Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy an F-Pace next year when my current lease runs out and have yet to enter a dealership (because I normally end up doing something expensive!! :roll: ) Anyway, I've been looking forward to seeing an F-Pace "in the flesh" on the roads, but as yet not one has come my way. This morning, driving back from a bracing Open Water swim (yes, I'm one of the demographic that'll be ordering an activity key!), a Bentley Bentayga came along in the other direction.

So, I've seen one of those and not a single F-Pace yet ... reckon that makes the F-Pace the more exclusive! :lol: (well sort of!).

Oh, and my passenger's comment was "urrggh, what was that?" - not something he'd have said if I'd had been an F-Pace. £165k and it looks (to my eyes) like Bentley spent about £1.65 on styling the Bentayga.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bentley is far more exclusive due to the price bracket, but the Bentayga is bloody hideous. If looking like you are spending lots of money is more important than having something attractive, then the Bentley is the way to go. If you prefer something slightly more common, but MUCH more attractive and more fun to drive, the Jag is the way to go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
YVR_Pacer said:
Bentley is far more exclusive due to the price bracket,.
Pretty sure RPMK was being ironic!!
Absolutely! :)

YVR_Pacer said:
Bentley is far more exclusive due to the price bracket, but the Bentayga is bloody hideous. If looking like you are spending lots of money is more important than having something attractive, then the Bentley is the way to go. If you prefer something slightly more common, but MUCH more attractive and more fun to drive, the Jag is the way to go.
Agree - strikes me that the Bentley is all about demonstrating that you have a lot of money, but perhaps not so much taste.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I actually don't mind the Bentley's looks, I prefer it to the Q7 that's for sure. One thing about the Bentley that's a given is its technically the most advanced SUV on sale today as well as the most luxurious.

·
Registered
458 Posts
luminated said:
I actually don't mind the Bentley's looks, I prefer it to the Q7 that's for sure. One thing about the Bentley that's a given is its technically the most advanced SUV on sale today as well as the most luxurious.
That's as maybe, but does it have the hillbilly conversion to the underfloor protector?

·
Registered
473 Posts
On the way to Crewe station for the start of the week trip to London I saw three Bentley's yes they are hideous, the other drivers in the queue obviously thought the same from there reactions, I would have a full fat RR every time over one of those. For those who dont know the UK the station it's only about 5 miles from the factory so you quite often see new Bentleys getting a shakedown drive. Therefore a common site unlike the FP, I have still not seen one in Cheshire, Shropshire or Manchester.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts