Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Find a good aftermarket warranty if you are keeping it, fixing electronic problems or major components can be very expensive.

·
Registered
310 Posts
For my m4 it just turned 3 years old bmw warranty's £1300 I went with a like for like motor easy warranty with breakdown for only £350 ish time will tell if I need them and if they true to there word
Warranty wise are on par with any manufacturer warranty and are usually £300 cheaper than the manufacturer.
But it's definitely worth doing a warranty as engines can be expensive

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just put in Jaguar warranty in search engine and Jaguar uk site pops up to get a quote direct.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Warranty really is a concern isn't it! I finally bit the bullet and took out the Motor Easy Gold Cover and upgraded to £120 per hour labour cover . I have just had my three year service (24k) on my RSport Petrol and the only thing the dealer could fault was a rear wiper blade which mysteriously developed a six inch tear between my parking the car and the visual report. I was quoted £30 odd pounds but sourced one myself for less than a tenner so assume £20 plus for labour ( pause to laugh) which is about two minutes even by an amateur like me!!!

Seriously the Motor Easy warranty covers just about everything and was less than a grand for three years. I even negotiated 10 monthly interest free payments ( why not?).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Good to hear Rosco as this was the one that was top of my list to go with.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello all. I've recently cancelled my MotorEasy cover I had on my old car, as I found they were downgrading the cover to keep the price down. Be very wary on whichever aftermarket cover you get, a lot will not cover consequential loss (I.e. one component fails which is covered and causes a failure of another component which is not covered).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any one taken out a warranty with Jaguar? My 3 ltr V6 f pace s is out of warranty at the end of December

·
Registered
649 Posts
There are plenty of cheap warranties, read the small print, and know what the limitations are, many have a limit on claims and a major failure will cost much more.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks. i think what’s not covered is as important as what is covered! I realise JLR warranty will be more expensive than a third party but is it more comprehensive. e g access to a curtesy car?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any one taken out a warranty with Jaguar? My 3 ltr V6 f pace s is out of warranty at the end of December
I took out year 4 warranty with "Jaguar" in March - the full hit version.
No need to call on it yet thank goodness, so I cannot give any opinion as to whether it is worth it.
It was very expensive (£900+) but I liked the peace of mind factor of full labour cover, Jaguar only parts, etc.
HTH
Tim

·
Registered
173 Posts
I too bit the bullet and kept Jaguar warranty, you get what you pay for, personally I'm happy to pay.

Reactions: Veteran

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’ve just decided to go ahead with Jaguar extended warranty. Only (!) £761 including breakdown & recovery etc.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Someone on another forum drew my attention to Allianz for extended warranties. I think they do VAG group beyond manufacturer's warranty, but also seem to cover JLR. I put a quote through the other day and to say it was competitive compared to Jaguar's price would be an understatement, but I have had time to do a like-for-like comparison yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts