Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to work out what I want on my new F Pace but the list is getting a bit expensive. I would therefore be grateful for opinions on which of these are useful and if I have missed any that I should think about.
10 way electric seats, In control touch pro, adaptive cruise control, power fold mirrors, rear view camera, adaptive suspension, electric lumbar support, lane keep assist, panoramic sun roof (opening) and electric towbar.
Thanks

·
Registered
688 Posts
Im not driving continually on motorways so I didn't have a need for adaptive cruise and the lane keep assist. No towing for me either so all those options were easy to discount. I say the outings around depend on how much you will drive and how and where

·
Registered
143 Posts
Have you considered the 3.0d S? Most of the options you mention are standard on that model. By the time you add the extras the cost may not be much more. Extras are a personal choice but I would not go for adaptive cruise or lane assist. Just have regular coffees on a long journey :D The 14 way seats give you lumbar adjust but I also think that is standard on the 3.0d. I didn't go for the opening roof. Didn't like the central bar and didn't think I would use it. Don't forget the cup holder cover for £50. As I say, extras are a personal choice.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My opinions are as below, but end of day it's your cash and you are the one driving it.... Also remember that a heap of optional extra's adds loads to the price of the car that materialises in next to nothing when selling/trading in ... Also if you are doing a PCP then upgrading to something like the S (that has many options as standard) is better as they are in the list price of the car and therefore reflected in the future value of the car at end of term, so reducing/minimising what you pay monthly.

Leave out:

I would think twice about the lane assist - If you don't indicate on motorways EVERY TIME when changing lanes then becomes a bit of a pain to the point that you quickly turn off. Panoramic sunroof is somewhat of a waste (IMHO) as a) You actually sit forwards of the opening, so what's the benefit; b) It requires a cross bar to be in the roof which detracts from the lines/view from back seats; c) It's something to leak and rattle - Just go for a straight Panoramic roof and save £300. Adaptive cruise control ? - Like to be in control myself thank-you

Consider:

LED Headlights - They are pretty damn good, create a different look to front of car and have a number of features (auto dip, cornering function etc); Privacy Glass - depending on main body colour then gives car a better look, plus better security on what left in back/boot; Wheels!!!! For me it has to be 22's; Don't forget the biggest thing written about on the forum - The cup holder cover :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Completely disagree about the opening sunroof vs solid panoramic. I was in two minds about it but thought that for £300 extra (portfolio) it was as cheap as chips.

The roof bar quite honestly is neither here nor there as it is quite slim and unobtrusive.

I haven't had a "sunroof" for years but I'm glad that I did, I absolutely love it. I don't really know why, I just do. I'm really pleased I went for this option. I like it much more than I thought I ever would and I have used it regularly. Just to confirm, it is not behind your head, it is directly over it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you are not the only one driving it then you will need memory seats. Blind spot monitoring is also really useful and of course you have got to have the cup holder cover.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
catalyst said:
Completely disagree about the opening sunroof vs solid panoramic. I was in two minds about it but thought that for £300 extra (portfolio) it was as cheap as chips.

The roof bar quite honestly is neither here nor there as it is quite slim and unobtrusive.

I haven't had a "sunroof" for years but I'm glad that I did, I absolutely love it. I don't really know why, I just do. I'm really pleased I went for this option. I like it much more than I thought I ever would and I have used it regularly. Just to confirm, it is not behind your head, it is directly over it.
+1

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I thought there would be some memory settings (2) on the S with the 10way seats but seems not. I've got the climate front seats and heated rear as well. Love the air con front seats for summer.

The practicality pack may be one that gets overlooked. Gesture tail gate, cooled glove box and rear seat release lever (should be standard FFS) and air quality monitoring - wasn't that expensive from memory.

Blind spot and the control pro big screen ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
david1rich said:
I am trying to work out what I want on my new F Pace but the list is getting a bit expensive. I would therefore be grateful for opinions on which of these are useful and if I have missed any that I should think about.
10 way electric seats, In control touch pro, adaptive cruise control, power fold mirrors, rear view camera, adaptive suspension, electric lumbar support, lane keep assist, panoramic sun roof (opening) and electric towbar.
Thanks
Assume you are ordering a 2.0d, UK spec, therefore......

10 way seats, if you are mainly the only one driving it you will hardly ever use them, if not then they still don't have the memory function, so maybe something you can miss off or upgrade to the 14 way with memory.

In control touch pro, yes, yes, yes, looks very swish and with added features

Adaptive cruise & keep lane assist..... maybe if you are a constant motorway driver

Power mirrors & rear view camera, nice but not necessary

Adaptive suspension, in my opinion, must for higher powered vehicles 3.0d & SC, not sure it's needed on a 2.0 d???

Electric lumbar, no, unless you have a very bad back???

Opening pan roof, YES, but only if you will use it and almost every car I have had for the last 20 years has had an opening roof and none have rattled or leaked!

Electric tow bar, yes, if you tow, very nice.

Everyone's options are personal and for their own circumstances or vanity but if I was limited to 3 on the FP it would be privacy glass, Incontrol touch pro and wheels, in that order..... I think, it's been so long since I ordered I have forgotten what's available.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In my opinion, important things to have are ICTP (much much better than the standard ICT), sliding panoramic sunroof (or fixed at the very least), powerfold mirrors (it is a wide car).

Things not to bother with, again in my opinion) are lane keep assist (if you need assistance to keep in a lane you should not be on the road!), HUD (the same info is located on the digital dash a few inches away), heated steering wheel, heated windscreen (the zig zag elements are a real distraction, plus you can use the app to remotely preheat/defrost you car anyhow), electric/memory seats (if you are the only or predominant driver), any type of parking pack (i ordered but have never used it, regret this decision in hindsight) and LED lights (the xenons give a meaner look, work perfectly well and don't blind oncoming traffic/pedestrians).

Then spend the cash you would have spent on a nice paint job and alloys (20s are perfectly adequate when you factor in the extra costs associated with the 22). Some things nice to have and you will use/play with are mood lighting (but not enough colours!), rear camera (an extra on its own for not that much), privacy glass and the cup cover which nicely hides away your spare change :D .

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thats very close to my spec and i agree on almost everything. ICTP pro yes, panoramic roof yes not bothered about sliding didnt leak but had issues with water causing creaking noise when frozen in winter, really irritates, and as per someone else the bar in the middle spoils the flow of the glass roof. Power fold mirrors yes although little disappointed at the logo projected on to the ground, not as eye catching as i had hopped. Didnt spec lane assist in the same mind there , same goes for blind spot monitoring if you arnt observant enough shouldnt be driving. HUD same again its a nice gadget but the instrument cluster is noticeable in arc of vision when you look at it. I speced cold climate pack , give the kids heated seats in the back electric windscreen came with it and steering wheel, but not essential in my opinion.
Didnt go for electric seats im the only driver and they add a big chunk of weight to the car when you look in to it, affects overall performance... Same with the Xenons i prefer the look and the light output is easily as good, although they do use a few amps more power from your alternator hence a slight mpg loss, you can see that on the eco screen as to how efficient the car is mpg wise with more stuff gadgets etc switched on.
Rear camera a must as i have a caravan dont want to ding my bumper when hooking up. parking assists gadgets dont need , used on past cars and after novelty wore off hardly used again.
Adaptive dynamics a gadget in my opinion no matter what car maybe the weight of the 3.0d needs it to help stop the roll on bends the 2.0d probably not, is an amazingly agile car and quite light for its size.

Mood lighting had in another vehicle found i usually defaulted to the standard background colour anyway , not a big fan of privacy glass had that before and i feel spoils the flow of the car as it ends behind the driver widow. I think it seems to work on darker coloured vehicles but the lighter ones the windows look dark and more uniform when non privacy glass.
I went for 20" wheels for exactly the same reason also the black Venoms look great to me on my car. Wheels are subjective depends what your roads are like where you drive and what you might be doing with your vehicle. Not sure if you can get decent winter tyres for 22" wheels.

·
Registered
948 Posts
There's two opinions on spec needed, one sights what you desire and the other what is necessary to improve it's market desirability and ultimately resale value, I'm of the opinion you should sit somewhere in between this.

Must haves.

Black pack if you have picked a light colour along with 20" black rims, 22" are a luxury that IMO won't add any value come resale.

Memory seats : most partners drive the car too and more often than not your partner is either shorter/taller than you.

Front Parking sensors: It's a big car and one hit at the front will cover the cost of their purchase plus it will help resale.

Adaptive Suspension: Without trying the standard setup I can only guess how good it is but experiencing the adaptive one I know it's exceptional.

Everything else is a luxury IMO but some like sunroof, ICTP and 22" rims will all help it's desirability.

Items like the HUD, adaptive cruise control, electric rear seats are worthless in my opinion, I've driven the brother's M5 at length over the last 30 months and HUD is a gimmack... anything other than just the speed being displayed becomes a distraction. Adaptive cruise is wonderful I know as it's in the wife's GTI and might be more desirable in areas where queuing is likely but at the price Jag are asking I think it will add little to nothing come resale and as for the rear seat recline :lol: .... what a waste.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Shaunyt said:
same goes for blind spot monitoring if you arnt observant enough shouldnt be driving.
People really do seem to miss the point of BSM.

It is an extremely effective device for telling you when a vehicle is in your blind spot .. i.e. it can't be seen from a mirror! It works brilliantly. I've had it for 5 years on my Evoque and it makes lane changing a much less stressful affair. Rear visibility on the Evoque is very poor without aids. It's a little better on the FP.

However where the BSM on the FP excels is it will monitor any traffic/movement to the rear travelling across the direction of the car BEFORE it would be in your field of view. If you are reversing out of a parking bay, or backing out of a driveway onto a street it will detect and warn of pedestrians and vehicles before it would be possible to see them. It's very effective, and anyone who thinks they are more "observant" that this technology doesn't understand how it works.

·
Registered
458 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Shaunyt said:
same goes for blind spot monitoring if you arnt observant enough shouldnt be driving.

It is an extremely effective device for telling you when a vehicle is in your blind spot .. i.e. it can't be seen from a mirror! It works brilliantly. I've had it for 5 years on my Evoque and it makes lane changing a much less stressful affair. Rear visibility on the Evoque is very poor without aids. It's a little better on the FP.

However where the BSM on the FP excels is it will monitor any traffic/movement to the rear travelling across the direction of the car BEFORE it would be in your field of view. If you are reversing out of a parking bay, or backing out of a driveway onto a street it will detect and warn of pedestrians and vehicles before it would be possible to see them. It's very effective, and anyone who thinks they are more "observant" that this technology doesn't understand how it works.
+1

What he said !

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pos.k said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Shaunyt said:

+1

What he said !
I think if you read your highway code

Laws RTA 1988 sects 34, 41a, 42, 47, 63, 66 & 156, HA 1835, sect 72, R(S)A sect 129, &
VERA Ss 1, 29, 31A, & 43A
Using the road
1.General rules
159.Before moving off you should
 use all mirrors to check the road is clear
 look round to check the blind spots (the areas you are unable to see in the
mirrors)
 signal if necessary before moving out
 look round for a final check.
Move off only when it is safe to do so.

As per the many quotes about failing parking sensors, so can blind spot detection

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
What does it say about braking distance from 70mph? :lol:
Some of us still drive Ford Anglias so it is still relevant! :lol:

On the subject of wheels, I was concerned about ride quality of 22" over 20.... Until I measured the side wall height & found it was exactly the same as the 20" on my RRS ~80mm. Hence why they are quite forgiving for the size of rim....

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
catwoman said:
Aye, an' back in my day it was just "mirror, signal, manoeuver" ;)

(cardboard box?...you were lucky, we used to dreeeam of livin' in't middle o't'road!)
I saw in the accessories you could specify a man with a red flag to walk in front of your FPace.... You could also give him your mug to hold in lieu of cupholders....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts