Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My virtual speedometer keeps changing position, sometimes it appears on the larger dial, centre left and at other times it moves to the smaller dial on the right hand side, the larger dial then becomes the Rev counter.
Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, how can I resolve this issue?

On the subject of electronics I have recently had the software update carried out by my dealer and the system no longer freezes, however the front parking sensor switch can still not be relied upon, so I always engage reverse gear to make the front sensors are operational.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Russell said:
On the subject of electronics I have recently had the software update carried out by my dealer and the system no longer freezes, however the front parking sensor switch can still not be relied upon, so I always engage reverse gear to make the front sensors are operational.
I've had the same issue on my RRE since new.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which issue are you having, the moving speedo, or the front parking sensor switch, or both?

Incidentally the displays on the RR come from a different supplier, I learned this on a factory tour to Solihull.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same problem with front parking sensors.
In 2 weeks the car will go in for update. Jaguar thinks that will fix the problem.
I also have had loss of radio and telephone, one time. After a restart it worked again.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, indeed that now makes sense, my wife never uses dynamic mode but I do, she thought that I had gone mad!

On the subject of the front parking sensors not operating when being activated using the button on the infotainment centre. They always function after engaging reverse gear and then selecting drive, I de activated the check box on the low speed activation of the front parking sensors in the settings menu and they now work, go figure!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Russell said:
I de activated the check box on the low speed activation of the front parking sensors in the settings menu and they now work, go figure!
I can't find this option in my menu (first edition) can you tell me where you found it.

Thanks

·
Banned
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will have a look later on this afternoon and tell you how to access the option.

Strange though it indicates that it activates the front sensors at low speeds, which is at odds with the switch. To my knowledge Jaguar unlike some other brands do not automatically switch on at low speed, they say to avoid unnecessary alerts when driving forwards. So in that case what is the switch really for, as it doesn't cancel the front sensors?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts