Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone confirm if they can use voice control to play / access iOS devices for playing and searching music etc?

The videos seem to say yes, my system says no - says no media of that name is present or similar regardless of using Bluetooth, cable, USB drive etc.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I've just been looking at this and pretty sure you can only use voice for music on the inbuilt media player.
I've just ripped some iTunes stuff to it today which was very easy and quick

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10gb is nothing though - need 100gb or to constantly change stuff. Really backwards if it doesn't allow it as the standard in-control has it. And in the list of voice commands there is "media player play" and also just "play"...

·
Registered
203 Posts
jonty1625 said:
Can someone confirm if they can use voice control to play / access iOS devices for playing and searching music etc?

The videos seem to say yes, my system says no - says no media of that name is present or similar regardless of using Bluetooth, cable, USB drive etc.
It definitely doesn't work on my FP even though there are Apple Device Commands to choose music!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lead tech at the dealer says they have seen and used voice control with an iPod on ICTP and went out to mine to show me how. Then realised mine didn't and says it should. I am not convinced it is on the spec but if it isn't JLR need to add it as it's a huge omission!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the manual says voice control is only available on newer iOS devices connected via lightning cable... hmmmm.... like all of mine are.

Also need to be running the latest iOS.... hmmm.... like all of mine are....

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to confirm what I have tried so far connected via Lightning connector (barring one older device) :

iPhone 6 - ios10
iPhone 7 - ios10
iPod Touch 5th Gen - ios9
iPod Touch 6th Gen - ios10
iPod Classic 6th Gen - OS 2.0.5 (30 pin connector so wasn't expecting much)

All play music
All allow manual playlist / artist / track search etc.
iPhone 6 and 7 gave cover images
None gave cover flow or grid view
None allowed voice control
Did occassionally get "this command is not avaialble for Apple products" as feedback as opposed to "this media is not available" or similar that I usually get

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.