Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any news on the models beyond the FE, my dealer is being vague at best having ordered my 3.0s back in October of last year. All in all spent out at least 75k and no news at all. I was originally told may, this has obviously moved month by month with now a 'it might be done in July'. Anyone in the same boat with lack of information?? Frustrating and a bit disappointing when so much money has been paid up. Living in hope everyday!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've commandeered this from another post in the Intro's section added yesterday.

Personally, I ordered in September and am really hoping for a July delivery before the school holidays start. My order form states delivery 30th June

Cooljules said:
Hi All,
Just heard from my dealer, production date of 25th June, delivery to dealer approx 17th July.
A bit of a longer wait than i expected, after all i did place the deposit in Sept 15. But reading the reviews, it should be worth waiting for :D :D .
looking for ward to my 3.0DS in Ammonite, 22"double helix in silver+a few more easy bits!!!!!!! Roll on July!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Like you at the time of deposit in September they were talking late April/early May but it's now August which they have checked twice in as many weeks with no change so worst case this won't get any later but still hoping it will get pulled forward.

G

·
I'm in France and my 2.0d AWD R-Sport is supposed to arrive at the end of this month.
They don't want to deliver it before their F-Pace event on the 13th of May. I'm still negotiating with my dealer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frustrating isn't it :(
Well I own a business near the Solihull plant and the line managers are always coming in saying 'were on schedule' dunno what schedule they're working on?!?

Wish they would keep us more informed, I think that would go down better than silence

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is massive differences between dealers. I only ordered at the end of January and have an 8 May build date for delivery in late May. It is a 2ltr which may make a difference but it is also down to dealer and allocation. The first dealer I went to in January had sold his allocation and was quoting November/December. Whereas with the one I went with I was 5th of his allocation of 20 and he was only half an hour away...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Salmonfisher said:
There is massive differences between dealers. I only ordered at the end of January and have an 8 May build date for delivery in late May. It is a 2ltr which may make a difference but it is also down to dealer and allocation. The first dealer I went to in January had sold his allocation and was quoting November/December. Whereas with the one I went with I was 5th of his allocation of 20 and he was only half an hour away...
The more dealer saturation the better the chance you have of finding one with either more allocation or less orders, as for the fact it's a 2L making the difference according to my dealer this is the case because they are saying there's a supply issue with both 3.0L versions. Can sort of yet the reason for the 3.0L petrol having supply issues since the US market will be huge for this car but struggling with the delay on the 3.0L diesel as it's not available there. :?:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi all, seem to have a build / delivery date similar to other early birds on forum. Spoke to dealer today to confirm our 2d portfolio test drive on Sunday morning...and to hand over paperwork to register JA65 CAT plate. Ammonite grey demo so will give me a bit of an idea of what to expect when it arrives late May, so about 6 weeks to go..... still.. Think it maybe an idea for the trail blazers / first deliveries of non FE to have a colour gallery of the coulors, so the undecided can make a more informed choice and difference options make on the looks. Make sure the FE has a gallery to of course!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I can understand the frustration as until the other day I had nothing but now have a date of June.
It depends on a number of things. Amount of orders at dealers last year and the amount of slots they have in first run and the car type of course.
Delays to all 3.0 engines and black packs I'm told. Saying that there are cars in the system with dates and the others are August / September on the next run. Sure there are some in between.
Do you have an actual common order number / vista number ? Might be worth going down there and actually getting them to check on the system and see if there is an actual date assigned yet.
Were you in the first batch of 6-10 cars for that dealer as that would have been first allocation.
Hopefully all get clearer soon. I was told my date could slip so not expecting it 100% just hoping now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was number 2 on dealer list, but they told me that the allocations they have are shared between the fpaces and the XE models, which is frustrating enough to hear that they have very few build slots as it is (9 a month for this dealer) and they still are sharing them between all models. Frustratingly, they also admitted there isn't a first come first served, and often they are jumping the list because they are basic orders! A bit miffed to say the least. So I shouldn't hold my breath then as I have both a 3l model and black pack!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just had an email from my dealer in response to a question about delivery. Was told that my R-Sport is scheduled to go down the track the second week of May and delivery by 1st June. We live in hope :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
anglecakes - An allocation of 9 a month is enormous but I have never heard of them being shared with XE. My dealer only has 20 for the year and some are only 10 but these are F pace specific. However if the dealer isn't allocating them in date order I would go elsewhere as most dealers say they are.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hi Anglel which dealer was that - mine had 9 slots as well. I thought 6-12 would be about average
Sharing slots I don't get or believe but who knows anything can happen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh sharing slots that's what I got told by the dealer! When they send out orders for cars to be built they have 9 build spots a month but that's for all orders taken not just the fpace. Might look around then cos I think I'm being jerked around and I've got way too much money in this to just be at their mercy as to when they feel like putting the order through. I was number 2 on the dealer list however when I said 'great is my order going through in April/may, I got told probably not as we have to allocate the spots to all orders not just the fpace.' So I was told maybe at a push July, but they still couldn't honour that either so it's all speculation. It's mind spinning it really is!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just had my test drive ......WOW :) Car was essentially same spec as mine with exception of opening pano roof, where I have gone for fixed. A wise choice as nothing to develop a rattle/squeak or leak, plus the seating position and rake of windscreen means that you are only just underneath the start of the roof anyhow!

Dealer also confirmed that my order is now married to a build slot in holding pool and that they expect the car to be delivered to dealership on 20th May (or even earlier as they are aware that jag want to push things on!)

Roll on end May :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Like many of you I ordered my F pace purportedly very early ( Sept 2015) with estimated delivery April/ May . In March dealer said Mid July and now at early September.

As my lease car goes back in May I am left in limbo.

Ordered a Supercharged Petrol and have been informed these are delayed but why !!

Jaguar customer services have been vague with my dealer.little better . Jaguar need to up their game .

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.