Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that my local dealer HA Fox Nottingham is now Stratstone and Stratstone Derby is now HA Fox- my order is with HA Fox Nottingham but I have had no contact to let me know of the change :eek:

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
It's really quite dizzying how the Dealers chop and change almost at the drop of a hat. The same sort of thing has happened to two dealers in my part of the country too. Just a thought, but I would get in contact with yours and ask for an update on your order status, just to be on the safe side that someone still knows what is going on there. No point leaving it in the lap of the Gods :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jaguar have been going through a brand consolidation exercise, the longer term objective being all JLR products on a single site. To do this the dealers having been swapping the showrooms around. In Cheltenham for example HA Fox have become Stratstone and Foxes have taken all their stock with them so Stratstone are left with 1 FE model and nothing else to show or demonstrate. Staffing appears to be unchanged. Stratstone have a LR outlet near Cheltenham and at sometime will consolidate all brands onto one site. I hate to think how the paperwork works in the meantime. My 3L DS was built last week but is still showing delivery of 19 August, I can only pray for sanity

·
Registered
33 Posts
My car was built in May, just before the Whitsun break. I confirmed this with the scheduling manager at JLR before chasing the dealer (when my expected date of 30th June came and went) who told me on the 5th July that is was "en route" and due on the 11th (as shipping to the UK had been delayed!!!!!!). When I hadn't heard anything by today I contacted the dealer who said that they had had some unavoidable delays in transport but that she had confirmed with JLR that it had been moved onto a transporter today.

I work for TATA and have plenty of contacts in JLR who I am feeding this forum's information to regarding the issues being faced by members - the issue of the dealer network was one highlighted to them in an internal assessment 4 years ago - it doesn't seem they have done much since then. :roll:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Vetinari said:
My car was built in May, just before the Whitsun break. I confirmed this with the scheduling manager at JLR before chasing the dealer (when my expected date of 30th June came and went) who told me on the 5th July that is was "en route" and due on the 11th (as shipping to the UK had been delayed!!!!!!). When I hadn't heard anything by today I contacted the dealer who said that they had had some unavoidable delays in transport but that she had confirmed with JLR that it had been moved onto a transporter today.

I work for TATA and have plenty of contacts in JLR who I am feeding this forum's information to regarding the issues being faced by members - the issue of the dealer network was one highlighted to them in an internal assessment 4 years ago - it doesn't seem they have done much since then. :roll:
Sadly it seems the "system" relies on the dealer checking it's built and then "calling it down" I.e. Asking for it to be delivered until they do that it will sit in a compound.....

Given I am a management consultant and fix broken processes like this for the day job, frankly it wouldn't be hard to do, it says to me Jaguar can't be ar*ed trying to fix it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Gman said:
Vetinari said:

Sadly it seems the "system" relies on the dealer checking it's built and then "calling it down" I.e. Asking for it to be delivered until they do that it will sit in a compound.....

Given I am a management consultant and fix broken processes like this for the day job, frankly it wouldn't be hard to do, it says to me Jaguar can't be ar*ed trying to fix it!
Yes, this is defo the process as my dealer assumed that auto-call-down should have happened so have missed 4 days where it could have been on the transporter - fingers crossed it'll be here this weekend rather than next :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was devistated to learn that H A FOX Inchcape were being sold to Stratstone as the reputation of Stratstone as Jaguar dealers is not good with contributors around several forums. Having dealt with H A FOX Nottingham since 2004 they have been excelent both in sales and service and I am hoping that as some of the key staff are retained that they will be the exception for Stratstone.As correctly stated it is JLR policy to have combined sites for Jaguar and Land Rover so new buildings are to be constructed in Nottingham and Derby for the combined operation in the future. My soon expected F PACE was ordered by H A Fox in April but the sale will be handled by Stratstone so I hope everything will go smoothly but I was not given a trade in price for my Sportbrake because of the takeover so I hope that I will not have a battle on July 25th.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hydra jaws - I am in exactly the same position having just bought my Sportbrake at the end of its PCP- I always liked the sales and service staff at HA Fox Nottingham and as you say Stratstone do not have a good reputation - fingers crossed that there is some continuity and staff retention

·
Registered
33 Posts
Vetinari said:

After a few chasing phone calls this morning I have had confirmation that my car will be arriving next Thursday morning so I will have 2.5 days to play with the manual box and post some initial thoughts of the cat v the A5 Quattro before flying off to India for a week. Not sure which will be the more frustrating - the 6 months waiting to receive it or the 6 days I will be apart from it!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I really hope that you find that the manual gearbox on your F Pace is different to that fitted to the XE. I refused to drive the XE any further on one of the Jaguar XEdrive days as the ratios were all wrong and the car felt as if it was going to stall when changing up the box. Your comments after driving would be welcome.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a short personlised registration which will fit on a 12"X 6" numberplate.Since 1999 I have used this size plate on every new car I have purchased so I obtained the USA front plinth for the F Pace so that it would fit to the front bumper.My dealer knows they are under threat of death not to drill the bumper to fit the UK size plinth. They did this on my Sportbrake a year ago and they had to swap the front bumper from another new car as they could not hide the holes they had drilled. Yes it is perfectly legal to have any size plate you like, large or small as long as the letters and numbers conform to regulation size which mine do.

·
Registered
473 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Cool! What's the largest UK combination that will fit? Mine is V8xxx wonder if that would work?
Aren't you being a bit of cad? It's a V6 :D :D :D :?

It's a bit like saying hello ladies I've got a Porsche and you lead them out to the 944 rather than the 911 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry couldnt resist :mrgreen:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes your number would work. Mine is A 7 XXX

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The Gman said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Cool! What's the largest UK combination that will fit? Mine is V8xxx wonder if that would work?
Aren't you being a bit of cad? It's a V6 :D :D :D :?

It's a bit like saying hello ladies I've got a Porsche and you lead them out to the 944 rather than the 911 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry couldnt resist :mrgreen:
Haha :)

Well I've had it since 1999 and it was on V8 cars (mainly JLR) until it made it's way onto the Evoque. So now the relevance is just my initials. I did think of letting it go with the car and just going back to a normal plate but it feels like part of the family!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I purchased my front plinth from David Manners Jaguar parts or your main dealer can order the same part which is around £16 including VAT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.