Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, had my VIP Experience at Solihull yesterday. What a fantastic day. Saw my FPS 3.0 Supercharged being assembled at different stages. Jaguar really look after you, my wife loved the pampering. I would recommend the day if you get the chance. :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Anymore about the assembly process ? How long does a car take , how does it progress.
I've seen a few updates on system like in build, awaiting body, doing trim etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Did you see the final inspection as I would be interested to know if anyone is actually there looking or are they just getting them off the production line as quickly as possible?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMG_0915.JPGIMG_0907.JPGIMG_0910.JPGTakes about 10 hours. when the shell enters assembly the doors are removed for access. the doors continue on their own line and are built up independently, they rejoin the vehicle at the end just before all liquids are added. the main shell travels around the plant, up and down, round and round visiting all the various stations where the components are fitted. the dash board comes in completely finished with all your spec added and is the installed as one part. JLR work on a "just in time" process with just a 4 hour lead time. All the running gear is assembled independently and is married up as required. The whole build from panel to finish takes 3 days, the line assembles the F-Pace, Range Rover Sport and the XE, they are all jumbled up and all different colours! I could go on all night but take a look at some pictures.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That's brilliant - great to see.
Yes I got updates from dealer at build time and saw the stages - awaiting body, fitting trim etc.
Took 3 days of updates etc. Pictures sort of fit what I had in my head. - sort of

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speak to your dealer, there is a cost but I'm sure you can twist there arm, I did!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have visited Solihull twice with Discis and also invited by JLR in Nov last year for VIP reveal of the car. Considering the "quality" checks I witnessed on each visit I am flabbergasted they keep churning out such crap! My car is booked in for 30th for final fix of ICTP, if it doesn't get sorted it's BYE BYE CAR!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts