Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few bits in mine, but I find a 99p toilet brush from Tesco, one of the best additions I even had. Great for getting in those alloys and giving a good scrub (please note don't use it on the paint work!)

I have a couple of DODO JUICE YETI WASH MITT's I find them super soft and excellent for a good shampoo.
I got some of this off a friend - CHEMICAL GUYS AFTER WASH DRYING AID - and I was amazed how well it got the water moving from the body work on my old car.

Obviously I have a couple of buckets and a few other bits, but I wondered what quirky stuff, like a toilet brush, do you use.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just use a plain old boring synthetic big sponge just for the wheels. As for the body I use Meguiars microfibre mitts with one Marigold gold glove, underneath to keep my hands nice and smooth :cool: , one for the top half and another mitt just for the more dirty bottom half. Meguiars shampoo and carnauba wax to finish off. Drying I only use 100% microfibre cloths not with chamois leather like I used to. No toilet brushes in sight :lol:

·
Registered
688 Posts
my car was kit consists one of of these every few months!

http://www.wowfactors.ltd.uk/mini_valet.php *

* Jinjin is not associated in any with with wow factors. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Joemax said:
I just use a plain old boring synthetic big sponge just for the wheels. As for the body I use Meguiars microfibre mitts with one Marigold gold glove, underneath to keep my hands nice and smooth :cool: , one for the top half and another mitt just for the more dirty bottom half. Meguiars shampoo and carnauba wax to finish off. Drying I only use 100% microfibre cloths not with chamois leather like I used to. No toilet brushes in sight :lol:
I second Maguiars products for all my car washing and detailing of the car including there detailing machines, mops, Polish everything.

Yes it costs a lot more but I like to keep my car scratch free.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
That's why I buy white cars ... they are naturally scratch free ... so I let Matej and Cristiano do their worst (actually they do a very good job) at the local car valeters.

·
Registered
688 Posts
the guys I use are vey good mobile valeters. They're one of a small number of approved mobile GTECHNIQ detailers and with their mini valet, they come to me and even bring their own de-ionised water!

ok it costs £30 but every couple of months it does the job for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For my monthly, I use a foam gun with CG HoneyDew Snow Foam and a micro-chenille wash mitt. For weekly, I use a waterless, Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless with lots of MF towels. This stuff is awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
karl1672 said:
For weekly, I use a waterless, Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless with lots of MF towels. This stuff is awesome.
you lost me after you mentioned Weekly wash!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Two buckets with gritguards, gtechniq foam prewash, two lambswool mits and gwash shampoo.
plenty of water. NO SPONGES.

·
Registered
36 Posts
rsport_paul said:
karl1672 said:
For weekly, I use a waterless, Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless with lots of MF towels. This stuff is awesome.
I know I'm a bit anal, but I do a weekly wipe down with the waterless (under 30 minutes) and monthly wash (1 hour). Got to keep that ammo shining :D About the only exercise I've been getting lately.

Climate has something to do with it too.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
karl1672 said:
rsport_paul said:
karl1672 said:
I may be a bit anal, but I do a weekly wipe down (under 30 minutes) and monthly wash (1 hour). Got to keep that ammo shining :D About the only exercise I've been getting lately.
Thats not anal at all, i feel really bad now and when i clean mine its normal to be 2-3 hours but this is once a month.

With the Maguiars kit the normal day to day grim comes off with a quick wash over 2 to 3 times a week which takes 10 to 15 minutes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If anyone is interested I could put a kit together (with forum permission)

This is one of the things I do.

I have a bundle running on local forums over here where I offer a Microfibre wash mitt (made in the same factory as the gTechniq mitt) for the body.

A Microfibre wheel glove which is brilliant for getting around the spokes etc. and finished off with a Microfibre waffle weave drying towel which dries far better than unsafe chamois which leave scrapes etc. in paintwork and will not marr the paint.

All comes in a handy mesh bag for keeping them all together and you can then hang up to dry

I'm selling these here in NI for £30

View attachment 2968

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
With the Maguiars kit the normal day to day grim comes off with a quick wash over 2 to 3 times a week which takes 10 to 15 minutes.
wow . . :lol: . . even I don't do mine that many times a week, and I'm an absolute stickler about keeping mine looking clean !!!! :eek:

. . well, okay, I admit I do have to give the wheel arches a quick but thorough blast with the hose after almost every journey home, 'cos the track up to 'cat towers' is sooo sticky and cruddy with gooey muddy stuff that otherwise the car starts to accumulate great wads of unsightly muddy cling-ons in the arches and around the mudflaps if I don't get it all rinsed off whilst it's still fairly soft and wet . . the joys of living in the countryside!! :shock: :lol:

. . . but a proper wash at least once a fortnight is something I actually really look forward to doing . . pressure washer blast over, to shift any really stubborn particles and grime first, then just two buckets of clean warm water, two microfibre wash mitts (one each for upper bodywork and lower panels) and finally a dry and gentle polish off with microfibre cloths, maybe an application of poorboys wheel sealant every other time . . . in an attempt to help the gorgeous diamond cut wheels resist succumbing to the dreaded creeping 'white-worm', particularly from exposure to winter road salts at this time of year . . . that's it, job done! . . stand back and admire . . . then take it out and start all over again!! :lol: :p

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So, when I have finished with my day job which is intellectually challenging, I just love taking time outside to just quietly clean the car. I love it, so.......

- snow foam power pre-wash
- two bucket main wash system with lambs wool mitt and noodle mitt + brush
- Poorboys shampoo
- Various Poorboys, Blackfire & Autoglym gentle polishes, waxes and finishing chemical concoctions
- Bilt & Hammer soft clay bar
- Tyre dressing
- soft, massive microfibre drying towel
- a pile of smaller microfibre towels, application pads etc.
- leather cleaner and conditioner
- wheel wax to protect the gorgeous alloys

My garage is a shrine to the concept of a 'Man Cave'.

Is it worth it? Well, I find it therapeutic. But I also get a tremendous return on investment. Come private sale time, I simply show potential buyers the shelving with all of the valeting products, get my son to testify that his Dad is a perfectionist and a little mad and then........ voila, they buy the car for much much more than dealer trade in - on my XC90 we achieved £4.8k more than we were offered by the dealer as part-ex by using eBay motors.

Regards, Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Arianne said:
So, when I have finished with my day job which is intellectually challenging, I just love taking time outside to just quietly clean the car. I love it, so.......

- snow foam power pre-wash
- two bucket main wash system with lambs wool mitt and noodle mitt + brush
- Poorboys shampoo
- Various Poorboys, Blackfire & Autoglym gentle polishes, waxes and finishing chemical concoctions
- Bilt & Hammer soft clay bar
- Tyre dressing
- soft, massive microfibre drying towel
- a pile of smaller microfibre towels, application pads etc.
- leather cleaner and conditioner
- wheel wax to protect the gorgeous alloys

My garage is a shrine to the concept of a 'Man Cave'.

Is it worth it? Well, I find it therapeutic. But I also get a tremendous return on investment. Come private sale time, I simply show potential buyers the shelving with all of the valeting products, get my son to testify that his Dad is a perfectionist and a little mad and then........ voila, they buy the car for much much more than dealer trade in - on my XC90 we achieved £4.8k more than we were offered by the dealer as part-ex by using eBay motors.

Regards, Arianne
We sound one and the same, when i part ex my car at Harwoods they gave me a better deal as the sales man said he has not seen a car look like new after 3 years like mine, he said it looked like it had just been driven off the production line.

He thinks i am like you a serial car perfectionist, i always tell them when my car goes to them for work, never and i repeat never clean my car. :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts