside Shifnal. None of these I have ever seen whilst driving mine so I have yet to establish if it's acceptable to 'flash' another FP owner - it was in my Elise ten years ago, it was not in my Evoque.
I see quite a few up here in West Yorkshire, almost every day, private ambulance version being most common. As a first time Jag owner I also need to know the protocol when seeing a fellow FP owner. Is light flashing too common for Jag owners, also does it have other connotations? . I think I may try a subtle wave and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've seen three in central London (The City) two ammonite one 16 reg the other maybe private couldn't quite see it to read it, one black and 66 reg at lights waiting to run me over ! At home I know of a local first edition, followed them in convoy for a mile or so, much to their and my amusement, this was back in July when they were extremely rare , fairly sure the owner isn't on here (but my local chippy owner knows the guy!) and also one Blue Saphire not sure what the colour is called, it was very nice, they saw me and "flashed" a bit quaint, like MG owners of the 1990's but I responded !

They exist but I think that F-Paces are a bit shy probably because they're "unfinished"...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I picked mine up on Monday :D and I saw 2 on my way home. Both within about 100m of each other and only about 3 miles from home. One of them was a Caesium Blue FE which I believe belongs to a close neighbour.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
PaulC said:
Timbo62 said:
WHERE ARE THEY????
Mine's filthy, but then I do live in Shropshire. It's not been washed since going to the detailer 4-weeks ago but that's to do with lack of time and the right materials to do it properly (Snowfoam kit and another £100 worth of detailing goodies being delivered tonight).

I still have an Elise, and we still flash lights and wave...FP not so sure, maybe for a few months before they explode onto our roads, its more of a subtle smile of acknowledgement in the FP

That said, when I get mine, I will probably get excited and light flash the FP's too!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Earlier this week I drove Bristol -> Kenilworth -> Selby -> Durham -> Bristol (over 3 days) and only saw one F-Pace - and that was a private ambulance version - 3.0D bumbling along under the speed limit on the motorway. I tried to slow down to let it overtake me so I could get another look, but my XF wouldn't go slow enough. What a waste!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Had mine since June and done 4,000 miles across the North of the country (Sheffield to North Yorks, Durham, Preston, Cheshire, Cumbria). Only ever seen 2 on the road, plus a white portfolio that belongs to a member of my son's golf club .... Really want to find another on the road that's going in the same direction as me and do a synchro drive :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did a return trip from Dorset to Elgin in Scotland over the weekend in my Odyssey Red 3.0D S. Was briefly in convoy with an FE on the M5/M6 and saw an Ammonite F-Pace in the Highlands. All in the space of 1300 miles!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Saw a Black Black and all Black version coming out of the Queens Medical University hospital in Nottingham this week so probably been to collect from the mortuary on private ambulance duties. I am old and grumpy and I don't understand this obsession the youngters have with Black cars as it is the most difficult colour to keep clean and dust free.I speak from long experience as my 1954 Black Austin A40 Somerset needs constant cleaning and this is not an everyday use car! Ah well everyone to their own! LOL

·
Registered
142 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
I've seen three in central London (The City) two ammonite one 16 reg the other maybe private couldn't quite see it to read it, one black and 66 reg at lights waiting to run me over ! At home I know of a local first edition, followed them in convoy for a mile or so, much to their and my amusement, this was back in July when they were extremely rare , fairly sure the owner isn't on here (but my local chippy owner knows the guy!) and also one Blue Saphire not sure what the colour is called, it was very nice, they saw me and "flashed" a bit quaint, like MG owners of the 1990's but I responded !

They exist but I think that F-Paces are a bit shy probably because they're "unfinished"...
Don't take mine out very often as I can't afford to keep filling it up with petrol.

I drove to London for a long weekend away and never saw one on the way or surprisingly in London, apart from in a showroom in Mayfair which was next door to some fancy restaurant we were eating in. Plenty of Bentley Bentayga's and Rollers with Kuwait plates though. After we got home I drove 3 miles up the road to the shops and passed one. Don't think it was me in the black 66 plate trying to run you over :shock: as I never drove further into London than Chiswick.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ruski said:
Don't think it was me in the black 66 plate trying to run you over :shock: as I never drove further into London than Chiswick.
No worries, it was a slight exaggeration by me, he was keen to go and not keen to wait for pedestrians crossing at the lights, I therefore assume he's a typical and regular London driver... after a few weeks of driving here, you forget rules of the road and just go.... anything else adds three hours to your day!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spotted 1 in Puerto Banus last week, White 3.0 R-Sport with Gibraltar plates on. Then this week an IRR 2.0 pure that was a SIXT hire car!
Maybe that's where they all went. Hire Cars in Spain.

·
Registered
381 Posts
PaulC said:
Timbo62 said:
WHERE ARE THEY????

UPDATE: I saw two on a short trip from Albrighton to Telford last night (about 5 miles). Both black, one on the opposite side of the M54 and one leaving central Telford. Flashed both (headlights that is), raised a few fingers off the steering wheel but held back at a Mexican wave.....

RESULT - 'FAIL' twice (much embarrassment), clearly not esteemed forum members.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seen a few on my limited travels. Know of one near me in South Staffs. I'm just inside the West Midlands and you won't see mine until next Tuesday when it comes back from detailing. Detailer was taken aback by the 22" rims as he has to do both sides.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Spoke too soon .......Coming out of the car park at Birmingham Airport last night I saw a Black 2.0l. Not sure the flavour but that's the first one I've seen outside of a dealer.
Was it you???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts