View attachment 87
Dark Sapphire Blue
View attachment 87
Rhodium Silver
View attachment 87
Ammonite Grey
View attachment 87
Italian Racing Red

UPDATE 11.30am Wed 30th Mar : Ooops! I've added another option (Racing Red) and it's erased everyone's votes. Please feel free to re-vote! My bad

After months on the configurator and deposit down in September on a Dark Sapphire Blue diesel S I now have only a few days to lock down my order and am questioning my colour choice having seen a few XE's and XF's in the somewhat murky daylight of New York over the weekend where Dark Sapphire appeared black. Coming from a black Evoque I don't want another.

So, I'm opening my new five colour dilemma to you guys.

Background

I do 8-10k miles per year and a typically Shropshire filthy country road for 1-2 miles daily. It's not pot-holed thus the 22" Turbines. Realistically, my car is washed once every month due to lack of time. I'm not allowed black wheels by order of wife, same applies to white paint and red interior.

I'm looking for a good 'Jag colour' with a little stealth. Dark Sapphire Blue didn't justify the black pack to me and I didn't want to lose the S-specific silver trim elements (lower front lip in silver and rear silver diffuser) on that colour as they lifted it. But, on Ammonite, reds and Rhodium black pack to me really compliments.

Ammonite was always second choice but I have not been particularly taken with it in the flesh on the XE. Rhodium I had dismissed in the past until this week and Odyssey Red is a left field choice I had never considered but with the black pack it may offer a nice balance of Jag colour with stealthy-ness. I think Italian Racing Red may be too much for me on a big car but it's still on option against the very conservative (?) Odyssey and I need to see it again in the flesh.

Previous colours: Grey (Nova), white (Clio), blue (306), black (Vectra), blue (Elise), black (Mondeo), black (Elise), red (Golf), silver (TT), grey (RX-8), grey (V40), dark blue (V40), grey (3 series), silvery blue (A5), black (Evoque)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
I can't get this tune out of my head now, ♫ "This is the self-preservation society" ♩ ♪ ♬ . . . lol . . . and my name's definitely not Michael Caine (..the less said about that awful remake the better!), so red, white and blue, all in a convoy; now that would be worth seeing!

Hang on a minute lads, I've gotta great idea... err.. err

Sorry, that's really not much help to you I know.. :roll:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed. Not really much help. But a combination of the three colours. Now you're talking.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
The problem is the configurator doesn't do some of the colours justice, or does the colours too much justice!

I think Ammonite looks better in the mockup than in the flesh, but the white looks nicer in the flesh than the mock up!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Too much choice. All the cars we've bought recently have been pre-loved and came with no choice (although we avoided some colours).

Of the two we chose the colour one was silver and one black. Wouldn't choose black again even though it looks stunning. Did like Silver S at Goodwood. But still haven't ruled out IRR or Ammonite.

Would like to see Odyssey Red in flesh but I think that would look classy.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I agree with Sonic thats why im sticking with white, ive had 3 white cars in all my cars and love the fact the white looked cleanest the longest and in the flesh the polaris white looks ace, seen an XF and XE with black packs and they looked stunning, also have seen an XE in Odysseey Red with black pack and i was torn between that and the white but chose the white as im a lazy sod and wont wash the car as often as i should.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you're leaning towards grey it may be worth checking out storm grey which is one of the premium colours. I was split between this and ammonite until I saw them in the flesh. Ammonite looks many shades lighter real life and, to my eyes, a bit dull and murky, whereas storm grey looks sharp and really shiny/sparkling in the light. Worth the extra for me, I'm surprised its not more popular (take a look at the F-type video with annoying music on youtube, the closest it comes to reality in computer screen format).

·
Registered
948 Posts
Out of your list I'd choice either Silver or IRR. If looking clean the longest is important than go for the Silver but I love the IRR.

Oh and for those that wonder what Odyssey Red looks like in the fresh, I say unimpressive but that was the colour of the Portfolio I saw was Charles Hurst had it over and in the same showroom they had an XE in Ammonite and an XF in Glacier White... Check out my spec to know which colour impressed me the most. lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder how this vote would be going had I thrown Storm Grey into the mix?

Expensive, especially when factoring in Black Pack (compared to my original Dark Sapphire Blue, non-Black pack) but it does seem to be a popular, and more individual choice

May not be a good idea for me to look at the F-Types to see this colour otherwise I could be in for another £1,685 :eek:

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Maybe I could save on the black pack though. Compliments the silver elements on the wheels and retains the S-specific silver elements rather then covering them in shiny black......mmm

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
If those configurator pics are anything to go by, Storm looks so good with the black pack; without just removes the 'stealth' character from it and makes it look more conservative to my eye . . . ah, decisions, decisions! :?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
catwoman said:
If those configurator pics are anything to go by, Storm looks so good with the black pack; without just removes the 'stealth' character from it and makes it look more conservative to my eye . . . ah, decisions, decisions! :?
Not helping my wallet or relationship with the Bank Manager here!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Entirely your choice and I know its a very tough one. I was in the same position and after much deliberation decided to hold back on the 22in alloys and LED headlights in order to fund the exterior colour and black pack. Although they say ride quality and road noise wont be compromised with the 22in I am pretty sure they will be and 22 in is IMHO over the threshold at which this becomes a problem. Add to that the paranoia of avoiding pot holes which would detract me from enjoying my driving. Having said that the turbines on storm grey look awesome - shame they don't do them in 20s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts