Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening F Pace enthusiasts

So I've sorted my finance, cleared out my entire ISA, sold the kids toys, and bored my wife senseless with talk of "aluminium gear shift paddles" "Taurus leather seats" and "massive torque"

I don't know what's going on but over the last few days the threads are heading south about the F Pace! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have I made a mistake?

Someone please reassure me that
- the leather is decent,
- the floor mats won't hole in 2 weeks, (I don't wear high heels very often)
- the gap between rear seats and parcel shelf won't render my goods a liability,
- the infotainment system will actually work

. (Because one thing I can confirm about my experience so far is that my local dealers are about as attentitive as a Ryanair stewardess)

·
Registered
948 Posts
2100 miles in and reckon it's the best SUV I've owned so far after owning a Q7, X5 & 6, a few Cayenne over the years and most recently a couple of RRSports.

Sure the ITCP might occasionally have a brain fart but the car as a whole is amazing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Done 3000 miles since the end of July, both my wife and I love it, the biggest problem we have had is sorting out how everything works, our problem not the car.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
ajluker said:
6000 miles in my R Sport since May. Love it - none of the issues you mention and the ICTP works perfectly.
I so happy for you. No really I am. Really delighted. Humph. :evil: :cry:
:mrgreen: :
Likewise!! We ain't bitter!!! :evil:

Seriously, once JLR sort the ICTP out, great. The car is friggin awesome!!!!! Believe me I've had my fair share of shite with mine, but would I want any other car??? BIG FAT NO! Yes we have bonnet and headlight alignment issues nuts n bolts will sort it, parking sensors and ICTP issues not so easy but reliant on JLR to get their act together. I knew of various issues when buying mine, so expected a problem car. My advice buy it spec it to what/ how you need/ can afford (don't bother with TV as it's not dual view and only comes on when statitic so passenger can't watch it during travel - nice one JLR; don't bother with reclining rear seats - bit of a gimmick). Ask away as to people's opinions for colour and options and ask them to explain why?, as that is the determining factor as to the reason they chose something. If it all goes Pete Tong and you can't stand the issues you may (or may not) have, you still have the law on your side to reject the car. Sorry to those that have heard it 2,000 times already :shock: ;)
:lol but I'm in the reject process awaiting final attempts to fix items, if they don't get sorted I'm rejecting the car, not for a cash refund, but for a replacement car!!! If the car was that bad I would walk!!! The car is actually THAT GOOD I still want it!!!! But just want it working!!! JLR will sort this ICTP issue......they have to! Make sure the ICTP and 22" wheels are on the shopping list!!!

You will love it- honestly!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
500 miles in after 3 days, coming from a BMW 5 series 530d and now driving the 2.0d Portfolio in ammonite with privacy glass and memory pack
- love the colour, loving the driving position (1st SUV I have owned)
- fit and finish isn't as good as my BMW was - managed to cut myself on some sharp plastic trim getting the SIM card into the slot in the boot (I don't have the ICTP option).
- Car mats are shite (think we need pictures of premium vs non-premium), leather seats are slightly creased - hoping the seats wear in - they are very comfy however
- Car is 4 cylinder vs 6 of the BMW - very smooth drive, great power (pleasantly surprised by how the car goes, even better when in dynamic mode), it is noisy however in the lowest gears, but have heard this may reduce over time. Steering is great and car handles very well - I feel very secure when driving. Was on the motorway in heavy rain yesterday, wasn't worried at all - in the BMW, would've taken my foot off the pedal somewhat (RWD, lots of torque, run-flats)
- In control touch is not bad - it does what I need it to do, but obviously not as fancy as the ICTP system. No errors or problems with the standard system

That's my mini review - only 3 days in, but really happy with my decision.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm 1250 miles in and LOVE mine - bear in mind that forums are generally a place for people to ask for advice or air grievances so I wouldn't say the overall view here is balanced in that respect.

I do feel for those on here who have had gremlins as I would be absolutely gutted if I was in this position myself. My F Pace isn't without a few blips (bonnet too far over to one side and one headlight washer not working - probably not fitted correctly - both expecting to be rectified without any drama).

Yes, JLR need to up their game on their QC but I LOVE my F Pace and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. It makes me smile every day and the Mrs has never needed to 'pop to the shops to get some biscuits' so often!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Yes people have had issues.

Yes people have had some degree of success on getting there issues resolved.

Not everyone has got issues.

If you ask 99% of the people with issues do they want another car they would say no, they want the Fpace but they want it working.

You are buying a great car just needs a little touch of magic to make it 100%.

G

·
Jagfpacejk said:
If you ask 99% of the people with issues do they want another car they would say no, they want the Fpace but they want it working.
Very true !
But it takes quite a lot of time to solve those issues.
Have my car since May 6 and have reported issues almost immediately. Nothing has been solved yet and I have to insist a lot to get a feedback and my car taking care of.
I've done 11 500 km and I would really love a drive less bouncy and less noisy (have a lot of boring sounds coming from the glove box, the doors and the speakers).

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Mig said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Very true !
But it takes quite a lot of time to solve those issues.
Have my car since May 6 and have reported issues almost immediately. Nothing has been solved yet and I have to insist a lot to get a feedback and my car taking care of.
I've done 11 500 km and I would really love a drive less bouncy and less noisy (have a lot of boring sounds coming from the glove box, the doors and the speakers).
Agree, I have had issues with mine from the moment I picked the car up as well, you just have to keep speaking to the dealer and get them resolved, yes its so annoying to have them when with a new car it should be right but I have had new Audi's, Mitsubishi's and JLR cars and not one has not had an issue or a recall of some sorts, not ideal I know but unless you want a 3-5 year old car where recall's and issues are resolved this is the price we pay for having a new design and new car.

Not defending the issues as like you and others will say it should not happen and I agree 100%.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm absolutely furious that all the above posts were not included in my "Has anyone............................" thread. I'm not sure I like Jaguar drivers anymore and am quite seriously considering canceling my own F-pace, due 6 October, unless there is a noticeable improvement in the integrity of the current owner members of this Forum. I'm going to look around to see who I should complain to in the event that standards don't start to buck up with immediate effect. I could even contemplate complaining to JLR.

·
Registered
50 Posts
DIW said:
I'm absolutely furious that all the above posts were not included in my "Has anyone............................" thread. I'm not sure I like Jaguar drivers anymore and am quite seriously considering canceling my own F-pace, due 6 October, unless there is a noticeable improvement in the integrity of the current owner members of this Forum. I'm going to look around to see who I should complain to in the event that standards don't start to buck up with immediate effect. I could even contemplate complaining to JLR.
Haha I think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, it was a joke Ben, don't worry been a Jag owner for years myself but never worried about receiving a new one until now. Finger crossed I will be able to record my delight with it .............................................but in the proper thread. Take care.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
catwoman said:
corriescar66 said:
the competition.jpg

In case one forgets why we are all going down the F Pace route... :)
I saw this photo a few weeks ago, it's a brilliant picture, one of my favourites . . there's quite simply no contest! :cool:
It is a fab shot..... Cinderella & the three ugly sisters. All the Germanic charm of a road accident...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catwoman said:
corriescar66 said:
the competition.jpg

In case one forgets why we are all going down the F Pace route... :)
I saw this photo a few weeks ago, it's a brilliant picture, one of my favourites . . there's quite simply no contest! :cool:
I think it's been heavily photoshopped. They've taken years off the Q5 and even managed to make the Macan into a looker! ;-)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts