Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm a new owner of the FPace, it's an amazing car. I love it to bits but I've been on this forum and seen some problems already with the suspension, I'm aware they've released a fix already but I'm wondering when did your car start creaking?

I'm worried about mine :lol:

At 100 miles
At 200 miles
At 300 miles
At 400 miles
At 500 miles

or more?

·
Registered
2 Posts
1000 miles creaking started, in for fix today. Bizarrely courtesy car they gave me has same issue. My local dealership where unaware of issue & that a fix was available, they said was a tailgate issue initially. Many thanks to forum members for solution identified in discussions. Love my F-Pace first edition, amazing car.....,

·
Registered
64 Posts
1300 miles....10 days after I picked it up.....reported to dealer the following day (last Friday)....dealer hadn't heard about the problem...a service guy came round the block with me....only 50m driving needed for him to agree was faulty....booked in for next week to be fixed..(ha fox,Preston)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is there a way to accelerate the creaking other than driving it for x miles? I mean simulate thr creaking by another process? My dealership is far away and i want to be able to see if it will be problematic, the day i will go pick up the car, so that i wont have to drive the car back and forth.

·
Registered
33 Posts
andymiller said:
1300 miles....10 days after I picked it up.....reported to dealer the following day (last Friday)....dealer hadn't heard about the problem...a service guy came round the block with me....only 50m driving needed for him to agree was faulty....booked in for next week to be fixed..(ha fox,Preston)
andymiller - I have my car coming from H.A.Fox Preston - it is a company lease as opposed to a private purchase. How do you find them as a dealer and have the rectified your issue? If you see a DSB 2.0AWD Portfolio Manual in there please ask them if they can apply the fix before they send me the car :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My F-Pace has developed the squeak / creak in the last few days. I've done about 600 miles and it's really odd that it happens more when the car rolls side to side when turning or forward and back when reversing or breaking, rather than when going up and down over bumps. It can be intermittent but is regular enough and loud enough to be really annoying. So will Jaguar fix it?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mine developed it around the 650 miles mark but the next morning it wasn't there then yesterday evening it was there when I started the journey home from work and today it's gone again.

If it continues like this I'll have little hope showing the service guy there's a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
good idea - I will before I take it in to the dealers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My car has just started to creak (near side) after 2500 miles. I called the service department of the dealer who said 'you need to let us have it for a full day. It could be the springs or some spot welds. We need to be in touch with JLR whilst we do it'.
He seemed to know all about the issue and said that the fixes were available. Time will tell.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
kasfranks99 said:
Just been in my first test drive and the test car suspension creaked too. Only from rear drivers side. Drove it with no music on so could hear it loads.
Does anyone know what the actual fix is?

Thanks
Who was the dealer? Seems amazing they wouldn't fix their demonstrators. Makes me weep.

That aside, what was your impressions from the drive?

EDIT - just found your other post!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts