Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have been keenly following the chat on the forum for last 2 weeks - was originally looking to change my current a6 2.0tdi for a 2.0d land rover discovery sport - then I saw the fpace and was beguiled by the looks and potential on-road handling potential - I can't stretch budget to s 3.0 derivatives - not a company car - however, macan 3.0d s is only 6k more potentially than the 2.0 fpace r sport after specing it to a decent level. I aim to purchase next car on pcp on 3 year deal....first time I've gone down that route.

Jag Wolverhampton assure me that for a September delivery - my ideal - won't be a problem- even if I don't pay a deposit for a few weeks still - even until after first models appear in dealerships, kick starting the real first surge in demand I guess.

Kinda worries me as both discovery sport and Porsche have waiting lists still despite being out for a while now... I don't want to get stung hugely on depreciation.... Too much of that with my Audi and bmw owner experiences..... Took the macan 3.0ds on test drive yesterday - well nice...but not as big as the jag and dare I say it, as exclusive as the fpace will be to start off with.anyway .... Nowt wrong with discovery sport too - likely to be good on residuals as well.... Decisions decisions...... Thoughts, anyone????

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm going through the same thoughts. I have a deposit on a Macan GTS but really like the F-Pace, my only worry is the same as yours, residuals, especially as ideally I want a petrol, and like yourself I've lost a small fortune over the last few years on cars. I still don't have a clue when I'll get the GTS even though I placed a deposit over 3 months ago, best guess at the moment is end of this year. Long waiting lists and no discounts equal good residuals, and that's were the Macan is in a league of its own. I think the F-pace will do ok on residuals but I thought that about my previous F-Type and was wrong, it's anyone's guess at the moment tbh.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a quandary - I can't see how you can go wrong on the gts - it's clearly in huge demand - just wish the Macan was a wee bit bigger as I've been sold on the SUV option on its practicality - convincing my wife that the Macan is big enough may be pushing it - would love to have the Porsche - but the jag may just be the best if both worlds - if, big if, unlike on past jaguar products, it can hold its money in an increasingly swamped market, Porsche are off course proven in this regard on previous models....and the macan is a mighty fine car in terms of both build and fit/finish.... Another worry about the jag......

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jj99 said:
Hi all

I have been keenly following the chat on the forum for last 2 weeks - was originally looking to change my current a6 2.0tdi for a 2.0d land rover discovery sport - then I saw the fpace and was beguiled by the looks and potential on-road handling potential - I can't stretch budget to s 3.0 derivatives - not a company car - however, macan 3.0d s is only 6k more potentially than the 2.0 fpace r sport after specing it to a decent level. I aim to purchase next car on pcp on 3 year deal....first time I've gone down that route.

Jag Wolverhampton assure me that for a September delivery - my ideal - won't be a problem- even if I don't pay a deposit for a few weeks still - even until after first models appear in dealerships, kick starting the real first surge in demand I guess.

Kinda worries me as both discovery sport and Porsche have waiting lists still despite being out for a while now... I don't want to get stung hugely on depreciation.... Too much of that with my Audi and bmw owner experiences..... Took the macan 3.0ds on test drive yesterday - well nice...but not as big as the jag and dare I say it, as exclusive as the fpace will be to start off with.anyway .... Nowt wrong with discovery sport too - likely to be good on residuals as well.... Decisions decisions...... Thoughts, anyone????
If you have to Spec the F-Pace to a decent level then the Macan will be a lot more than £6k above that unless you want a very bare Macan, I owned a Macan S and spent £10k just getting it to what you would expect in a luxury car i.e, leather seats,sat nav, rear camera, bluetooth, half decent audio, storage on the back of the seats.......etc

Jaguar have always produced saloon cars with heavy depreciate. All car makers that make saloon cars suffer heavy depreication including BMW, Audi and the mighty Porsche, you can get panamera with very good discounts.

Given that the Jag XE is predicted to have the highest residual values after 3 years of all the medium saloon models i.e. 3 series, A4, C class that shows it's doing ok in the market it currently sells in.

Land Rover produce cars with high residual values such as RRS & RRE so why would the F-Pace be any different. Jaguar is a very small car producer and I expect production numbers will be lower than the Porsche Macan. Porche produced 44k Macan in year 1 and that's expected to increase to 80k Macan per year. By June 2015 they had already made 100,000 Macan in just over 17 months and with waiting lists for F-Pace already at 6-9 months and the vast majority of the car buying public isn't even aware of the F-Pace yet I expect very high demand.

Residuals in the F-Pace will be very high assuming the press don't tear it a part and judging by recent reviews of new Jaguars I don't expect that.

Residuals are all about supply and demand and I don't think JLR will be able to make enough of them to meet that demand. I firmly believe JLR will have another Range Rover Evoque on their hands where waiting lists at one point was well over a year.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I second the opinion above.

To add to that, for me I'll be keeping my F-Pace 4 years as I have done my Evoque which still looks fresh now. There will be a new Macan (or at least a facelift) in the next 18 months I would imagine.

That coupled with the price after options, the size being similar to my Evoque and the Macan being pretty ugly when parked next to an F-Pace makes the Jag the winner for me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll be parking the f-pace next to my Evoque too, so we'll have an identical drive Paulc :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi I have been wavering more on delivery my present lease car goes back in May and while i have another car it isn't suitable for a holiday I have planned to Italy in July ( Driving with 5 weeks in an apartment already booked with flights booked and paid for family who will be joining us so cancelling isn't an option)
My dealer keeps telling me he hopes for some more information soon but it getting near the time I will have to look elsewhere.

I had a test drive of THE Merc GLC 240d AMG and was impressed great gearbox and a real executive quality car and cheaper than the Fpace but I have never had a Jag and I love the design.

Decisions Decisions

·
Registered
154 Posts
50Trevor said:
Hi I have been wavering more on delivery my present lease car goes back in May and while i have another car it isn't suitable for a holiday I have planned to Italy in July ( Driving with 5 weeks in an apartment already booked with flights booked and paid for family who will be joining us so cancelling isn't an option)
My dealer keeps telling me he hopes for some more information soon but it getting near the time I will have to look elsewhere.

I had a test drive of THE Merc GLC 240d AMG and was impressed great gearbox and a real executive quality car and cheaper than the Fpace but I have never had a Jag and I love the design.

Decisions Decisions
Get yourself a hire car for the trip. What you spend on the hire car you will get back on the slower depreciating F-Pace. The fact you could order a GLC now for May delivery tell you everything - over supply.

The 8 speed ZF gearbox in Jaguars are also up there with the best, It's basically the same unit BMW use with slight software modifications, I also think the quality issue of the interiors on the F-Pace is being over played. I have spent some time in a FE model and was not disappointed, yes it could be better like metal buttons and softer touch plastics lower down on the dashboard/door cards but it's certainly not bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts