Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you like to see on the expected upcoming F pace SVR
Colour options etc (considering ceisium blue has been used on the first edition) :?:
Engine :?:
Gearbox :?:
Wheels ( 22"s :shock: ) :?:
Seats?
Is it going to be a mini RRS svr :eek: ? Or an SUV F TYPE SVR :?: ?
What do you think :???? :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Waynem said:
What would you like to see on the expected upcoming F pace SVR
Colour options etc (considering ceisium blue has been used on the first edition) :?:
Engine :?:
I imagine it will be the same as all other SVRs but personally I'd love a big V8 diesel with 400hp+
Gearbox :?:
ZF 8sp.... if it ain't broke don't fix it
Wheels ( 22"s :shock: ) :?:
Seats?
Is it going to be a mini RRS svr :eek: ? Or an SUV F TYPE SVR :?: ?
Needs to be a full bloody version
What do you think :???? :lol:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Has there been anything on the rumour front or any indicative time scales / guesses on the SVR version.
Simply put I think they would drop,the 550 V8 from the Ftype
Bigger brakes and adjustments to handling and response
Styling touches on the exterior and maybe a new aggressive darker unique colour and brighter outrageous colour
Special stiched firm leather seats mounded a little more and change the steering wheel
New exhaust and sound of course.

Has anyone test driving the F pace noticed opt he steering wheel is a bit "foamy" just didn't feel right to me.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Definatly has to have the v8 or a v6 with with some clever hybrid power supplement to keep the tree huggers happy.
Very aggressive front and rear bumpers to make way for quad exhausts.
Probably need blistered arches to accommodate widen tracks.
Maybe 24" wheels on lower rubber for increased grip.
Bonnet vents of course!!
Very bright coulor choices.... Just for those hard of hearing!!!
Flat bott steering wheel and quilted race seats,
Maybe if this was to be a halo model... Make it a 3 door variant... But I think the bean counters would need some convincing, as all the completion are 5 door coupe styled.
And NO squeaky bits!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm told: def V8 (but not as fast as RRS SVR), pimped exterior (with vents; think RRS SVR), bigger calipers, possibly a unique colour.

not sure on interior

·
Registered
473 Posts
smash said:
I'm told: def V8 (but not as fast as RRS SVR), pimped exterior (with vents; think RRS SVR), bigger calipers, possibly a unique colour.

not sure on interior
I am debating putting a deposit down when I collect my SC (eventually :D ) I am presuming it will be available by Autumn 2017

I would hope 500bhp V8, keeping 50 below the RRS SVR would keep a degree of separation but I would hope the handling would be better if not as aaccomplished off road thereby playing to the respective brand values.... I wonder if burnt orange would work.....

That is of course underpinned by the fact the politicians haven't managed to deliver a recession due to gross ineptitude :roll: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
948 Posts
smash said:
I'm told £85k
At that price I would pass, good as the F-Pace is the interior quality couldn't command such a price in my opinion, especially when the Macan Turbo is so much cheaper. It about £70K I see it doable, anything over this and I reckon it will sit on forevourts.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes I think 85K would be way too expensive really unless it's dramatically different and special. A 20K extra would sound about right to me then configure extras on top.

The interiors and levels of finish in the F Pace are just about OK. It's not sumptuous luxury or really great interior parts and features. It's ok and nice enough for the price range - just about. Some of the plastic and bits are ok but like the older XFs will age quite quickly and look a bit cheap,
The plastic around the back door is awful if you don't have black

Let's see. I would expect it probably is 80K plus as people will buy it but I would expect and much improved interior and feel to the car.

·
Registered
948 Posts
My gut is telling me between £65-70k somewhere, engine wise I would prefer them to kept a V6 though maybe switch from SC to turbos and give it approx. 470hp, that way weight won't increase especially over the nose and handling remains crisp. Regarding its interior I think the could cover the hard plastic areas with hide which would dramatically improve the feel of luxury .

One thing the car could really benefit from is bigger brakes, compared to my RRSport the FP feels a little under braked despite weight considerably less so beefing up the brakes is a must for the SVR.

Might put a deposit down and wait to see price and spec, only then will I stick with it or pull the plug and look for something else.

·
Registered
473 Posts
luminated said:
My gut is telling me between £65-70k somewhere, engine wise I would prefer them to kept a V6 though maybe switch from SC to turbos and give it approx. 470hp, that way weight won't increase especially over the nose and handling remains crisp. Regarding its interior I think the could cover the hard plastic areas with hide which would dramatically improve the feel of luxury .

One thing the car could really benefit from is bigger brakes, compared to my RRSport the FP feels a little under braked despite weight considerably less so beefing up the brakes is a must for the SVR.

Might put a deposit down and wait to see price and spec, only then will I stick with it or pull the plug and look for something else.
When sorting paper work out for mine yesterday i asked about putting a deposit down the salesman said its approx 2 years to release of the SVR and he said engine will be new straight six itanium, CAR mag said that engine would have 300/400/500bhp variants so must be twin turbo on 500bhp version....

·
Registered
948 Posts
The Gman said:
luminated said:

When sorting paper work out for mine yesterday i asked about putting a deposit down the salesman said its approx 2 years to release of the SVR and he said engine will be new straight six itanium, CAR mag said that engine would have 300/400/500bhp variants so must be twin turbo on 500bhp version....
2 years would work for me, hopefully price won't rise about the £70k mark otherwise I'll have to decline. Inline 6 is a great engine configuration, ultra smooth and perfectly balanced.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think they should introduce a new variant of the f pace (if they used there heads(don't hold your breath)) :oops: Just before the 3years is up to give you something to trade on to :eek: :shock: :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts