Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Keith Happy to hear you could not find any water tell tale signs when you had the cover off you will have noticed there is not many places it will come in that's why I would say lights hopefully it'll be sorted soon. Mark

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks for all your help Mark. I'm guessing I will never be able to say it's sorted, just that it hasn't happened for a while. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Keith I have just looked at another photo of the tailgate if you still have the trim off have a look around the wiper check the rubber seal where it goes through the glass.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I took the trim off again and had good look around the wiper seal and there was no indication of a leak although I can see this could become a weakness with time as the seal starts to deteriorate. Fingers crossed it was the number plate.

·
Registered
554 Posts
An update on this. Since my last post, and with both sets of number plate holes taped up inside and out, I have had no issues with water dripping out the bottom of the tailgate despite several washings and some horrendous rain. It therefore looks like it was these holes that were the culprit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
An update on this. Since my last post, and with both sets of number plate holes taped up inside and out, I have had no issues with water dripping out the bottom of the tailgate despite several washings and some horrendous rain. It therefore looks like it was these holes that were the culprit.
Good to know. I've had water in there once after washing, and I know the dealer replaced my number plate. Can I ask how does the inner tail gate panel cover come off?

·
Registered
554 Posts
It just pulls off. I half shut the tailgate so I wasn't stretching up too far, sat in the boot with my legs dangling out, got my fingers between the glass and the trim and pulled. Refitting was the reverse with a sharp thump to get the clips back in. Much easier than I thought it would be. I had a small torch so I could look inside the tailgate for tell-tale drips or streaks. Taping over the holes was slightly tricky but just needs a bit of patience.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I have a question on the same lines.
When I open the tailgate after it has been raining a lot of water comes out of the top passenger side (RHD car). I have no idea where it has been collecting and I am surprised that I am unable to find anything resembling a drain hole.
My drive has a slight slope to it with the rear of the car just a little lower than the front. The passenger side is a LOT worse than the drivers side.
There is no water near the latch or closure switch. Also the car has an opening/sliding roof panel but everything to do with this item is fine and dry - thank heavens!

Does anyone know where the drain holes/vents are so I can check them.
All ideas and suggestions most welcome and I hope its ok to sort of hijack this thread.

Nick

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nick,

Just to clarify, you are talking about water running out of the tailgate at the hinge end?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would have thought that any water getting in at around this area would just drain down and find the appropriate drain point. Perhaps the the trim panels are easily removed?
Let’s face it all drain holes have to be cleared every so often its just a matter of where they are etc.

Nick

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have water run out in exactly the same place. I park level so it runs out both sides equally. The Jaguar Dealer has looked several times and say it's not a problem although no one has been able to tell me where the water is collecting. What I do know is it is not water collecting in the tailgate as I have checked that. I did wonder if it was collecting in the spoiler at the top of the tailgate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Keith, Just got in. Thank you very much for the info. When the weather improves I’ll get the hosepipe out and have a proper look and see. If I find anything I will report back.

Thanks again.

Nick

21 - 36 of 36 Posts