Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Could those of you had who had a car to part exchange against the f pace give me a rough idea on when to expect the final valuation. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Most wont give you a guaranteed value outside 2 months of expected delivery.

Even then they seem to drop it when they feel like it.

I had to get rid of mine privately due the above and with a delivery post new reg the value would drop even more...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
My dealer just said don't as he couldn't give me a decent price and I'd honestly get better with WBAC or similar or private.

I've just signed up for tootle

·
Registered
948 Posts
Not against the F Pace but when I part exchanged my first (new model) RRS for the brand new one of the same I was given a figure 4 months ahead of the exchange date.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine was valued 2 weeks before the expected collection date they would not value it before then. I did manage to get a better price than WBAC also a guarantee that if my car was not delivered they would honour the valuation if I had to use my old car for my holiday and put another 2000 miles on it, luckily I did not have to hold them to that and had a great 2 weeks driving thr FP round France

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was told they would give me a PX price 1 month before delivery, i tried WBAC then sold private for £1500 more, but now without a car. Hopefully F pace will come earlier.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine was valued when ordered back in May. My car is a 55 plate so depreciation for next few months until September delivery was taken in to account. Got them to up the offer to more than WBAC and also very close to private sale value at the time. So thought for the sake of £500 less advertising and time wasters and the no hassle option the part exchange was well worth it. It needs 4 new tyres, alloys re conditioned etc so definitely happy with my deal. I did say to them I wouldn't place the order without having a price agreed for my current car so this was part of the package.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi all, my valuation was done at 4 months ahead of delivery... My Evoque was very low miles and in A1 condition ( except from needing a very good clean). :? Was still less than WBAC by around £800... But couldn't be doing with the hassle of tyre kickers either. :roll: At handover they said that prices had fallen due to brexit concerns... but they would absorb cost..... Yeah right !!!, :lol: :lol: anyway probably came out about even... considering no discounts... or freebies beacause of being one of the first non FE cars to be supplied!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Was very surprised with the WBAC offer on mine (£1k more than p/ex and only £2k less than top private sale figure) but my car was in their sweet spot. Excellent condition but a little too old and borderline mileage for the dealer (5 yr old Evoque with 40k miles) so they would put it through auction. Of course with WBAC being owned by NCA there's no auction fees for them so they can better the p/ex deal. In any case got the dealer up to the WBAC price so a good outcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re px value, just went through the exercise today and was £500 less than WBAC, so settled on that figure as collection is sch for 2 Sept, nb there is a price increase only on FP models scheduled 1 Sept. But as delivery will be 2 mths overdue, price kept to Feb order value. Also seems build dates are moving 5 days earlier than estimated, if that helps concerns. Seems delay has been longer on the 3.0l petrol models generally.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My F-Pace is due to be built 2nd week in October. Based on that, the earliest the dealer is interested in seeing my part-ex is in September, after the plate change. Regardless of how good it is, the best they will offer is the CAP "average condition" price as they'll just punt it straight off to auction. Plan to try Tootle, WBAC, etc first.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Having never ordered a new to production car that everyone wants before, it is amusing how much Jaguar, in this case, completely milk the system, really poor part exchange values, no discounts, relatively speaking no deal to be done. Yet, in a year or so's time, when their forecourts are full, they may take a different view and need their customers to feel like they are getting a better deal.

That said, Land Rover have been mightily arrogant for years with the lovely cars they have been selling, so maybe Jag is going the same way.

They offered me a relative pittance for my immaculate 5 series, even WBAC offered more, which is an insult IMO.

All of this said, I almost bought a Tesla Model S, £80k, they won't even take a P/ex, no discount whatsoever, and a 6 month waiting list, so been here before!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just been through the p/x process with my dealer and in line with the above views, I was left disappointed with their offer.. just tried WBAC and they offered £700 more on a 7 year old Golf GT.

waiting for the dealer to call back to see if they can meet it!

also got a price close to WBAC from money4yourmotors.com but they fell short by £50 compared to WBAC.. just wouldn't budge!

would have gone with M4YM if they matched as they come to you to collect and do instant bank transfer

·
Registered
245 Posts
I only signed the order for the new car if they would give me a px price then as to me it's all part of the deal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
jinjin said:
Just been through the p/x process with my dealer and in line with the above views, I was left disappointed with their offer.. just tried WBAC and they offered £700 more on a 7 year old Golf GT.

waiting for the dealer to call back to see if they can meet it!

also got a price close to WBAC from money4yourmotors.com but they fell short by £50 compared to WBAC.. just wouldn't budge!

would have gone with M4YM if they matched as they come to you to collect and do instant bank transfer
If this is the online quote your be lucky to get them to match it they usually pick it to bits to lower the price when they inspect it minus the admin fee it may end up being the same price as the dealers px price, I had M4YM come round for my wife's Mini Cooper 4 year old 6400 mls like new unmarked full main dealer history they offered £8300 online after inspection they offered £ £7750 ( less admin fee) they could find nothing wrong with it and justified the quote by saying the mileage was too low so i thanked him for wasting my time and he left..

·
Registered
688 Posts
the £700 difference was after WBAC inspected it! The dealer got back to me and confirmed they cannot match. he also sen me pics of my car which just arrived with them!

will post pics in the gallery!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I ordered my F Pace on April 20th and the salesman indicated that they would retail my 14 month old Sportbrake for 29955 so I could expect 28k in PX. The F Pace was ordered by H.A FOX but on July 1st Stratstone took over the dealership to comply with JLR policy of combined sales in each location.My new car arrived and I went to do the deal on 25 th July. The dealer principal insulted me by offering £24 250 for my Sportbrake so I got up to leave and told them the deal was off as WBAC had offered me £26150 . After much haggling and unpleasantness they offered me £25850 and they would put a service package on the car which I am still waiting for. I got the hard luck story that they would have to put a warranty on the Sportbrake even though it was only 16 months old now and how the market had dropped since Brexit! My Sportbrake is now on their front at £27850 so no discount off the F Pace and a potential profit of £2000.A customer and the dealer should feel that they both had a win win situation after a deal but I feel cheated and will probably not use Stratstone again as the F Pace was my 6th new Jaguar since 2014 bought through H A Fox.

·
Registered
688 Posts
thats a shame indeed.. I'e been blessed with a great dealer, has been upfront with me from day one so I've always known where I stand with my px, delivery, and whole process from the moment I arranged a test drive..

I did query why my dealer who will use BCA to auction the car are so off WBAC who are owned by them too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts