Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in a couple of other posts I am new here, have just bought a demo R-Sport here in Australia with 15,000k's on the clock.

As the dealership I bought from is about 1000kms away in a different state I purchased the car unregistered and had it trucked to me and then had it registered.

During the roadworthy inspection for registration the mechanic noted that there was a slight oil leak that appeared to be coming from under the valve cover. I have just contacted my local Jaguar dealership thinking I would just book it in under warranty. I was told by the dealership that it being looked at under warranty is unlikely as......."even if under warranty, oil leaks are only covered for a short period of time from when the car is new" :shock:

Isn't this exactly what a warranty is for?? It lists a set period that faulty items will be covered for. Am I right or wrong??

A second issue that was dismissed immediately also was that the bonnet is terribly out of alignment with the front corner of the drivers side sitting about 5mm below the adjacent guard and the passengers side sitting up by about the same amount. I have read of others having panel fitment issues but because my car was not bought as a "brand new car" straight from the dealership - no dice.

I have tried to contact the dealership I bought the vehicle from but have had no response so far. Surely a Jaguar warranty is good for something :?: :?: I will be interested to see what response I get back from the selling dealership.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Douggie66 said:
Isn't this exactly what a warranty is for?? It lists a set period that faulty items will be covered for. Am I right or wrong??
Hi Douggie, a warm welcome to the forum. Shocked to hear the poor response of your local dealership, hopefully the more distant dealer you bought from will be able to clarify the situation for you. You mentioned, in your introduction post, that your ex-demonstrator car is a 2017 model, but I would have thought that you should be covered by some kind of an approved-used warranty and/or the remainder of the original warranty from new (sorry, I'm not sure what consumer protection laws are like in Oz), so both the oil leak and the bonnet misalignment should be covered. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Post us some pics of your car when you get the chance :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome :) Yes, shocked me too, the car is 16 months old, so still a good 20 months of new car warranty left.

Unfortunately in my experience it seems the norm these days for dealers to try to dismiss warranty issues at first in the hope that the customer just goes away. But not gonna happen with this guy! Will let you know how it pans out.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You could try contacting these guys

Australia Customer Services.

Please contact our Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre (CRC) team for all enquiries and concerns.
Call: 1800 625 642
8:00am to 8:00pm EST Monday to Friday
9:00am to 4:00pm EST Saturday
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for those details June. If I don't get any satisfaction through the dealer I'll definitely follow it up with the above info. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Douggie,
Turns out I have what I would assume to be the same oil leak on the same model car in Australia too.

The dealer found it after an inspection while it was in for an adblue refill at about 20000K's. They said it was very minor and will watch it. If it gets worse will cover the repair with warranty, which I assume it can only get worse.

How did you go with yours?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jacko,

After inspecting the car my local dealer determined it was the vacuum pump that was leaking. They fixed it under warranty without any hassles, sounds like the original person I spoke didn't have a clue what he was talking about with regard to the warranty. The repairs took an overnight stay at the dealership to be fixed.

While they had the car they also determined that the reversing camera needs to be replaced and the outside temperature sensor also. So in a few weeks the car is going back in to replace those and to have its service at the same time. Price of the service made my eyes water :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.