Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving for 40 years and riding motorbikes for 20 and had a first today....

Near Chester there is an steep uphill dual carriageway and I properly let rip having achieved 500 miles, at the lights three bikers stopped by the side of me , I was third in the queue and I wondered if I had upset them :shock: but no, they lifted there visors and congratulated me on the exhaust howl at full chat from the SC.

A definite first being being told by anyone they like the sound of my car, they were impressed with the SC, given they were on my tail and we were all potentially a little over the national speed limit :oops: :oops: :oops: and with helmets on at speed it must have made quite an impression, I think that's quite an accolade.....

Drove for an hour this evening to deliver Prossecco to SWMBO at her weekend riding club camp :shock: :lol:, left it in Dynamic, wow it certainly shifts appreciably faster than my 53 plate Boxster S, and it handles, the Prossecco arrived shaken I arrived stured.

I am as happy as my Gloucster Old Spots in there mud wallow :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yeay, excellent news... Having given away my fabulous RRS this eve, for next to nothing, I really, really hope the FPace S/C will be worth the wait & wont be a problem child... First time I've ever wished for October before summer is over... GMan, what do you think the difference (apart from noise) is over 3.0 diesel?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
corriescar66 said:
Yeay, excellent news... Having given away my fabulous RRS this eve, for next to nothing, I really, really hope the FPace S/C will be worth the wait & wont be a problem child... First time I've ever wished for October before summer is over... GMan, what do you think the difference (apart from noise) is over 3.0 diesel?
I have not spent a lot of time in the 3ltr diesel, just a 20 minute test drive, but have been driving. 3ltr diesel A5 Quattro before getting the SC.

Differences, initial pickup in any gear is not as instant, But we are talking fractions of a second, thereafter the performance is astonishing for an SUV it is much more brutal than the diesel in out and out acceleration and the noise is joyous, oh and the MPG will be half! :lol: :lol: :D :shock:

If you were driving behind a well driven diesel I suspect it would require you to be in dynamic and on the paddles to out drag it emerging from a corner, but as the numbers say it faster :twisted:

Am I glad about my choice yes, the diesel is a great car so is the SC they are different because of the different engine characteristics, to be honest if I was a daily commuter and lots of town traffic I would have bought the diesel. My car sits at a mainline station 4 days a week whilst I am away I have a 45 mile hack each way to the station and then I drive on fast A roads or wriggly Welsh A roads at the weekend, it is just perfect for this.

The only other car I have owned that has put a similar smile on my face was my hairdresser Boxster S :mrgreen: in short it is an intoxicating drive :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I should try a forum vacation. Just getting more jealous as another delay kicks in for mine.
By September though....

I'm also jealous of your location. Used to live up near Chester / Wales and so much less traffic and big open roads

You couldn't wait for the full run in period :) is it 3000km or 1800 miles !!!!
That's about 4 months for me so sod that - you have a warranty right ?? :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well they said no running in period, so I gave it 500 miles :shock: :shock: still not absolutely flooring it 3/4 throttle revs now up from 4.5k to 6k rpm not red lining it until 1000 miles... :roll: so being sort of sensible :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The Gman said:
Well they said no running in period, so I gave it 500 miles :shock: :shock: still not absolutely flooring it 3/4 throttle revs now up from 4.5k to 6k rpm not red lining it until 1000 miles... :roll: so being sort of sensible :D :D :D
Oh ok. Just seen other quote the manual for 1800 miles etc.
I'm with you I won't be waiting 1800 miles I can tell you that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.