Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from Dunstable last night and noticed a vibration noise on hard right hand bends. Also getting a gas like smell in the cabin (had noticed this a little before, but had put it down to new car burning off stuff).

Checked under car and have something leaking under near side. Suspect I may have the driveline oil leak from differential that others have reported.

Waiting on Jag Assist to turn up now.....

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Growler said:
Driving home from Dunstable last night and noticed a vibration noise on hard right hand bends. Also getting a gas like smell in the cabin (had noticed this a little before, but had put it down to new car burning off stuff).

Checked under car and have something leaking under near side. Suspect I may have the driveline oil leak from differential that others have reported.

Waiting on Jag Assist to turn up now.....
Wow thats not good news, fingers crossed it is something they can sort quickly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Differential leak confirmed. Also found that heat shield matting was rubbing on prop shaft.

Car now with dealer and I am in an XF.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have to say Jag Assist were great. Even though they knew I was at home (as opposed to stranded roadside) they arrived within 30 minutes or so (with a text message after 15 minutes saying they were on their way and giving their vehicle registration). Problem was quickly confirmed and the guy took several pictures underneath the car to send off with his report. He said car was fine to drive to local dealership the called Jag Assist to arrange for a car to be ready for me to collect when I dropped mine off. He logged it as a P1 call and said I'd get a call from Jaguar Assist shortly. He'd only been gone 5 minutes when call came in saying replacement car was ready for me. Incidentally the XF I picked up from the dealer does appear to belong to JLR as opposed to the dealership (going by the label on the registration plate).

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Growler said:
Have to say Jag Assist were great. Even though they knew I was at home (as opposed to stranded roadside) they arrived within 30 minutes or so (with a text message after 15 minutes saying they were on their way and giving their vehicle registration). Problem was quickly confirmed and the guy took several pictures underneath the car to send off with his report. He said car was fine to drive to local dealership the called Jag Assist to arrange for a car to be ready for me to collect when I dropped mine off. He logged it as a P1 call and said I'd get a call from Jaguar Assist shortly. He'd only been gone 5 minutes when call came in saying replacement car was ready for me. Incidentally the XF I picked up from the dealer does appear to belong to JLR as opposed to the dealership (going by the label on the registration plate).
Sounds like a good service, interesting about the JLR label, i wonder if each dealer has been given a car or two for these sort of issues?

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Well, the positive from this experience is it sounds like you had a good and efficient response from Jag Assist, which I'm very relieved to hear. Sorry that you've had a problem with your car Growler, but let's hope they sort it out for you and rectify it just as efficiently. Keep us posted on progress. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Growler said:
Sounds like a good service, interesting about the JLR label, i wonder if each dealer has been given a car or two for these sort of issues?
Yes, every dealer has a small number of cars which are supplied directly by Jaguar to support Jag Assist.

Arianne

·
Registered
453 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Growler said:
Last time my car was in i had a loaner that was JLR, an amonite F Pace... The service dept said they had a few JLR cars for courtesy use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts