Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Wake Up'

Has anyone used this feature?

In essence the vehicle will go to sleep (won't update the Incontrol App) at 4 days of inactivity.

But the 'wake up' feature can be set to wakeup the vehicle to report out once, I assume that will last 4 days before one can set a new 'wake up' date.

Issue I had was, I used it once and when I finally got back into the vehicle the ICTP didn't come on, at all! now I had this once before but turning the engine off/on again cured it, not this time, absolutely annoying... made me realise the vehicle is bare without it on.

Turning off the feature via the app and giving it 5mins to sync with the vehicle seemed cure the issue, touch wood, as the ICTP worked/works now.

Anyone else have/had a similar issue?

Q time: if anyone can advise....

Is the feature only to be used if the vehicle isn't to be used, and should be left to 'wakeup' before being driven again, or at least have the feature turned off before driving the vehicle again, before the predefined wakeup date?

Does the feature put the vehicle to sleep until the 'wakeup' date, as opposed to it naturally going sleep?

Or, as I presumed, if the vehicle will natural go to sleep after 4days, I could set it to 'wakeup' on the 5th day, and obtain updates of the vehicle: location, mileage etc thereafter for 4days before setting a new 'wakeup' date.

Answers/suggestions on a postcard folks, much appreciated.

·
Registered
363 Posts
From my experience with my XE it is really designed to be used when away from the car for a period of time and wanting to use the remote start fucntions upon return. So for example going away on holiday, the car will go to sleep after 4 days of inactivity as you say - so you land at the airport and can't pre-heat the cabin. So you set the wake up before you leave (as it needs to communicate with the car to set the timer) and then set the wake up for a time before you need it - so land at 1pm set the wake up for noon and if the JLR gods are aligned, the wind is blowing in the right direction and you are wearing your lucky socks you might get remote climate to work.

And I don't believe it forces it to sleep as I have set it before I went away and used the remote functions in between.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll have to play with it more to make sure I'm not going crazy. I really thought I was going to end up joining the masses with ICTP issues.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
jonty1625 said:
From my experience with my XE it is really designed to be used when away from the car for a period of time and wanting to use the remote start fucntions upon return. So for example going away on holiday, the car will go to sleep after 4 days of inactivity as you say - so you land at the airport and can't pre-heat the cabin. So you set the wake up before you leave (as it needs to communicate with the car to set the timer) and then set the wake up for a time before you need it - so land at 1pm set the wake up for noon and if the JLR gods are aligned, the wind is blowing in the right direction and you are wearing your lucky socks you might get remote climate to work.

And I don't believe it forces it to sleep as I have set it before I went away and used the remote functions in between.
And that was funny, thanks. :D

Arianne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts