Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everone's info, in this months What Car it says on page 53 the F Pace is reviewed in next months mag due out on Thursday 7th April.

Slowly slowly the info will come......
Habxxx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Habxxx said:
For everone's info, in this months What Car it says on page 53 the F Pace is reviewed in next months mag due out on Thursday 7th April.

Habxxx
nice find, That's good if the review stinks I still have the chance to pull my order.

I'm waiting on a FE and was told several months ago that I had been allocated one but I still have no confirmed order. My dealer states the FE is not on the Jaguar system so they can't produce a proper order form.

I only have a letter of intent and receipt for £1,000 - Good news if the review stinks I will get my £1,000 back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Under their "next month" column it says

New Jaguar F-Pace Driven - First Verdict on Jag's first ever SUV

It's coming........

Now I'm off to test drive the new XF 3d S to see if the engine is as good as I'm told!!!!!
Andy

·
Registered
948 Posts
pacmeoff said:
Habxxx said:

Habxxx
nice find, That's good if the review stinks I still have the chance to pull my order.

I'm waiting on a FE and was told several months ago that I had been allocated one but I still have no confirmed order. My dealer states the FE is not on the Jaguar system so they can't produce a proper order form.

I only have a letter of intent and receipt for £1,000 - Good news if the review stinks I will get my £1,000 back.
I doubt the review will be anything other than very complimentary based on opinions of the CE and XF, both these have been praised for their class leading handling prowess and steering feel. As for some suspect interior trim as long as it's in areas seldom touched I haven't a problem because all brands are reviewing the importance of absolute quality in the same areas.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Habxxx said:
Under their "next month" column it says

New Jaguar F-Pace Driven - First Verdict on Jag's first ever SUV

It's coming........

Now I'm off to test drive the new XF 3d S to see if the engine is as good as I'm told!!!!!
Andy
Oh oh, if you were planning to go for the 2.0 you're about to change your mind!!!!! :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
At the Castle Bromwich event I was told by the event manager that reviews would be early April (first 2 weeks). Don't quote me on this but I'm sure he said they are taking place somewhere in South America but I may have missed heard that with all the hustle and bustle going on at the event.

·
Registered
948 Posts
pacmeoff said:
At the Castle Bromwich event I was told by the event manager that reviews would be early April (first 2 weeks). Don't quote me on this but I'm sure he said they are taking place somewhere in South America but I may have missed heard that with all the hustle and bustle going on at the event.
He might have said South Africa instead as someone here said TopGear are supposedly testing it there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes Top Gear were in South Africa, Durban and surrounding area to be exact, Chris Evans let it slip on his radio show, said he was in a bar watching rugby with Eddie Jordan, although didnt mention what they were doing there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to Chris Evans car column in the Mail on Sunday Event supplement, he was about to travel out to Durban, South Africa with the Top Gear team, quoting 'Hopefully to return with an entertaining film about Jaguar's pioneering new F-Pace SUV' and 'Not only with regards to the challenges we and South Africa's wilderness have in store, but more so because it's playmates are none other than the luxurious nine speed Mercedes GLC 250d and the SUV speed record holder, the 142mph Porsche Macan'.
Can't wait for that to be screened on the 'BBC,' as I understand it the first of only six episodes will be screened as from 22nd May, and sod's law the F-Pace film will appear on the very last episode!!. Keen to see how it proves itself up against its German rivals.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im sure it will come out well against all of the competition, as an all rounder? The GLC 250d V the 2.0 ltr F-Pace will have it licked in performance as well as MPG (if the Ingenium Discovery Sport engine is anything to go by) although the Jag weighs 180 Kgs less and is 139 Co against 143 in the Merc if you fit the 20" wheels! But the Jag has a bigger boot. As far as the 3.0 Ltr engine Macan is concerned the Jag should be able to hold its own and again has a much bigger boot and more room for passengers in the back......I must admit if there was enough room in the boot for my Great Dane I would be driving one now as the demo car I went out in last year was extremely impressive along with the MPG considering the performance. The only problem with the Porsche is the optional extras do add a stonking amount to the bottom line if like me you like your toys.....but there again the Jag F-Pace has followed suit if my spec is anything to go by!!....Let battle commence!

I am as you have probably gathered a "newby" to the F-Pace Forum but am a car nut and looking forward to driving the F-Pace, hopefully Mid April? Having first seen it at the launch in Frankfurt and then again at one of the launch events at Goodwood it has grown on me after not being quite sure about the size of the front grill?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.